Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Thank You Gift

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Thank You Gift

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta

Nooope. Lump of coal for me. Diamond member, stayed every night of last week in HGI, Hamptons, Home2Suites, Homewood, and DTs. Oh well.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:24 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
I received the offer (I'm from Belgium).
Had 10 nights in total this year (so far) spread over 5 (paid) stays.
Locked in Diamond for next year so not planning many more Hilton nights this year (because of downgraded benefits/closed executive lounges).
I must say, I have really enjoyed trying other (non-Hilton) hotels during the last few months (and I really enjoyed the benefits I received at them despite having no status).
Sisosig and puchong like this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Hippo Zippo for this Diamond - Maybe now I'm Zircon instead?

David
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Nothing for me, either. But, as a poster upthread pointed out, many of us have been unsubscribed from promotional emails, including me. So maybe it was targeted towards those who went into their accounts and check on such things? Or maybe targeted at those who are actually, somehow, opted in for these promo emails? I only stayed one night this summer, though, but you'd think it's people like me they would be targeting, to get us spending again.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I'm opted in for promo emails, (and have been receiving them) but not eligible for this. Don't think it is as simple as being targeted just for being on the promo email list.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:16 am

@RAPC, I am also subscribed (and receive) all emails (nothing over the top actually, a few per month, so quite acceptable) - however not eligible for this as well (I am based in EU).
RAPC likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Nothing here.
Subscribed to marketing emails.
Diamond (going on 4, maybe 5 years)?
Amex (basic)
Based in California

Stay history:
2021: 31 nights (24 paid)
Last 12 months: 40 nights (30 paid)

Upcoming: 20 nights (11 paid)

If I had to guess, I bet it went to people with less than a certain number of upcoming stays.

I realize that I'm not the biggest spender in the group... mostly Hampton Inn & Suites, as I work for a cost-conscious non-profit.... And Hilton can do whatever they want with their money/points/incentives/marketing. But it doesn't make me feel particularly appreciated. The grass isn't greener... but it's tempting to go see if I can pull Marriott stays for those upcoming 11 nights.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite

Pleasant surprise!
8-year HIB Diamond.
Amex Aspire
57 nights this year, most paid, some award.
Handful of stays booked over the next few months.
I also was blessed with the 100k bonus back in 2015 (IIRC).
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
The points guy posted a link if you didn't receive the email or it went into your spam to check and rock for me. Instead of doing these promos I wish Hilton would just stop with the devaluations.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:15 am

Multi year Diamond, but did not score the promo

But given the horrid change in their breakfast benefit, I have already switched most of my stays to Hyatt
Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Nothing for me yet and I definitely get a lot of promotional emails from Hilton (most of them their credit card)
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
NADA for me as well. Diamond with over 45 nights and counting in '21...
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Nothing for this Lifetime Diamond with 20 nights since the end of March with many more planned. No love for 5he loyal ones!
Old Sep 1, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
It’s almost like the CEO had a meeting with the owners and they decided that diamond guests are a high-maintenance liability….

…And then they hatched a plan to reduce the number of elites by fobbing them off onto Marriott/Hyatt/IHG/etc.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum / Hilton Diamond / MGM Gold
From the recipients of the award and those denied show demographics all over the board. Has anyone figured out or know the algorithm that HH used.
for the record. Diamond with over 30 nights and no award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.