Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton's new U.S. Hotels Daily Food & Beverage Credit for Elite members thru 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Concerning the new Hilton "credit" benefit instead of free breakfast
The new credit system is fine as-is but the implementation bugs need to get worked out
5.08%
The new credit system is fine, but the monetary amounts need to be increased
7.34%
Go back to the previous free breakfast benefit
25.42%
Offer Gold/Diamond members their choice of either the credit or free breakfast
62.15%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 20, 2021, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
The most commonly posed question about the new food/beverage benefit, which is now extended through the end of 2022, is how it works for multi-night stays. Here's what we do & don't know:
  • The credit does not accumulate over the duration of your stay. For instance, if you stay for 2 nights at a $15/night property, you cannot use the benefit toward a single $30 purchase at one time.
  • Thus, the credit for a given day may only be used on that day. It expires afterward.
  • Unfortunately, Hilton has offered no clear explanation of what qualifies as a "day." (FAQ 24 purports to give an answer, but makes no sense.)
    • Some properties reportedly apply a "calendar day" rule. For a stay arriving Monday and departing Wednesday (two nights, ergo two credits), this means the credit is available only on Monday (first credit) and Tuesday (second credit), with no option for breakfast use on Wednesday.
    • Other properties don't use midnight as the cutoff, but instead allow use of a day's credit until the bar/restaurant closes, even if that occurs early the next calendar day (say, 1am). This interpretation also precludes use for breakfast on the day of departure.
      • Neither of these approaches makes logical sense, given that on a one-night stay the credit may be used either on day of arrival or day of departure, per FAQ 8.
    • A few properties reportedly use the standard checkin or checkout time as the dividing line: guest arriving Monday has until noon or 3pm Tuesday to use the first day's credit (or whatever the checkin/checkout times for that property are).

Official Hilton benefit statement (updated for 2022) with FAQ at end:

Through 2022, we’ll be offering Gold and Diamond members a Daily Food & Beverage Credit at our luxury, full-service, lifestyle and Hilton Garden Inn hotel brands in the U.S. This credit is offered as part of the Hilton Honors MyWay benefits, in place of the prior complimentary continental breakfast.

Starting February 1, 2022, we are also increasing the credit amounts across our full-service and lifestyle brands from $12 to $15 per night, and $15 to $18 per night in select markets.

Traveling with a friend or loved one? You and up to one additional guest registered to the same room will each receive the daily credit. The credit applies to the one guest room in which the Elite member is staying and will be provided for each night of your stay.

You can use the credit towards eligible food and beverage purchases that are charged to your room—any time of day—at designated outlets throughout the property. Refreshing beverages? Check. Appetizer or desert with dinner? Check, check. Breakfast at the restaurant? Sure. Breakfast to go? No problem.

Gold members can choose to receive the Daily Food & Beverage Credit or Bonus Points as part of their Hilton Honors MyWay benefits. Diamond members will receive both the Daily Food & Beverage Credit and 1,000 Bonus Points at all brands listed above except for Hilton Garden Inn, where Diamond members can choose between the credit or 750 Bonus Points. Visit your MyWay profile through your Hilton Honors account online or through the Hilton Honors app to select your preferences before your next stay.

The credit will be applied automatically to your bill for any eligible purchases charged to your room prior to checkout.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What hotels offer the Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit?

The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit is available to Gold and Diamond members at all of Hilton’s luxury, full-service and lifestyle properties as well as all Hilton Garden Inn hotels in the United States, replacing the MyWay complimentary continental breakfast benefit.

The brands include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Signia by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Motto by Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn.

2. When was the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit launched?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit became available to Gold and Diamond members at all of Hilton’s luxury, full-service and lifestyle properties as well as all Hilton Garden Inn hotels in the United States in July 2021.

3. Which members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit?

The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit is provided to all Gold and Diamond members that select the F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit. The credit is provided to the Hilton Honors member and one additional guest registered to the same room for each night of their stay. The credit is per person (up to two people) in one guest room per stay.

Members can check their Hilton Honors status and make changes to their MyWay benefits by logging in to their account online at HiltonHonors.com or Hilton Honors mobile app.

4. What are the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit values for each Brand Category?

Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members that select the complimentary Daily F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit will receive a $10 F&B Credit per night when staying at Hilton Garden Inn, a $15 F&B Credit per night at full-service and lifestyle properties, and a $25 F&B Credit per night at luxury properties.

A $18 F&B Credit per night will be provided at full-service and lifestyle properties located in the cities of Boston, Chicago, District of Columbia, Key West, Key Largo, New York City, San Francisco, the County of Los Angeles and the state of Hawaii.

