Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Thank You Gift

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Thank You Gift

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:22 am

Heard about this and checked email, nothing from Hinton for months, went into my online profile and all emails were unsubscribed. I did not opt out of them. No idea how it was changed.
Concerto and RachelDKT like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:41 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by mathprof
Heard about this and checked email, nothing from Hinton for months, went into my online profile and all emails were unsubscribed. I did not opt out of them. No idea how it was changed.
Yes same here!..... definitely not changed by myself, now re subscribed.....thanks for the heads up.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mathprof
Originally Posted by wizla
Yes same here!..... definitely not changed by myself, now re subscribed.....thanks for the heads up.
A savvy intern must have dreamt up this promo to get Europeans to re-subscribe to Hilton spam...
:D! and wizla like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by lmsalman
Glad to see this posted here, was skeptical about it just being spam or scam.
It looked a bit suspicious to me so I sent it to the diamond desk for them to verify and they said it’s a scam.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:01 am

I’m guessing you need to be subscribed to their marketing emails to receive this?
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:02 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
I received the email yesterday and sent it to the diamond desk asking them to verify it. They said:

As this email states that [more than 6,600 hotels around the world soon.] And I would like to urge that we already more than 16000 plus hotels in world wide. So I would like to say that this email might be spam. or something. Don’t click such type of email.”

That being said, some people on the diamond desk don’t seem to have a clue what’s going on half the time. I’ve had replies from people and questioned whether it’s come from a robot seeing as they answer questions which haven’t even been asked, so I end up giving up.

I can’t find any mention of 160k properties online, only the 6,600 which was in the original email.

Last edited by MrLee; Aug 31, 2021 at 4:08 am
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:15 am
:D!
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Yes, we should all be wary about online safety, but some people seem to be overthinking this.

I opened a new private window and pasted the link there. The top level domain was hilton.com, so I went to it. It didn't ask me for any info but just said the points were in my account.

I then opened the app on my phone and the points had already posted.

Interesting that it was targeted though. Maybe we can work out the criteria? I had 2 stays in 2020 and 11 so far in 2021.
MatJarosz likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Only sent out to US members? No such email to me (although I have stayed at 2 Hilton properties a couple of months ago).
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:28 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Not just for US members, a friend of mine got it too (UK). I haven’t unfortunately.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Got it also as a non-US member (NL) as 3 other NL HH members.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:23 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
None here

Empty here - no email and when I tried the link now published got the “not qualified” response. I’ve had 9 Hilton stays this year - not huge volume but not dark either. I’d be curious what criteria gets divined.

I’m not too upset though -Hilton has been running pretty good promos. It seems we have 3x points until EOY. In the meantime Marriott remains silent so they are no longer my first choice.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Nope, and not eligible. Plenty of stays & spend this year, 10000 points is but a speck.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: VS Flying Club (Gold), BA Exec Club (Silver), Hilton Honors (Diamond)
Same here, Diamond, with 30+ nights in 2021 despite lockdowns and I'm not eligiable. Hilton need to answer this quickly otherwise lots of Diamonds will be very annoyed!
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: HH D
Looks like I'm not targeted (24 nights this year, I think I stopped staying at Hilton when they announced the new housekeeping system and Diamond 'breakfast' credit). But the thought it exists is nice. Like what I said when I checked out this morning at a Courtyard: thanks for offering a grab+go apple and cooled bottle of water. Just the fact that you are offering it for free makes it special to me. To take either one would spoil that thought. I was already greatful because they had upgraded me to a top level Executive floor room, with no status at all and only three nights this year. While I had only reserved the cheapest room. About the same thing happend to me the week before at a Holiday Inn: two nights this year and upgraded to an Excecutive Room with useless stuff like a comb and an emery board. But the greatest view in the building.
:D! likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Nothing for me, 18 nights this year (no business travel)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.