Hilton Woking { GBR }

Old Mar 23, 2021, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hilton Woking { GBR }

Just noticed this one pop up whilst doing a uk search on the Hilton website , interesting...... an actual Hilton hotel rather than a new doubletree or Hampton.
No date on opening yet but looks good.

https://www.thecaterer.com/news/hote...woking-by-2021

UPDATE - opening November 2021
nldogbert and delinquentwoody like this.

Last edited by wizla; Mar 23, 2021 at 11:00 pm Reason: Update added
Old Mar 23, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
It was on the Hilton site last year for a few weeks and then disappeared. Looks like it has returned again!
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 1:55 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by wizla
Just noticed this one pop up whilst doing a uk search on the Hilton website , interesting...... an actual Hilton hotel rather than a new doubletree or Hampton.
No date on opening yet but looks good.

https://www.thecaterer.com/news/hote...woking-by-2021

UPDATE - opening November 2021
Thanks for sharing - not too bad of a location to open a new property. Am sure it will be a good option for London (if the price is right) when the good times return. Sadly seems no mention of Executive Lounge - so I assume this property will be part of the growing number of properties without an Exec. Lounge.

Cheers!
Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:16 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Thanks for sharing - not too bad of a location to open a new property. Am sure it will be a good option for London (if the price is right) when the good times return. Sadly seems no mention of Executive Lounge - so I assume this property will be part of the growing number of properties without an Exec. Lounge.

Cheers!
Back when it was first announced it was going to have a lounge. Fingers crossed it does
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gav0106
Back when it was first announced it was going to have a lounge. Fingers crossed it does
Yep, does claim to have an executive lounge according to Hilton’s website.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Thanks for posting! I also see the executive lounge (under “hotel amenities”) on the app. Not too many ELs in UK properties outside London so will see ...

Looking forward to trying the hotel - location is right next to Woking station which is nice for central London.

Is it a completely new build?

[oops - read the link - yes!!]
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
Just an update about this property.... the building has been deemed unsafe after strong winds blew tiles off of the building.

The road (a busy main road) directly outside the hotel has now been closed for over a month and certainly one panel is still visibly missing. Nothing from Hilton with regards to the new planned opening date which I believe has been & gone.
richardhall99, wizla and chrism20 like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:49 am

Programs: VS, BD, BA, Hyatt, Hilton, Starwood, Radisson, Accor
Originally Posted by Orange.Man
Just an update about this property.... the building has been deemed unsafe after strong winds blew tiles off of the building.

The road (a busy main road) directly outside the hotel has now been closed for over a month and certainly one panel is still visibly missing. Nothing from Hilton with regards to the new planned opening date which I believe has been & gone.
It is now due to open in May (originally Jan). Bookings are available from then.
wizla likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: VS, BD, BA, Hyatt, Hilton, Starwood, Radisson, Accor
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Freetotravel
Thanks for posting! I also see the executive lounge (under “hotel amenities”) on the app. Not too many ELs in UK properties outside London so will see ...

Looking forward to trying the hotel - location is right next to Woking station which is nice for central London.

Is it a completely new build?

[oops - read the link - yes!!]
Not quite "right next to" Woking station but a short walk - 5 mins of less depending on your walking speed (I live nearby). Frequent fast trains direct to Waterloo in around 25 mins, many non-stop, Plenty of varied eateries nearby also plus newly refurbished multi screen Cinema and Theatre among the leisure options.
wizla likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:12 am
Original Poster

I will pop down and stay / review this Hilton once it opens.
Kentish Steve likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 5:06 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
How far to the famous Woking Pizza Hut?
The _Banking_Scot and Schwann like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tem123
How far to the famous Woking Pizza Hut?

Approximately 1 minute's walk, so you won't break a sweat!
Old Dec 26, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
This hotel still hasn't opened. Now hearing rumours locally that Hilton have pulled out without anyone staying at the property.
hugolover, wizla and Freetotravel like this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Orange.Man
This hotel still hasn't opened. Now hearing rumours locally that Hilton have pulled out without anyone staying at the property.
In the local press it is reported that all the external panels need to be refitted with extra fastners.

As of a month ago, it was listed as internally in Hilton that the opening has been pushed back to Nov 2023.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
In the local press it is reported that all the external panels need to be refitted with extra fastners.

As of a month ago, it was listed as internally in Hilton that the opening has been pushed back to Nov 2023.
Ouch. Guess someone screwed up.

David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.