Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

William Sanders Back on FlyerTalk representing Hilton Honors!

Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
This is just an FYI since the last few times I was tagged in a post, I never received the notification. It had to be called out there was no reply or I had to run across it on my own.

“If you choose to tag someone, in order for them to get a notification of it, you'll need to type out their entire username instead of using the partial auto-fill that pops up. In this instance, if you type in Hilton Honors Amb and click on it to fill out the rest of the username, I will never be notified. However, if you continue to type Hilton Honors Ambassador IB tells me that I will get one.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...a-tagging.html

Note: Our Hilton Honors Ambassador does post when he heads out of town and won't be accessing FlyerTalk: Hilton Honors Ambassador is Out of Office - Also, since he's not available on weekends, your posts, tags citing Hilton Honors Ambassador or PMs may not be seen.
Print Wikipost

William Sanders Back on FlyerTalk representing Hilton Honors!

Old Nov 7, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Spa access benefit ?

Hi William.

Can you please advise -

A few years back I’m pretty sure Diamond benefits included free spa access at Hilton hotels with a spa amenity.
I’m hearing reports of folk being charged to enter spas at Hilton’s in the uk.
Can you confirm this for me please.

Many thanks Wizla.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:58 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by wizla
Hi William.

Can you please advise -

A few years back I’m pretty sure Diamond benefits included free spa access at Hilton hotels with a spa amenity.

Many thanks Wizla.
Thanks. I'm making an inquiry on this. When I have an answer, I'll come back and update the thread.

Best regards,

William
SPN Lifer and wizla like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Hi William.

Can you please advise -

Many thanks Wizla.
Since any of this pre-dates my experience with Hilton, I had to seek out someone on the Honors team that might remember something like this. I'm told that at the luxury properties, there was a MyWay option to select between points or a variety of other complimentary options - which included things like a free in-room movie and spa access/discounts. That ended with the advent of these properties being included in the breakfast benefit, which would make it pre-2018.

Other than this, no one has a recollection of there ever having been a published benefit for Diamond members as you describe it, but if you have further evidence, feel free to send the details to me via Private Message here at FlyerTalk and I'll certainly be glad to run it by them again. But, for all intents and purposes, it doesn't exist today.

Best regards,

William
SPN Lifer, wizla and Thysk like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
Since any of this pre-dates my experience with Hilton, I had to seek out someone on the Honors team that might remember something like this. I'm told that at the luxury properties, there was a MyWay option to select between points or a variety of other complimentary options - which included things like a free in-room movie and spa access/discounts. That ended with the advent of these properties being included in the breakfast benefit, which would make it pre-2018.

Other than this, no one has a recollection of there ever having been a published benefit for Diamond members as you describe it, but if you have further evidence, feel free to send the details to me via Private Message here at FlyerTalk and I'll certainly be glad to run it by them again. But, for all intents and purposes, it doesn't exist today.

Best regards,

William
Thanks William, and thanks again for the swift reply.

Regards Wizla
Old Nov 10, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Thanks William, and thanks again for the swift reply.

Regards Wizla
It looks like there was an update to the Ts & Cs back in 2016 that specified what was meant by "fitness centers" vs. "health clubs" etc. I don't think there was ever an intention to allow full spa access, but gym-like facilities should be included for status members, just as they always were.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
It looks like there was an update to the Ts & Cs back in 2016 that specified what was meant by "fitness centers" vs. "health clubs" etc. I don't think there was ever an intention to allow full spa access, but gym-like facilities should be included for status members, just as they always were.
I think you are right, I guess I got my wires crossed……. I could have sworn I saw free spa / health club entry listed in the diamond benefits somewhere but it was a few years back……it’s cool, no worries.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
. . . and some properties gave free spa access to Diamonds but it wasn't a HHonors benefit--very property specific.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life; AEGEAN Gold; HILTON Lifetime Diamond; MARRIOTT Lifetime Platinum; IHG Diamond Amb.
Spa access

The Doubletree Liverpool allowed comp access to Diamond. Since covid access is now restricted and also subject to the Ł15 fee
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by revkev7
The Doubletree Liverpool allowed comp access to Diamond. Since covid access is now restricted and also subject to the Ł15 fee
Yes I remember........ same with Hilton ageas bowl Southampton it’s no longer free apparently.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:19 am

Programs: SAS GOLD, TK GOLD, HH Gold, MB Plat Elite
Howdy, everyone! William Sanders here. Some of you may remember me as Hilton Honors' Ambassador to FlyerTalk, and I’m very glad to be back with all of you. I look forward to meeting new posters on this board and reconnecting with some familiar friends and user id’s! I’m excited to get to get back to work and continue Hilton’s mission of spreading the light and warmth of hospitality right here on FlyerTalk. Tag me at Hilton Honors Ambassador, or feel free to send a private message and I’ll do my best to answer your questions or pass them along to the right folks within Hilton Honors.

Best regards,

William
Hello, William! I was trying to send you a private message, but you have chosen not receive one. How shall I forward you my private question?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:50 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33724447-post10.html
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:03 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by levanos
Hello, William! I was trying to send you a private message, but you have chosen not receive one. How shall I forward you my private question?
Out of Office
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by levanos
My apologies for the inconvenience, but I was out of the office and I turn off the ability to receive Private Messages since there is no one to answer them until I return. That functionality will be turned back on shortly, however.

Best regards,

​​​​​​​William
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
My apologies for the inconvenience, but I was out of the office and I turn off the ability to receive Private Messages since there is no one to answer them until I return. That functionality will be turned back on shortly, however.

Best regards,

William
Either way, welcome back to the chaos that's FlyerTalk!

​​​​​​​David
Old Dec 4, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: Hilton Dia, PC Plat, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, FB Gold, Hertz 5*
Hi William,

PM still do not work, will you enable those or should we use other channels ?

Thanks

Honza

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.