For reference, please find the full list of participating brands below.
  • Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
  • LXR Hotels & Resorts
  • Conrad Hotels & Resorts
  • Signia by Hilton
  • Hilton Hotels & Resorts
  • Curio Collection by Hilton
  • DoubleTree by Hilton
  • Tapestry Collection by Hilton
  • Canopy by Hilton
  • Motto by Hilton
  • Hilton Garden Inn
5. Does the Daily F&B Credit impact Hilton brands that offer all guests complimentary breakfast?

Guests staying at Hilton’s brands that offer complimentary breakfast to all guests will continue to receive this offering. The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit does not apply to the following brands: Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton.

6. How does the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit work?

Prior to arrival, members will be notified by email or notification through the Hilton Honors app of the complimentary Daily F&B Credit. Members can then log in to their Hilton Honors account online or through the Hilton Honors app to select their preferred MyWay benefit for their next stay – the Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit or Hilton Honors Bonus Points.

Upon hotel check-in, the member’s status will be confirmed, and they will be informed by the front desk staff and/or the Hilton Honors app about the Daily F&B Credit including which on-property outlets are participating. Each day of their stay, the Hilton Honors member will charge their eligible F&B purchases to their room, and the credit will be automatically applied to their total bill for those F&B purchases charged to their room.

7. Will the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit accrue across days?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit is provided to the member (and up to one additional guest registered to the same room) for each night of their stay and does not accrue or rollover from one day to the next if unused.

The daily credit amount may be used in full on the day of check-in or check-out, or on various eligible items throughout these days until the maximum daily amount is reached.

8. How does the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit work for a 1-night stay? Would a member receive two credits (for check-in and check-out day) or one credit?

Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members receive one complimentary Daily F&B Credit for the member and one for the additional guest registered to the same room each night of their stay, consistent with the previous complimentary Continental Breakfast benefit. For a one-night hotel stay, a Hilton Honors member would receive one complimentary Daily F&B Credit; the member may use the credit on the day of arrival or day of departure. The credit may be used in full/entirety on day of check-in or check-out, or on various eligible items each day until the maximum daily amount or total stay maximum is reached.

9. Which F&B outlets can the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit be utilized?

The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit can be utilized at all participating F&B outlets on-property, including the market/grab-and-go and in-room dining/room service, where applicable, plus participating third-party outlets. The Daily F&B Credit cannot be utilized for any non-F&B related spend, such as the room rate, spa or gift shops.

10. Can members use the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on alcoholic beverages?

The Daily F&B Credit may be used to purchase alcoholic beverages, subject to state and local laws.

11. Do members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on day-rate reservations, such as WorkSpaces by Hilton?

Like the previous elite continental breakfast benefit, the Hilton Honors Daily F&B credit will not apply to day-rate reservations.

12. Will members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on rates/packages that include F&B, such as the Breakfast Included rate?

Yes, Diamond or Gold members that select the complimentary Daily F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit will receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B credit on Points eligible rates including specific food & beverage rates or packages.

13. Do members who book with a group such as a meeting or conference receive the Daily F&B Credit?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit benefit is provided to Diamond and Gold members, based on their MyWay selection, on Points eligible rates and reward nights.

14. Can the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit apply to taxes and gratuity?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit can be applied to taxes and gratuity.

15. How do members add/register a guest to the reservation?

When booking the reservation through preferred Hilton channels, such as online at Hilton.com or the Hilton Honors app, members should ensure they indicate the total number of people staying in the room to receive up to two Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit allowances.

16. Does the Hilton Honors member receive an additional Daily F&B Credit for double occupancy?

The complimentary Daily F&B Credit is intended to cover up to two guests, which includes the Hilton Honors member and one additional guest registered to the same room (on one room per stay), per night.

17. Can the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit be utilized across multiple outlets within a day?

The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit can be utilized across multiple outlets within one day. It will be automatically applied against all eligible F&B charges made within that timeframe, up to the total daily credit amount.

18. If members do not have F&B charges, can they apply the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit to the total folio?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit was created to provide guests with more dining-related flexibility, so the credit can only be applied to eligible F&B charges billed to the member’s room.

19. Some members may utilize the hotel restaurants or bar areas for meetings, dinners, etc. without staying at the hotel. Does the Hilton Honors member have to be staying at the hotel to receive the F&B credit?

Hilton Honors members, even if utilizing hotel facilities such as a restaurant or bar area, must be a registered guest of the hotel to receive the complimentary Daily F&B Credit.

