Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton or Hyatt for 4 people in Asia?

Old May 7, 21, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

My family and I are thinking of going on a trip to Asia in 2022. I'm currently a Hyatt Globalist and Hilton Diamond. We haven't decided on a city yet, but it'll probably be either Singapore, Hong Kong, or Shanghai. I think Marriott limits free breakfast from my Titanium status to 2 people. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not familiar with Hilton and Hyatt's rules. In terms of breakfast for 4 people and points accrual, am I better off with Hilton or Hyatt?
Old May 7, 21, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
My family and I are thinking of going on a trip to Asia in 2022. I'm currently a Hyatt Globalist and Hilton Diamond. We haven't decided on a city yet, but it'll probably be either Singapore, Hong Kong, or Shanghai. I think Marriott limits free breakfast from my Titanium status to 2 people. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not familiar with Hilton and Hyatt's rules. In terms of breakfast for 4 people and points accrual, am I better off with Hilton or Hyatt?
If itís in two rooms, Iíve had good luck with both programs. I think they only have to give it for one room, but top status helps a lot.

Iíd probably read recent property reviews, as some hotels might be stingier.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 7, 21, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
If itís in two rooms, Iíve had good luck with both programs. I think they only have to give it for one room, but top status helps a lot.

Iíd probably read recent property reviews, as some hotels might be stingier.
I forgot to mention it'll be two rooms. Me and gf plus parents.
Old May 7, 21, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
If you are spending Hyatt points, you can book a Guest of Honor and guarantee breakfast and other benefits for your parents' room.

Otherwise you need to do a bit of research to find the stingy hotels, but you could probably manage to get BF for both rooms when both are in your name. Marriott as well FWIW. None of the chains guarantee benefits beyond the member and one guest.

With both Hilton and Hyatt you can earn all of the points from two paid rooms in your name.
Old May 7, 21, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
If you are spending Hyatt points, you can book a Guest of Honor and guarantee breakfast and other benefits for your parents' room.

Otherwise you need to do a bit of research to find the stingy hotels, but you could probably manage to get BF for both rooms when both are in your name. Marriott as well FWIW. None of the chains guarantee benefits beyond the member and one guest.

With both Hilton and Hyatt you can earn all of the points from two paid rooms in your name.
Is this possible with Marriott as well?

I intend to pay cash and I intend to put my name on both rooms. Maybe I'll have to give them a call to ask. In terms of points accrual, which brand would I be better off with?
Old May 7, 21, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Is this possible with Marriott as well?
Yes. unless you are #bonvoyed

https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22685

In terms of points accrual, which brand would I be better off with?
I think Hyatt is most valuable, then Marriott, then Hilton. But you get the highest elite bonus in reverse order: Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt. So it depends...
lsquare likes this.
Old May 7, 21, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Yes. unless you are #bonvoyed

https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22685

I think Hyatt is most valuable, then Marriott, then Hilton. But you get the highest elite bonus in reverse order: Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt. So it depends...
Man, that's tough. For this scenario, I want to use either Hilton or Hyatt.
Old May 7, 21, 8:58 am

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
For Shanghai, I highly recommend you consider Marriott. For Hong Kong, Marriott's options are a bit overpriced imo and Hilton really only has the Conrad (and the Garden Inn, guessing it's not a contender for your vacation). The Hyatt Regency in Sha Tin seems nice and I have a friend's family that just completed an enjoyable staycation there.

I have had success getting free breakfast for a second room in a Beijing JW Marriott but the manager had to personally allow it.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 7, 21, 8:09 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Keep in mind that you can book the 2nd room (or both) via Hyatt Prive to get guaranteed breakfast for your parents, plus an upgrade, generally a $100 ancillary credit, and welcome amenity.
Old May 7, 21, 8:26 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hp12c View Post
Keep in mind that you can book the 2nd room (or both) via Hyatt Prive to get guaranteed breakfast for your parents, plus an upgrade, generally a $100 ancillary credit, and welcome amenity.
You can also do this with Marriott Stars/Luminous and Hilton Impresario
Old May 7, 21, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hp12c View Post
I'm so glad that you responded in this thread! I totally forgot about Prive. So book both standard rooms with Hyatt Prive and at a minimum, the second room will get the Prive benefits? Maybe as a bonus, they'll get my Globalist status? In this case, what good will my club access award be? I've never used them before and it's not necessary for me since I am a Globalist.
Old May 7, 21, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WasKnown View Post
You can also do this with Marriott Stars/Luminous and Hilton Impresario
Never used those two programs before. I've actually used Hyatt Prive through one of the TAs here once in Hong Kong. What is Hilton Impresario like? Can I leverage the benefits of that program with my Diamond status for my parents staying in the second room?

Thanks!
Old May 7, 21, 11:02 pm

Programs: AC 25K, BA Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Never used those two programs before. I've actually used Hyatt Prive through one of the TAs here once in Hong Kong. What is Hilton Impresario like? Can I leverage the benefits of that program with my Diamond status for my parents staying in the second room?

Thanks!
Impresario is more or less equivalent in benefits to the other partner programs, like Prive, Virtuoso, STARS. I'm not sure if this is standard across all properties but it often includes double points which is nice, and it has the $100 amenity, breakfast, etc, that you'd expect from all the other programs.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 7, 21, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nexusCFX View Post
Impresario is more or less equivalent in benefits to the other partner programs, like Prive, Virtuoso, STARS. I'm not sure if this is standard across all properties but it often includes double points which is nice, and it has the $100 amenity, breakfast, etc, that you'd expect from all the other programs.
It's too bad that Hilton isn't participating. Impresario seems to be for WA, Conrad, and LXR properties.
Old May 7, 21, 11:07 pm

Programs: AC 25K, BA Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
It's too bad that Hilton isn't participating. Impresario seems to be for WA, Conrad, and LXR properties.
Yes unfortunately Hilton doesn't have something akin to Luminous for the properties that aren't considered "luxury" level.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: