Wiki Posts
Search

Retaining Diamond in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Retaining Diamond in 2022

Having just requalified for diamond for this year, with the help of last year’s rollover nights and the reduced threshold this time, my question is this.

Will nights I earn this year in excess of 30 be offered up as rollover nights in 2022 or will I not benefit from rollover nights until I pass 60 nights?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes. Whatever you stay over 30 nights in 2021 will rollover to 2022.

https://hiltonhonors3.hiltond3.com/rs/even-more/faq/

(as always, only actual nights from 2021 can rollover, so the fact that you rolled over nights from 2020 is irrelevant)
Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:25 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes. Whatever you stay over 30 nights in 2021 will rollover to 2022.

https://hiltonhonors3.hiltond3.com/rs/even-more/faq/

(as always, only actual nights from 2021 can rollover, so the fact that you rolled over nights from 2020 is irrelevant)
Do you have access to US credit cards? If you spend any reasonable amount of time traveling, the Hilton Aspire will pay you to be a Diamond.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Do you have access to US credit cards? If you spend any reasonable amount of time traveling, the Hilton Aspire will pay you to be a Diamond.
And Hilton Honors will take away your free breakfast because there are too many Diamonds from a credit card...
Sisosig and :D! like this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 6:52 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
And Hilton Honors will take away your free breakfast because there are too many Diamonds from a credit card...
Yup lol. These are the rules of the game we play in. If Hilton is going to continue to devalue Diamond, I’d rather get paid to hold Diamond status and put my hotel activity elsewhere. Just stayed at a Bonvoy property in NYC that offered complimentary room service breakfast because the restaurant is closed. I have a few Hyatt stays that I’m looking forward to as well. Hilton will always be my last choice.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:36 am

Hilton need to ditch the Diamond status via the CC imo!

So any night ‘stayed’ over 30 in 2021, ignoring anything that rolled over last year, will rollover into 2022?
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:40 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
People actually try to earn Hilton status from stays?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:41 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Yes.

Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
People actually try to earn Hilton status from stays?
Many need to, it’s US residents only that have access to that Aspire or an equivalent.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:24 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
yes - because we have been BONVOY'ed and need to stay somewhere.....
The _Banking_Scot and cawhite like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Hilton need to ditch the Diamond status via the CC imo!
I was chating to a DoubleTree manager who had a bee in his bonnet about credit-card Diamonds. He saw them as a cost to hotels, but a benefit only to Hilton; whereas stay-based Diamonds create hotel revenue as frequent guests

I sort of got his point, though I have no idea how the Hilton - CC relationship works: I simply basked in the love as a 30+ stays a year guy
pazza2000, Sisosig, :D! and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I was chating to a DoubleTree manager who had a bee in his bonnet about credit-card Diamonds. He saw them as a cost to hotels, but a benefit only to Hilton; whereas stay-based Diamonds create hotel revenue as frequent guests

I sort of got his point, though I have no idea how the Hilton - CC relationship works: I simply basked in the love as a 30+ stays a year guy
Likewise, often renew on Stays, rarely Nights
Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Likewise, often renew on Stays, rarely Nights
Same here, although I need to peddle up this year.....it’s mid June and I’ve only completed one stay so far..... gonna have to have a big mattress run soon!
:D! likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:26 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by wizla
Same here, although I need to peddle up this year.....it’s mid June and I’ve only completed one stay so far..... gonna have to have a big mattress run soon!
You are one stay ahead of me! Likewise I normally qualify for Diamond on stays, but even though they have reduced it to 15 stays for this year, I think it is very unlikely I will get anywhere near that.
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 4:43 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Bizarrely I normally only make Gold and sometimes don't even make that and have to do one of those offers.

But this year I have already made Diamond on nights!

Last edited by cargueiro; Jun 17, 2021 at 5:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.