Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton or Hyatt for 4 people in Asia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton or Hyatt for 4 people in Asia?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2021, 5:59 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Thank you for taking the time to create this post. I think you and me think alike. Your post was very persuasive.

I spent the past five months split between a Hyatt and Marriott. I checked out recently and taking advantage of the Hilton promos now. The promos over the past 6-7 months between Hilton, Hyatt, and Marriott have been very good. I think I did my best to take advantage of them including optimizing the number of nights and using the right credit card to pay for the stay. I hate leaving money and points on the table!
I am glad you found it helpful! I will point out that while I believe Hilton offers a much higher rebate, I have selected Marriott for a fairly expensive 8 month stay. I did this because a) Marriott offered me the best rate b) I have a concrete goal for the points I am earning (10 nights at St Regis Maldives, 5 nights at Le Meridien Maldives, and 5 nights at Prince de Galles in Paris). Do you have redemptions in mind for your points? I think focusing on an end goal will be much more efficient than speculatively earning points.

In terms of location, Hyatt and Marriott have many great options in HK! Shanghai is a strong city for Marriott (they have 60+ hotels there). For Singapore, I find Hilton’s hotels to have the best value. I also suggest considering Bangkok for your travels. I love the city (more than SG frankly) and nice hotels there are basically a commodity. If you narrow down price range and vacation activity preference, I am happy to make some suggestions for each city.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by WasKnown
I am glad you found it helpful! I will point out that while I believe Hilton offers a much higher rebate, I have selected Marriott for a fairly expensive 8 month stay. I did this because a) Marriott offered me the best rate b) I have a concrete goal for the points I am earning (10 nights at St Regis Maldives, 5 nights at Le Meridien Maldives, and 5 nights at Prince de Galles in Paris). Do you have redemptions in mind for your points? I think focusing on an end goal will be much more efficient than speculatively earning points.
No, I haven’t given much thoughts to an aspirational redemption yet. I know I should. I’m just accruing points at the moment even though I should be burning them. I find booking cash rates to be easier and less frustrating than doing an award redemption.

In terms of location, Hyatt and Marriott have many great options in HK! Shanghai is a strong city for Marriott (they have 60+ hotels there). For Singapore, I find Hilton’s hotels to have the best value. I also suggest considering Bangkok for your travels. I love the city (more than SG frankly) and nice hotels there are basically a commodity. If you narrow down price range and vacation activity preference, I am happy to make some suggestions for each city.
I totally agree with you that Bangkok is a nice city. Nothing wrong with it. I’ve been there a few times before. With all of this info in mind, I’m praying Asia will start opening up.
Old May 11, 2021, 5:54 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
I've found hotels in Asia to be VERY lenient when it comes to elite guests.

Eg: I have had no problem guesting 2, 3, 4, 5 or more people into the lounges at:

- Grand Hyatt BGC Manilla
- Hilton Kuala Lumpar
- Hilton Kuching
- Le Meridian Jakarta

It's been a while since I was in Shanghai, but in Singpore from your preferred programs it is VERY hard to beat the Conrad.

From there you're only a 2hr flight from Saigon and the Park Hyatt in that city is outstanding.

Singapore and HK are somewhat stricter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.