20. Do members receive the Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit on redemption/reward stays?

Yes, Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members that select the complimentary Daily F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit will receive the Daily F&B Credit on hotel reward stays, both reservations booked with all Points or Points & Money.

21. Do members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit at all-inclusive properties?

Like the previous elite Continental Breakfast benefit, the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit is not offered at all-inclusive properties.

22. If a member selects Points over the Daily F&B Credit on a reservation with a registered guest, do they receive double Points?

The Hilton Honors Bonus Points selection via MyWay Benefits is a one-time bonus per stay, regardless of the number of guests.

23. Can a guest make a change to their MyWay benefit mid-stay to receive the Daily F&B Credit?

No, Hilton Honors members should make their MyWay benefit selections prior to check-in or during arrival in order to receive the complimentary Daily F&B Credit.

24. When does the credit expire each day?

The credit does not “expire” until the member checks out, however, the daily amount re-sets each day to the maximum daily credit value. Members can use up to the total daily maximum and are responsible for anything beyond that amount.

Since the member gets a new credit each day (for the number of nights of their stay), the only day they can use any leftover credit is the morning of check-out.

25. How will the F&B Credit work between January 1-February 1, 2022?

Stays that take place between January 1-February 1, 2022 will receive the complimentary Daily F&B Credit amounts announced in 2021. The increased credit amounts for Hilton’s lifestyle and full-service brands will go into effect on February 1, 2022 and beyond.

26. How will the complimentary Daily F&B Credit appear on my hotel bill/folio?

The total eligible Daily F&B Credit amount used and billed to the room during a member’s stay will be automatically applied and appear as one line item per day on a member’s hotel bill/folio, deducted from the total stay cost at the end of their stay.

27. How will the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit be handled at hotels with Executive Lounges?

At hotels that have an Executive Lounge that offers complimentary breakfast, Diamond members and Gold members upgraded to Executive Lounge access will not receive the Daily F&B Credit. These hotels will provide the Daily F&B Credit to Gold members not upgraded to Executive Lounge access.

28. Is the Daily F&B Credit now a permanent benefit?

In addition to increasing credit amounts across the lifestyle and full-service brands, Hilton Honors is extending the complimentary Daily Food & Beverage Credit into 2022 and will continue to evaluate this benefit to make the best decisions for our members going forward.
Print Wikipost

Hilton's new U.S. Hotels Daily Food & Beverage Credit for Elite members thru 2021

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
(Emphasis added.)

​​​​​​Say what you mean and mean what you say. ​​​​​​
Hello SPN Lifer (and sorry to everyone for hijacking this thread)

I stumbled across your profile when searching for hotels in Guam and tried to send you a PM, however your inbox is full. My wife and I just moved to Saipan and will be here through 2022. We're just getting acclimated to the island and been trying to expand our social network. I was surprised to see a resident here with such a large FT presence; wasn’t sure if you’d be interested in chatting a bit about life out here if you ever have time. Please feel free to send me a PM if you wish.

Best,
Andrew
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

Other than an annual free weekend night good anywhere in the system, $250 that isn’t too hard to turn into airfare, $250 in additional spend towards room rate and room charges at resorts, for a total of $450 a year. Plus 7% back on any Hilton spend on the card. An Aspire is realistically worth a couple hundred a year over what I pay, without status or PP lounges tossed in.

Make your own determinations of value, but breakfasts are way down on the list for me.
If someone is only diamond through credit card status a poor breakfast choice is a petty complaint seeing no other hotel card will give you a free breakst benefit. And they are getting the benefits of the airline credit, $250 off a hilton stay each year if its a resort property and the free night and airline credit. For someone that is going to be a diamond on stays anyway it's dumb to drop the card since they get all the bonus points on hilton purcahses and the other benefits.

Now for someone staying 60 nights a year I think it's a big deal. If someone has a per diem instead of directly expensing meals the breakfast benefit comes in handy and they can use the savings towards a better lunch or dinner. I've also have had meetings with clients at breakfast at nicer hiltons that give out a decent breakfast like the Palmer House in Chicago and if I'm at a Hyatt I will do it as well since they alway provide a hot breakfast if there is no lounge. If I'm only getting a $15 credit at the restaurant then I'm going to take the client someplace else.

Originally Posted by lsquare
​​​​​​There would be no reason to get AMEX Hilton cards anymore. I mind as well put my Hilton spend if I decide to stay there on my CSR or Citi Prestige. Hilton Diamond would essentially be useless in the US. What's the value with no free breakfast and 4 PM checkout?

