Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

William Sanders Back on FlyerTalk representing Hilton Honors!

Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
This is just an FYI since the last few times I was tagged in a post, I never received the notification. It had to be called out there was no reply or I had to run across it on my own.

If you choose to tag someone, in order for them to get a notification of it, you'll need to type out their entire username instead of using the partial auto-fill that pops up. In this instance, if you type in Hilton Honors Amb and click on it to fill out the rest of the username, I will never be notified. However, if you continue to type Hilton Honors Ambassador IB tells me that I will get one.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...a-tagging.html

Note: Our Hilton Honors Ambassador does post when he heads out of town and won't be accessing FlyerTalk: Hilton Honors Ambassador is Out of Office - Also, since he's not available on weekends, your posts, tags citing Hilton Honors Ambassador or PMs may not be seen.
Print Wikipost

William Sanders Back on FlyerTalk representing Hilton Honors!

Old May 7, 2022, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
How to contact the ambassador about a hotel that is playing games with standard award availability? The ambassador is not accepting private messages via Flyertalk
The Hilton Honors Ambassador is out of town this weekend: Hilton Honors Ambassador is Out of Office

David
Old May 7, 2022, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
How to contact the ambassador about a hotel that is playing games with standard award availability? The ambassador is not accepting private messages via Flyertalk
Use Twitter DMconsistently the most effective method of resolving HH issues, IME.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Was this 2500 per stay promo targeted? Since I have several one-nighters at not very expensive properties it might be better for me, but I can't find it under My Promotions.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 3:13 pm

SOS- Hilton Tulum Room Block Help

Hello,

Need advise on what to do. I have a wedding coming up in Hilton Tulum. As this is a brand new hotel and i booked everything before the hotel even opened, i thought i was getting a killer price for both wedding and room block. I was wrong. I ended up signing a 60 room contract for my guest as i was scared the prices were going to skyrocket and i wanted to guarantee the best price.

Since the hotel is now open and operating, Hilton has been advertising deals, sales and prices that have been consistently lower then my room block price. You can imagine my embarrassment as all of my guest have contacted me about these deals and i have no good answer for them.

To make things worse, Expedia had a Black Friday sale that saved my guests almost $1000 on their total stay! So i had over 15 rooms book that deal and not go through my room block. I don't blame them as this is an insane savings. I understand that Expedia is 3rd party and they can't do anything about those prices but that an extreme price difference!

To make things double worse, The actual Hilton website now has a "group rate" if you book over 10 rooms, you can get a special rate. That special rate is over $110 cheaper than my room block price. They are not willing to price match that rate even though its on their own website.

Now I'm stuck with too many rooms and don't know what to do.

Is there anyway to get me out of this contract?

Thais has been such a distressing time for me and my family.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:21 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by erbrcr
Hello,

Need advise on what to do. I have a wedding coming up in Hilton Tulum. As this is a brand new hotel and i booked everything before the hotel even opened, i thought i was getting a killer price for both wedding and room block. I was wrong. I ended up signing a 60 room contract for my guest as i was scared the prices were going to skyrocket and i wanted to guarantee the best price.

Since the hotel is now open and operating, Hilton has been advertising deals, sales and prices that have been consistently lower then my room block price. You can imagine my embarrassment as all of my guest have contacted me about these deals and i have no good answer for them.

To make things worse, Expedia had a Black Friday sale that saved my guests almost $1000 on their total stay! So i had over 15 rooms book that deal and not go through my room block. I don't blame them as this is an insane savings. I understand that Expedia is 3rd party and they can't do anything about those prices but that an extreme price difference!

To make things double worse, The actual Hilton website now has a "group rate" if you book over 10 rooms, you can get a special rate. That special rate is over $110 cheaper than my room block price. They are not willing to price match that rate even though its on their own website.

Now I'm stuck with too many rooms and don't know what to do.

Is there anyway to get me out of this contract?

Thais has been such a distressing time for me and my family.
My apologies for the stress this has caused. If you have a contract with the hotel, they are going to be the entity that has to agree to amend it. I recommend opening a case with customer service by sending an email to [email protected] so there is documentation.

If you've already opened a case and they denied it already, there is really that I can do for you personally.

Best regards,

William
Old Dec 5, 2022, 7:18 pm

Shout out to William

This past Friday I had 31K points disappear from my account during a glitch with the app (I received the message "bad gateway" and the app stopped working). I contacted the Diamond Desk immediately. They told me the points were for a reservation that night in California (I did not make that reservation). The rep told me that there was no confirmation number and the transaction "looked odd". She opened a case and told me it could be up to 7 business days before I get a reply. I also contacted William in case he could get this matter resolved more quickly.

Cutting to the chase - my points were restored on Monday.

I don't know if this was a speedy Diamond Desk, or William to the rescue, but I appreciate the quick response to my issue.

For all my complaints about the Breakfast Fiasco, I must also give credit where credit is due.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Hi William - wondering if you are back in the office Hilton Honors Ambassador email is not accepting emails. And not sure how to tag someone in a post!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...mbassador.html
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fwfdan
Hi William - wondering if you are back in the office Hilton Honors Ambassador email is not accepting emails. And not sure how to tag someone in a post!

Trying to catch up from being away today, but private messaging is back on now. May be a while before I am able to respond, however.

Best regards,

William
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:17 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
Trying to catch up from being away today, but it is back on now. May be a while before I am able to respond, however.

Best regards,

William

Thanks. That is what I figured.

FWFDAN
Old Jan 13, 2023, 2:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by fwfdan

use @ and then username
fwfdan likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
diamond extension from April 2023- March 2024 should have been requested in 2020 ?

Dear William ,
we are HH member since 1995 . We have 15 + years as HH Diamond and clocked close to 900 stayed nights on our way to HH Diamond for life .
We are getting downgraded at the end of March 2023 because like many others we could not travel during the past year due to covid-regulations.
We inquired last week to HHonoursdesk about our ' once in a lifetime HH Diamond extension ' and how we can request this Diamond extension for 2023 till March 2024 . Today we got as reply to our request from HHonours desk that if we wanted an extension of our HH Diamond for 2023 we should have requested this between Jan.16 and March 24 , 2020 !!!!
Quote : On 17 Jan 2023, at 22:36, Hilton Honors <[email protected]> wrote:
"Hi XXX,Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your status; we would be happy to assist you with your extension.We apologize; for us to extend your status, you would have had to submit your application between January 16, 2020, and March 24, 2020.... "

On the HH website however I found remark that all HH Diamond members who requested an extension in 2020 would be able to request this extension again at a later time because all HH Diamonds got an automatic extension till 2022 which later became 2023 !
We did not request an extension in 2020 nor did we see the need to request anythig in 2021 or 2022 as we got on paper the confirmation we were good till end of March 2023 .

Can you please have a look at the current process of how to proceed in 2023 for a request to get HH Diamond extension till March 2024 , especially as we are travelling to Conrad Seoul for a 3 week stay in June 2023 and would prefer to be there as HH Diamond level guests !

ps : tried to PM you with our HH# and personal info but received this message :
"Hilton Honors Ambassador has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Last edited by kahuna1993; Jan 18, 2023 at 12:16 am
Old Jan 18, 2023, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kahuna1993
Dear William ,
we are HH member since 1995 . We have 15 + years as HH Diamond and clocked close to 900 stayed nights on our way to HH Diamond for life .
We are getting downgraded at the end of March 2023 because like many others we could not travel during the past year due to covid-regulations.
We inquired last week to HHonoursdesk about our ' once in a lifetime HH Diamond extension ' and how we can request this Diamond extension for 2023 till March 2024 . Today we got as reply to our request from HHonours desk that if we wanted an extension of our HH Diamond for 2023 we should have requested this between Jan.16 and March 24 , 2020 !!!!
Quote : On 17 Jan 2023, at 22:36, Hilton Honors <[email protected]> wrote:
"Hi XXX,Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your status; we would be happy to assist you with your extension.We apologize; for us to extend your status, you would have had to submit your application between January 16, 2020, and March 24, 2020.... "

On the HH website however I found remark that all HH Diamond members who requested an extension in 2020 would be able to request this extension again at a later time because all HH Diamonds got an automatic extension till 2022 which later became 2023 !
We did not request an extension in 2020 nor did we see the need to request anythig in 2021 or 2022 as we got on paper the confirmation we were good till end of March 2023 .

Can you please have a look at the current process of how to proceed in 2023 for a request to get HH Diamond extension till March 2024 , especially as we are travelling to Conrad Seoul for a 3 week stay in June 2023 and would prefer to be there as HH Diamond level guests !

ps : tried to PM you with our HH# and personal info but received this message :
"Hilton Honors Ambassador has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
My apologies, but I've been away from the office for the holiday. When that happens, private mail is disabled here and folks are directed to reach out to [email protected] for assistance.

I would suggest sending them your situation and eliminating the middle man (me) because that is who I would be directing your inquiry to. Basically, if they can't fix this for you, no one can.

Best regards,

William
Old Jan 18, 2023, 4:22 pm

Another shout out to William.... My problem with points being deducted three months after a cancelled stay (well lots of changes!) was resolved today.
@Hilton Honors Ambassador THANK YOU!

David
Old Jan 19, 2023, 5:52 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
My apologies, but I've been away from the office for the holiday. When that happens, private mail is disabled here and folks are directed to reach out to [email protected] for assistance.

I would suggest sending them your situation and eliminating the middle man (me) because that is who I would be directing your inquiry to. Basically, if they can't fix this for you, no one can.

Best regards,

William
Thank you William , we will try our luck there hoping to get at least a correct answer .

The original HHonors desk reply that our request for a HH Diamond extension for 2023 / 2024 should have been done between Jan. and March 2020 was certainly not correct !

FYI:
Original Email Case ID: 154444717
ref:_00D41XOXt._5002M1aXb5r:ref
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
Howdy, everyone! William Sanders here. Some of you may remember me as Hilton Honors' Ambassador to FlyerTalk, and Im very glad to be back with all of you. I look forward to meeting new posters on this board and reconnecting with some familiar friends and user ids! Im excited to get to get back to work and continue Hiltons mission of spreading the light and warmth of hospitality right here on FlyerTalk. Tag me at Hilton Honors Ambassador, or feel free to send a private message and Ill do my best to answer your questions or pass them along to the right folks within Hilton Honors.

Best regards,

William

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.