Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Enroll now and earn a free night reward after spending $8K on your card thru 28 Feb 2022.
The Free Night Reward can be redeemed any night of the week for a one night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. To redeem the Free Night Reward, you must call 1-800-446-6677. Free Night Rewards issued through this promotion on or before 12/31/2021 will expire on 12/31/2022 and Free Night Rewards issued on or after 1/1/2022 will expire 12 months from date of issuance.

Link to check for offer: https://global.americanexpress.com/enrollments/oletenroll?campaignId=ggll1121&offerType=ggll01&lo cale=en-US&cid=OH,MB,CobrandFNCLPCarousel,MULTIPR,Carousel ,Offers,SingleLink,i83174

You must complete your stay by the expiration date. Please note, your free night reward may or may not be visible in your Hilton Honors account, so please retain your email for your record.

Print Wikipost

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I never got an e-mail, and I never get e-mails about any promotions, when I saw this thread I just found it on my account. Do you get e-mails about all hundred of them constantly?

Maybe we have our accounts set up differently?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
I received the original email and then several follow-up emails (even after I met the spend) -- only the certificate itself ended up in Clutter. That said, it is pretty prominently displayed on the page after logging into hilton.com. Have been researching a bunch of 2022 travel so feel like I am constantly seeing it (and sort of hoping it might let me earn a second one!).
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by dbuckho
I received the original email and then several follow-up emails (even after I met the spend) -- only the certificate itself ended up in Clutter. That said, it is pretty prominently displayed on the page after logging into hilton.com. Have been researching a bunch of 2022 travel so feel like I am constantly seeing it (and sort of hoping it might let me earn a second one!).
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by dbuckho
that would make sense. I rarely am on the laptop anymore (the website). All my Hilton bookings, daily, are through the app. I probably just need to keep a better eye on the flyertalk community
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there a way to easily track your spending toward this promotion? Not sure I have my start date handy and even then it'll involve downloading transactions. Is there a meter somewhere? Has anyone called Amex and gotten this info?
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I never got an e-mail, and I never get e-mails about any promotions, when I saw this thread I just found it on my account. Do you get e-mails about all hundred of them constantly?

Maybe we have our accounts set up differently?
I seem to always get emails for the quarterly promotions and other special promotions like this one. This promotion is, imo, quite different than those normal Amex Offers to which you are referring and which are reported in this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-2022-a-4.html
I never receive emails about those common Amex Offers.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I seem to always get emails for the quarterly promotions and other special promotions like this one. This promotion is, imo, quite different than those normal Amex Offers to which you are referring and which are reported in this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-2022-a-4.html
I never receive emails about those common Amex Offers.
You know, now that I think about it, I might have opted out of all e-mails except for those specifically confirming reservations, etc.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:01 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Is there a way to easily track your spending toward this promotion? Not sure I have my start date handy and even then it'll involve downloading transactions. Is there a meter somewhere? Has anyone called Amex and gotten this info?
I called AMEX, mentioned the promo, and the agent was able to give me the date I signed up for it and my precise progress.
ijgordon and _kurt like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
I just chatted with Amex and they gave me my spend through my last statement (1/15), I met the spend on 1/18. The agent said I would get the cert when the charge was billed.

Can anyone share their experiences on when they got the cert?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by san888
I just chatted with Amex and they gave me my spend through my last statement (1/15), I met the spend on 1/18. The agent said I would get the cert when the charge was billed.

Can anyone share their experiences on when they got the cert?
I responded in the other thread where you asked this question.
san888 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I called AMEX, mentioned the promo, and the agent was able to give me the date I signed up for it and my precise progress.
If you've used any credits(dining, resort, airline), the agents will give incorrect info. They just sum up all transactions though we know the spend towards airline and resort is included in the spend totals.

I've got 2 different numbers from couple agents who have their own version of what is included or not...(I've used the dining, resort and airline credits)
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:26 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
What about returns?

How do returns factor into the $8000? What if the return is for a purchase that was before the promo started?
Old Jan 22, 2022, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
My wife & I normally spend about $2.5K monthly on her Marriott Bonv°y Visa. At the beginning of this promo we shifted our spend to a no-fee Hilton AmEx.

However, in the Northern Mariana Islands, enough stores don't take AmEx that we could only shift half our monthly expenditures to that card.

Sadly, we had to give up the effort.

We've been Bonv°yed!
Old Jan 22, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I have not seen a way other than calling Amex I wish they did since I have to cancel a couple of trips this month, as a lot of clients are going remote again. .
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by troyintn
I have not seen a way other than calling Amex I wish they did since I have to cancel a couple of trips this month, as a lot of clients are going remote again. .
There is a spend counter on the Amex website covering normal spend from January 1 of each year for the annual cert. This at least will tell you your spend from 1JAN22, then check your 2021 statements. Or you have to call.

I made note of my annual spend when I signed up for the $8K spend cert, so I knew how much spend I needed to reach $8K in 2022.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.