I have the luxury of backing up my threat to ditch Hilton. I am a Hyatt Globalist and a Marriott Titanium.
Do you have diamond through your hilton credit card or do you have a lower Hilton credit and the diamond through stay.

If you have the dimoand status through Aspire then you'll be getting a lot of other benefits, especially if you still have to use Hilton once in a while. If it's through stays and a lower Hilton card, then you may be better off using your CSR if you hae an Am Ex platinum and will get gold status that way anyway.

Hopefully the rumors are true that the new marriott credit card will give Platinum status. That may cause people to jump ship and go to Marriott instead and force Hilton to up their breakfast benefit.

Would love to give all my stays to just Hyatt but unfortunately they don't the locations Hilton does.
dmarge18 likes this.

Last edited by Canarsie; May 21, 2021 at 4:38 pm Reason: Consolidated.
Old May 21, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Sterlingguy
Exactly,
For me the difference in booking between Hilton and IHG is the Hilton breakfast. Without that, IHG is generally a much better value. $15 credit doesn't get you a breakfast in any hotel I know of. I'd be ok if the $15 pittance was offered as an OPTION to breakfast. I hope Hilton hears/feels the cancellations/non-bookings and restores breakfast ASAP.
It's funny you mention this. We just left a stay at Ocean City MD, Oceanfront. Generally, I stay with Hilton. The Hilton was too far away from the boardwalk and significantly more money. The Holiday Inn was an amazing property, value, and location. Cheaper than the Hyatt too, as usual. I did the unthinkable, and bought a few things to make breakfast in the room. Under $10 for multiple days. I know all the reasons that's the most terrible thing to do while on a trip. It's actually been a while since I've done this. I get it's not always practical, especially when you don't always have a suite. I would do it again. I didn't overeat, it was cheap, it was nice to eat on the balcony.

"Free" is often a marketing plan we chase to feel like we are getting something. If I would have paid an additional $300+ to get "free" breakfast for this stay, who am I trying to convince I got something free?
wrp96 and Mirendo like this.
Old May 21, 2021, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Do you have diamond through your hilton credit card or do you have a lower Hilton credit and the diamond through stay.

If you have the dimoand status through Aspire then you'll be getting a lot of other benefits, especially if you still have to use Hilton once in a while. If it's through stays and a lower Hilton card, then you may be better off using your CSR if you hae an Am Ex platinum and will get gold status that way anyway.

Hopefully the rumors are true that the new marriott credit card will give Platinum status. That may cause people to jump ship and go to Marriott instead and force Hilton to up their breakfast benefit.

Would love to give all my stays to just Hyatt but unfortunately they don't the locations Hilton does.
I'll type a longer response once I get home later and gave a physical keyboard.

The short answer and I have said it several times in the threads that you and me participated in is that I earned Diamond through stay before getting my Aspire recently.
SPN Lifer and jamesteroh like this.
Old May 21, 2021, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Voldoo
I stumbled across your profile when searching for hotels in Guam and tried to send you a PM, however your inbox is full.
I just got back from the Sabado (farmers) Market at the fishing base, and would be happy to share any insights about breakfast at the Guam Hilton and life on Saipan from 1991 to 2010 and since April 2021. (!)

I am going on a walk with a (former) FlyerTalker at 18:00, Tue., 25 May from the American Memorial Park Visitors Center to the Inos Peace Park. You are welcome to join us, Voldoo . Feel free to contact me by e-mail (address deleted after you "like" this post).

With a full mailbox, I cannot send or receive a PM.
Voldoo likes this.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; May 22, 2021 at 12:09 am
Old May 21, 2021, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
This is not a completely new, out of the blue, concept. The Seattle Airport Hilton for years has had a policy of applying the partial credit for breakfast towards dinner at the bar/restaurant instead if the guest prefers.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
This is not a completely new, out of the blue, concept. The Seattle Airport Hilton for years has had a policy of applying the partial credit for breakfast towards dinner at the bar/restaurant instead if the guest prefers.
I remember that at the SEA Hilton, I had an early morning flight once and overnighted there and it was nice being able to use it at the restaurant that night and eat breakfast at the Skyclub and I don't think the restaurant opened early enough that I could have eaten breakfast before my flight anyway. The Parc 55 and SF Hilton used to allow you to use the voucher for a credit at the bar in place of breakfast.

