Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

ROKU KYOTO, LXR Hotels & Resorts {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2022, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexusCFX
Diamond Benefits:
  • Complimentary breakfast.
  • Priority free upgrade.
    • As per reservations via email "Room upgrade is up to Premier Deluxe Room based on Diamond member benefit at ROKU KYOTO."
  • You get Experience Credit 10,000JPY for the first night and 5,000JPY per each nights after second night.
Print Wikipost

ROKU KYOTO, LXR Hotels & Resorts {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
So, if you combine the Experience Credit with the annual $250 resort credit you get with the Aspire Card, that gives you about $400.00 (or about 60,000 yen) when you factor in the exchange rate to use at the hotel. That's pretty awesome.
5000 Yen seems less generous than a champagne and canapé happy hour - especially if two people are in a room - but certainly more flexible. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I’ll be there for four nights in November and will report back.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:47 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 54austin
5000 Yen seems less generous than a champagne and canapé happy hour - especially if two people are in a room - but certainly more flexible. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I’ll be there for four nights in November and will report back.
As nexusCFX stated, it's 10K for the first night and 5K for each subsequent night, so if you stay just two nights, it's 7,500 yen/night (close to what it costs to buy 2 bottles of Pommery in Japan at retail price). Although I like champagne, this provides more flexibility to try other things at the hotel. Based on the list of things you could use the credit on, it looks like ROKU was probably not having much luck getting customers to spend money on the various hotel services it offers, so this may be a solution to address that. If you were to stack the various credits mentioned in the above post, you'd even have enough to pay for the Chef's Table for two, which I believe costs about 34,000 yen/person.
Tilto007 likes this.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Sep 26, 2022 at 2:02 am
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:59 am

As nexusCFX stated, it's 10K for the first night and 5K for each subsequent night, so if you stay just two nights, it's 7,500 yen/night (close to what it costs to buy 2 bottles of Pommery in Japan at retail price). Although I like champagne, this provides more flexibility to try other things at the hotel. Based on the list of things you could use the credit on, it looks like ROKU was probably not having much luck getting customers to spend money on the various hotel services it offers, so this may be a solution to address that. If you were to stack the various credits mentioned in the above post, you'd even have enough to pay for the Chef's Table for two, which I believe costs about 34,000/person.
true, and one is not beholden to a specific window of time.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
As nexusCFX stated, it's 10K for the first night and 5K for each subsequent night, so if you stay just two nights, it's 7,500 yen/night (close to what it costs to buy 2 bottles of Pommery in Japan at retail price). Although I like champagne, this provides more flexibility to try other things at the hotel. Based on the list of things you could use the credit on, it looks like ROKU was probably not having much luck getting customers to spend money on the various hotel services it offers, so this may be a solution to address that. If you were to stack the various credits mentioned in the above post, you'd even have enough to pay for the Chef's Table for two, which I believe costs about 34,000/person.
true, and one is not beholden to a specific window of time.
This is all true. I don't really drink and am normally solo traveling so it's a big win for me, but I get that if you do, you can blow past 5000 yen pretty easily with two people going to happy hour, and that the per-night credit amount approaches 5000 as the length of the stay increases.

I think the generous thing is that it's usable as one big credit so you can use it toward dinners or spa treatments, etc, on your own time, and don't have to try and use up a fixed credit per day like how some F&B elite benefits work.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios
We will be there from Nov 20-23 so I will also report my experience.Hoping to find some nice fall leaves to view.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Hey folks. I am in contact with this property for an upcoming stay. Got some interesting info. The Tea House happy hour for Diamond members is gone. They now have a Diamond "Experience credit". Attaching that info here.

The explanation of how much credit you get is not written very clearly in the text above which is from the PDF they sent me. Here's how the agent described it via email:

I have confirmed with the hotel that it's 10K for first night, 5K for each subsequent night, and that it carries over and so for example on a 4 night stay you just get 25,000 JPY to play with. In their words:

Here is what it can be used on:
l

Just noticed this doesn’t note any dining discount, which upthread someone said was 25% for Diamonds. If that has been replaced by the daily credit - and along with the loss of the happy hour - these new Diamond benefits are watered down quite a bit.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Posting the new "Experience Credit" PDF here to anyone interested.
By the way, has anyone tried the Chef's Menu (35,420 JPY, wine pairing included) dinner set course before? Wondering if it is worth it over the regular "Roku" (15,180 JPY) dinner set menu. We have $500 resort credits from Aspire to burn over an one night stay in Nov plus stacking the new 10,000 JPY experience credit, likely will end up booking couple sessions of their SPA services.

