Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is this rare or fairly common? (Found 10k Points Redemption in U.S.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

I’ve searched around Hilton for years within the US and have never found a property at or below 10k points. Even at the height of the pandemic the best I ever found in the US was 13k points at a Hampton Inn.

Found this redemption and thought it was an amazing deal. Obviously the property isn’t a luxury property but for 10k nightly and likely some type of Diamond Benefits it seems pretty good.

Is finding this redemption within the US fairly rare or am I just inexperienced? Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2021, 4:46 am

You can use the Hilton Points Explorer tool to see for yourself: https://pointsexplorer.hiltonhonors.com/

Putting in a maximum of 10k points and searching the USA as the location yields 14 properties total, so yes this is rare.

It is also interesting because this tool shows the minimum points in the result, but also lists the maximum, so you can see the huge swing in some seasonal properties, e.g. beach hotels that vary between 15k-50k.
SanDiego1K, Grog, DC9 and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
You can use the Hilton Points Explorer tool to see for yourself: https://pointsexplorer.hiltonhonors.com/

Putting in a maximum of 10k points and searching the USA as the location yields 14 properties total, so yes this is rare.

It is also interesting because this tool shows the minimum points in the result, but also lists the maximum, so you can see the huge swing in some seasonal properties, e.g. beach hotels that vary between 15k-50k.
Wow, I never knew about this tool, Thanks!

It is interesting to see the swing in dynamic pricing.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer

It is a great tool, but it's important to also realize that quite a few of the entries don't reflect any minimum or maximum (instead, they simply show "Check availability to find lowest price") so quite a few of the bargains (as well as some serious point gougers) go unnoticed when using the explorer.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Grog
It is a great tool, but it's important to also realize that quite a few of the entries don't reflect any minimum or maximum (instead, they simply show "Check availability to find lowest price") so quite a few of the bargains (as well as some serious point gougers) go unnoticed when using the explorer.
Yes, it is less than perfect, but for searching a broad swath (e.g. a whole country) it is a good starting point.
Grog likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Talking about rarity, I came across a hotel in nyc area this morning, where a premium reward room was 5000 points cheaper than standard reward room !
Old Apr 17, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Five years ago when I got a Hilton AMEX and really started concentrating my stays I could find a 10,000 point per night room around just about any medium to large city. Blew through most of my SUB on weekend trips to Chicago. Now I can't find anything lower than 20k. I'll have to remember that property if I ever go to Tulsa.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
Cool tool!

And one that showed up in the U.S. reminded me I've stayed there... Canton MS. Area is nothing to write home about, but I needed a cheap hotel, it was close (enough) to where I needed to be, and held up to the H.I. standards.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 3:37 pm

I've done Lordsburg, NM, the very definition of a town that's not a destination, just a way to get there. Hotel is nice enough, but all it has going for it is I-10 is a long road and you gotta stop somewhere, so it might as well be there.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by muzthe42nd
I've done Lordsburg, NM, the very definition of a town that's not a destination, just a way to get there. Hotel is nice enough, but all it has going for it is I-10 is a long road and you gotta stop somewhere, so it might as well be there.
Deming, New Mexico, 60 miles to the east along Interstate 10, is a town a little more vibrant than Lordsburg. Not surprisingly, it was nicknamed New Chicago when the city was founded in 1881. It's also just 10k.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 6:23 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Another interesting tool to search Hilton and other hotels by category using a map is here. https://www.screwtheaverage.com/blog...iott-spg-hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.