Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Resorts World Las Vegas Opens June 24!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Resorts World Las Vegas Opens June 24!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2021, 10:44 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by libuser
for the diamonds please don't forget being walked to Conrad, its official HH policy to get paid $200 in cash, and be given the first night free. Don't give up without a fight. If the hotel is playing games(which I can definitely see them do), just contact the diamond desk, they will open a case and will take care of this).
I would agree with this when rooms are oversold.Not certain how it all plays out when a hotel doesn’t open on time
Old Jun 30, 2021, 10:45 pm

100% disagree. That is the definition of walk, regardless of when the hotel opens. If you have a confirmed reservation that means that the hotel was supposed to be open. There is no new hotel clause anywhere that I have heard of.
49penguins and ajf87 like this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 10:49 pm

100% disagree. That is the definition of walk, regardless of when the hotel opens. If you have a confirmed reservation that means that the hotel was supposed to be open. There is no new hotel clause anywhere that I have heard of.
I never disagreed with your thought process though I believe Hilton might try & spin it in another direction than a walk based on unique circumstances
hsumh316 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I never disagreed with your thought process though I believe Hilton might try & spin it in another direction than a walk based on unique circumstances
then you gotta huca. We all know some folks on the other end of the line just want to get back to watching their videos on youtube. Someone that gives a **** will open a case and will help out.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:44 am

I have a few questions that I would appreciate if anyone could provide some ideas/discussion!

With the new change to the Daily Food & Beverage Credit for Hilton Honor's Diamond members, the revised credit will be $25 per day per guest (up to a maximum of 2 guests) for this resort as it falls under the LXR portfolio, correct? From what I read on the Hilton site, this can be used for any food/drink at ANY time during your stay, not just limited to breakfast.

With that being said, has anyone had any experience using their annual Amex Aspire $250 resort credit towards their stay here? Any issues with charging food, spa experiences, or even shopping from the hotel to their room and getting it reimbursed by the credit card benefit? I'm interested especially with the fact that this combines 3 properties (Hilton, Conrad, & Crockfords) into one so not sure if there was any hiccups in how it gets coded. (my assumption though would be if you can charge it to your room, resort credit consumption should be no issue since this falls under a hilton.com/resorts location).

Thanks very much in advance for the insight!
Old Jul 1, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rawsushiii
I have a few questions that I would appreciate if anyone could provide some ideas/discussion!

With the new change to the Daily Food & Beverage Credit for Hilton Honor's Diamond members, the revised credit will be $25 per day per guest (up to a maximum of 2 guests) for this resort as it falls under the LXR portfolio, correct? From what I read on the Hilton site, this can be used for any food/drink at ANY time during your stay, not just limited to breakfast.

With that being said, has anyone had any experience using their annual Amex Aspire $250 resort credit towards their stay here? Any issues with charging food, spa experiences, or even shopping from the hotel to their room and getting it reimbursed by the credit card benefit? I'm interested especially with the fact that this combines 3 properties (Hilton, Conrad, & Crockfords) into one so not sure if there was any hiccups in how it gets coded. (my assumption though would be if you can charge it to your room, resort credit consumption should be no issue since this falls under a hilton.com/resorts location).

Thanks very much in advance for the insight!
I don't see any issue as long as it shows up as a room charge. I'm more curious how the Amex special offer (spend $500, get $100 statement credit at Conrad/WA) for the Aspire works. I'm using free night certificates and activated the double/triple points promotion so I'm hoping I get the $100 credit after room charges on top of 3x points, even though it's an award stay. 54x Hilton points plus $100 back is a solid deal. I'm hoping more of the venues are opened up for this weekend.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm also interested in using the Aspire $250 resort credit (or the balance I have left) for a dinner, so will be watching to see if all (or if not all, which) restaurants can be charged to your room. Staying on a FNC so don't need it towards a room rate.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 5:28 pm

Wait times for the Diamond desk are currently running at 30-60 minutes. If the agents have been told that the situation at Crockfords is not a walk, they will not report it as one. And, if the hotel just refuses to pay up, you are likely out of luck. Since the start of the pandemic Hilton has told their agents to no longer pay compensation on behalf of hotels.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
Wait times for the Diamond desk are currently running at 30-60 minutes. If the agents have been told that the situation at Crockfords is not a walk, they will not report it as one. And, if the hotel just refuses to pay up, you are likely out of luck. Since the start of the pandemic Hilton has told their agents to no longer pay compensation on behalf of hotels.
Seems like a lot of gray area here
I suspected that the Hilton folks might take the low road in this kind of a situation
My question would be what is the definition of a walk when you are walked to another property in something you didn't book and they don't open as promised?
Or is it based on only overselling rooms and walked to another property you didn't book?
To Hilton's credit they get a high score over the decades standing behind guest/brand satisfaction and one of the reasons I still stay with them
Despite no guarantees of late check outs and now more than ever a stingy non existent breakfast at some properties now replaced with enough dollar credit for a coffee and a donut

I was offered some bonus points during Covid when the Hilton I stayed in had little to no air conditioning, was a dirty room
with long strands of dark hair in the sink,torn sheets, clogged air filters, a broken safe and a non working refrigerator
also no breakfast as a Diamond unless you count breakfast as black overripe banana and a shrink wrapped old muffin in a paper sack

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 2, 2021 at 9:11 am
Old Jul 1, 2021, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
It seems to be the case that it isn’t a walk with how things have shaped out. I haven’t really gotten a response on being moved and only gotten offers for future stays.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by hsumh316
It seems to be the case that it isn’t a walk with how things have shaped out. I haven’t really gotten a response on being moved and only gotten offers for future stays.
Did they offer a refund in the difference of the price or points ?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Did they offer a refund in the difference of the price or points ?
No offers on my past stay. Mostly offers on future stays.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by hsumh316
No offers on my past stay. Mostly offers on future stays.
Unacceptable IMO even with no goodwill gesture you totally deserve the difference in cost or the points
I would escalate
Spoke to the Diamond line tonight and the agent assured me the difference would be adjusted in such circumstances
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:02 am

multiple reports that impresario $50 credit stacks with $50 HH bennie. So that's $200 in credit for 1 night stays. There is also a report on someone that got cash for being walked from LXR to Conrad so there is that. It all depends on how persistent one is. For $200 I would escalate to the CEO if it needs be!
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:09 am

multiple reports that impresario $50 credit stacks with $50 HH bennie. So that's $200 in credit for 1 night stays. There is also a report on someone that got cash for being walked from LXR to Conrad so there is that. It all depends on how persistent one is. For $200 I would escalate to the CEO if it needs be!
I've seen a report as well by a guest whose change from Crockfords to Conrad was treated as a walk after the individual escalated the issue (didn't include a ton of specifics).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.