I don't hae a problem getting a voucher to use at another time, and in fact would rather have that, providing they still offer you a regular breakfast if you want it
Old May 21, 2021, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
I have stayed in few Hilton and Bonvoy properties during the pandemic and the breakfast benefits were minimal garb-and-go with exception of two Westins which offered full breakfasts in the restaurants. In Hiltons it was always minimal grab-and-go. It looks like the "benefit" will be offered only through the end of the 2021. Perhaps, this is an attempt to achieve at least some minimal consistency? Meanwhile, I am mostly staying with Hyatt which typically beats Hilton and Bonvoy in terms of breakfast offerings.
Old May 22, 2021, 1:03 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Did I miss what is going to happen after the end of 2021?
Old May 22, 2021, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Did I miss what is going to happen after the end of 2021?
No. Hilton has only stated that this policy will be in effect through the end of the year. Which doesn't mean squat in reality. Perhaps this is being done because a lot of their hotel restaurants will not be going back to normal operations for a while even though restrictions are easing up. And one of those factors is that business travel (and which drives a lot of the F&B revenue) is going to take a while to rebound. However, they should have done this several months ago, if these are the reasons why they are doing this in the first place, given that breakfast offerings have been minimal for over a year now.
Points Scrounger and lsquare like this.
Old May 22, 2021, 8:37 am

Would you get a credit for every day you are there (ie day you arrive and day you leave)? Or is this going to be a credit per night?
Old May 22, 2021, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

Other than an annual free weekend night good anywhere in the system, $250 that isn’t too hard to turn into airfare, $250 in additional spend towards room rate and room charges at resorts, for a total of $450 a year. Plus 7% back on any Hilton spend on the card. An Aspire is realistically worth a couple hundred a year over what I pay, without status or PP lounges tossed in.

Make your own determinations of value, but breakfasts are way down on the list for me.

Agree with everything you said. I have 2 Aspires and get more value than the annual fees.

One of the resorts that I stayed at would always provide Diamond members with a breakfast voucher for $17.95 that was enough to pay for the hot buffet or order a reasonable amount from the menu ala carte. However, the had an executive lounge and would offer a voucher for one free drink or appetizer at their restaurant, during the weekend when the lounge was closed.

Provided they switch solely to a $15 voucher, it would be a slight devaluation, but nothing I'm going to fret about. I am staying at the end of June/early July, so I'll wait to see what happens.
Old May 22, 2021, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
Would you get a credit for every day you are there (ie day you arrive and day you leave)? Or is this going to be a credit per night?
I'm sure it will be like the free breakfast, it's per night. So if you arrive friday and leave Sunday you'll get a credit for saturday and Sunday.
Old May 22, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
As with much in this industry, the hiding a devaluation as a "benefit" and getting a marketing outlet like TPG to promote it is really bad conduct by Hilton.

When I first read the email, I thought there would be a choice of breakfast *or* a credit, but a credit of what appears to be max $20 is an insult to elite customers.
AT this point, few hotels that have any F&B don't have breakfast. The credit won't cover breakfast at most if any properties. On principle, rather than paying an extra $5 plus tip out of pocket for a continental breakfast, I'll spend $10 at Starbucks.
(If you're staying at a resort where a full breakfast costs only $17.95, maybe this calculus is different, but I think a hot breakfast at most Hilton Garden Inns cost that much.)

This essentially is equivalent to IHG's drink voucher.
It's also outrageous to give no notice, after Hilton elites made reservations based on the terms of the program that provided them breakfast. There were breakfast inclusive rates I would have booked for upcoming stays had I known Hilton was pulling this nonsense.

If this was just about limited offerings, they could have said "In hotels that are not offering full breakfast" or given customers an option. This is a revenue grab, and accompanied by deceptive marketing content by TPG fawning over Hilton. I have canceled at least 1 upcoming stay because of this and am looking at options for two others.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.

Last edited by Adam1222; May 22, 2021 at 1:44 pm
Old May 22, 2021, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think this is a really stupid move on Hilton's part with their business travellers seeing business travel is picking up now.

Instead of screwing their business customers over with this cutback they should be offering a hot breakfast like Hyatt does.

I'm thinking of giving Marriott my business stays for the rest of the year if I can get a fast track to Platinum. Hopefully the rumors of the new credit card offering Platinum are true.

There are marriotts in the cities I travel to for business that don't have Hyatt's and who knows if Hilton will make this cut permanent. I don't want to risk giving up status at Marriott if this change continues next year on my business stays and with Hilton outside of that stays for my lifetime status, nights don't mean anything anything thanks to their credit card. Even if I don't get lifetime diamond they pay you to be diamond anyway.
SPN Lifer, Adam1222 and lsquare like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.