About the Kintsugi experience, here is the information I got from the concierge: "The Kintsugi work shop will prepare broken ceramics and make them ready for you to mend the breakage area with lacquer and gold. The fee of the program is 20,000 JPY per person. Duration is approximately 90 min to 120 min (maximum). The venue will be close from the hotel and will take about 10 minutes by car. Regarding the experience schedule, we will check the availability with the teacher so if you have any other plan, kindly let us know in advance so that we are able to adjust with your schedule."

Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:51 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
l

Just noticed this doesn’t note any dining discount, which upthread someone said was 25% for Diamonds. If that has been replaced by the daily credit - and along with the loss of the happy hour - these new Diamond benefits are watered down quite a bit.
On the ROKU Kyoto website under Offers, there are some additional discounts posted including this one that offers a 25% discount (there does not appear to be any code attached to the discount but you may have to book directly with Hilton to get it) on dining at Tenjin (Chef's Table is located within Tenjin, so the discount may apply there as well), which you may be able to stack with the Experience Credit, the FHR property credit, and the $250 Aspire Card resort credit for about $450 (or about 65,000 yen) in credits on just a 2-night stay (though most people would probably want to stay longer), and an additional 5,000 yen per night for additional nights stayed. Plus, the 25% discount on dining makes the credit even more meaningful and would even cover the cost of the Chef's Table.
  • Luxurious accommodation
  • 25% savings on Restaurant Tenjin
  • Daily breakfast for 2 adults
  • Premium Wi-Fi
  • Free early check-in, and late check-out where available
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/itm...-kyoto/offers/

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Sep 28, 2022 at 1:55 am
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Just booked 8 night trip into ITM out of KIX for summer
Thinking first night at the Conrad - land at 5:45 pm - J seats but obviously will be tired
On to Kyoto the next afternoon
Choice 1 - 2 nights at the new HGI - 140k for 2 nights then 5 nights at the Roku - 440k (5th night free) = 580k
Choice 2 - 5 nights at HGI - 280k then 2 nights here - 220k = 500k
My wife likes luxury so says option 1 no question
I assume we can do our day trips (- normal tourist stuff Nara, ect) from either location?

Suggestions?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kmandrew
Just booked 8 night trip into ITM out of KIX for summer
Thinking first night at the Conrad - land at 5:45 pm - J seats but obviously will be tired
On to Kyoto the next afternoon
Choice 1 - 2 nights at the new HGI - 140k for 2 nights then 5 nights at the Roku - 440k (5th night free) = 580k
Choice 2 - 5 nights at HGI - 280k then 2 nights here - 220k = 500k
My wife likes luxury so says option 1 no question
I assume we can do our day trips (- normal tourist stuff Nara, ect) from either location?

Suggestions?
If you have never been to Kyoto before, and want to cover a good amount of sights, option 2. Just a so much more accessible location, also for dinners.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you have never been to Kyoto before, and want to cover a good amount of sights, option 2. Just a so much more accessible location, also for dinners.
Thanks, that’s my thought
After five days of enjoying Kyoto the Roku would be our reward at the end.
I would bet we won’t even leave the property - I assume the $250 AX credit will disappear pretty fast at dinner?
I do have just enough points for 5 nights at the Hyatt Place, thoughts on the HGI vs Hyatt Place?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kmandrew
Thanks, that’s my thought
After five days of enjoying Kyoto the Roku would be our reward at the end.
I would bet we won’t even leave the property - I assume the $250 AX credit will disappear pretty fast at dinner?
I do have just enough points for 5 nights at the Hyatt Place, thoughts on the HGI vs Hyatt Place?
I'd say the HGI has a slight upper hand in location by being a tad more central. But nothing major. I have not stayed at either, HGI is not open yet and Hyatt House just not gotten around to yet.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone have recommendations for a transfer to KIX? It looks like a taxi could run around 30k yen and presumably no airport bus goes to the property (just Kyoto station?).
Old Nov 7, 2022, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frudd38
Anyone have recommendations for a transfer to KIX? It looks like a taxi could run around 30k yen and presumably no airport bus goes to the property (just Kyoto station?).
​​​​​​
Taxi to Kyoto Station and the Haruka airport express train to KIX.
frudd38 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
Taxi to Kyoto Station and the Haruka airport express train to KIX.
Thank you. Does the Haruka airport express need to be booked ahead of time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.