Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Brussels City {BEL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2021, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D

The Hilton website currently says it accepting reservations from September 1, 2021. Some discussion has already been going on in the 'Hotels joining/leaving'-thread previously, but let's start one on its own.

Until recently, the hotel operated under the name of Crowne Plaza Brussels Le Palace. It is located on the Botanical Garden Park next to the Hotel Indigo - which used to be a Hilton in the past decade. As a CP it had its main entrance on the side of the park, I guess it will stay that way. The other entrance is on the side of the Metro Rogier station. The hotel is now under a full renovation, both inside and outside.

The original furniture of Hotel Le Palace, which opened in 1910, was put up for auction last week. Many of the pieces had been specially designed for the hotel by French architect Alban Chambon and celebrities such as Brigitte Bardot, Rita Hayworth, Gina Lollobrigida, the Royal Couple of Monaco, the Duke of Edinburgh and even yours truly may have leaned against some of those items. Because the auction is already over, you can only see what price they made at the auction. So the new DoubleTree will therefore get a completely contemporary new interior.
wizla, hugolover, ulker32 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Anyone stayed here yet perchance?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by ConsultanSea
Anyone stayed here yet perchance?
I have stayed there recently and it was very enjoyable. The hotel is next to where the Hilton Brussels City (now Indigo) used to be. We were upgraded to a deluxe room with park view as a Diamond member. Very nice spacious room in an art deco style with espresso maker, high ceilings and nice design. Staff was really nice too. Location is on the edge of the city center. Breakfast was served in the old restaurant location (this hotel used to be Crowne Plaza) because the restaurant renovations weren't ready yet (they are now). Breakfast was good, there was a large Turkish company staying at the same time and the hotel provided loads of Turkish food items on the buffet for them, we liked this a lot. The hotel also provided 2 drink vouchers for a drink in the cosy bar (we had house wine). There is a also a sauna but we didn't use this, we will next time. After a disappointing stay at the Hilton Brussels Grand Place this is where we will stay next time when in Brussels. Recommended.
Sisosig, Dambus, KRS and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I have stayed there recently and it was very enjoyable. The hotel is next to where the Hilton Brussels City (now Indigo) used to be.
Thanks. How do you contrast it to the demised Hilton Brussels City?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Thanks. How do you contrast it to the demised Hilton Brussels City?
The demised Hilton Brussels City was old and urgently needed a make over but I still liked it (the often cheap rates were attractive for me to keep my Diamond status because I only live 25min away). But the new DoubleTree is very luxurious compared to the old Hilton, they really did a nice job renovating it (this is a historic hotel, actually the first hotel in Brussels that had private bathrooms &#128522. Apart from being in the same block, the contrast with the old Hilton is huge!
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Good to hear thanks. I was stuck in your beautiful country for an extra week 12 years ago this month during the Iceland volcano air shutdown and got to try most of the HH properties at the time .
Delectatio likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Really helpful - thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Had a one night stay here. I wanted to use my Amex UK Hilton cashback offer (Spend £200 get £50 back) so splurged on a "Junior Suite With View" to take me over the credit threshold. I was not upgraded beyond this. There were higher category suites available but the front desk agent seemed reluctant to upgrade when I asked about it. Suppose I could have pushed. Was granted a free 3pm late checkout - I get the feeling they might have gone later but they needed my room. I was given one drink voucher. The room (and indeed whole hotel) was recently refurbished so was pretty much prestine. I understand the definition of Junior Suite but it just seemed like a larger regular room with two chairs plonked in the corner! I had a view over the gardens. It was extremely noisy from the road (constant sirens during the day) and the curtains did very little in way of blocking the light. Glad I had my eyemask!

The bathroom had a walk in shower only. Water pressure was excellent and they were using non-standard toiletries.

Breakfast was served on the 1st floor - apparently it will return to the ground floor restaurant in late July 2022. The space on the 1st floor was very reminiscent of perhaps being a future lounge space as it had a "front desk", buffet area and nice seating. Breakfast quality and range was good but nothing special.

G&T with drinks coupon:

​​​​

Last edited by Schwann; Jul 5, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Old Feb 16, 2024, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
I have a stay coming up next month at this hotel. Any recent experiences? Interested to know what kind of breakfast HH Gold can expect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.