Hilton Tahiti Resort {PYF}

Old May 22, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: UA GS, Delta Plat, Hawaiian Gold, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm definitely scared of rain, and given how expensive it is to get to and stay in Tahiti, I mind as well pay a bit more to go in the best possible weather condition. No point going there and dealing with rain all day long. I'll take snow over rain any day of the week.

Is it possible to walk from the airport to the Hilton?

8-10 minute walk from Hilton to the center of Papeete? So I won't need a Uber or taxi at all? It sounds like Papeete is a small and walkable city.

Is there an email for this hotel? I want to ask them about water, specifically if they provide bottled water for free.

Not sure if you know, but I'm assuming this hotel will qualify for the Hilton Aspire's $250 resort credit?

Did you get a menu for the Hilton restaurant hotel and the IC restaurant hotel? I hope I can go to Tahiti without it costing an arm and a leg.
1. yeah go in dry season (May-sept or so)
2. No it’s too far, take a taxi
3. yes walking to PPT is 10 minutes or so, try to do most of it along the waterfront park and download a Google map of the island to your phone for offline use. There is one trick to the walk which isn’t totally obvious to not go extra distance. Once you’re in PPT it’s totally walkable.
4. water isn’t free and is expensive from the hotel bar. The carrefour 1 minute away sells water.
5. don’t know about aspire
6. the hotel restaurants are I guess “expensive.” Across the bridge near the carrefour there are some other restaurants and a food court that mostly locals were enjoying.

As you also quoted, the IC is also very nice but not as new/modern. The IC reminds me of Disney’s Polynesian . Food there is good but expensive. If that’s what you’re looking for, and don’t mind the lack of walkability to PPT it’s also nice. Hilton is walkable and modern, IC is tropical and more “Tahiti.” Both are good choices for a few nights.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Is it possible to walk from the airport to the Hilton?

8-10 minute walk from Hilton to the center of Papeete? So I won't need a Uber or taxi at all? It sounds like Papeete is a small and walkable city.
The public buses work fairly well much of the time (not evening or weekends).
I hope I can go to Tahiti without it costing an arm and a leg.
It can be done without costing both an arm and a leg, but it'll almost certainly cost at least one f them. If you are looking for a quick cheap overnight stay near PPT, the Tahiti Airport Motel is just across the street from the airport and is easily walkable. We used that when arriving on UA after all the domestic flights had gone and before our onward domestic flight the next morning. It's not fancy but it's clean and far far less expensive than the alternatives.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
The public buses work fairly well much of the time (not evening or weekends).It can be done without costing both an arm and a leg, but it'll almost certainly cost at least one f them. If you are looking for a quick cheap overnight stay near PPT, the Tahiti Airport Motel is just across the street from the airport and is easily walkable. We used that when arriving on UA after all the domestic flights had gone and before our onward domestic flight the next morning. It's not fancy but it's clean and far far less expensive than the alternatives.
Well it is clean, but the bedding and pillows were awful. Combine that with the thin walls and it made for an awful night's sleep at the airport hotel. Wish we would have stayed somewhere else.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:03 am

Our first time in Tahiti for an overnight, we did Fare Suisse Tahiti, and felt it was good value. They pickup and dropoff at airport included.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
Well it is clean, but the bedding and pillows were awful. Combine that with the thin walls and it made for an awful night's sleep at the airport hotel. Wish we would have stayed somewhere else.
We had no problem whatsever. Didn't hear anything and we slept just fine. IHG was 3x the price.
UASPG likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott
I am wondering if anyone has a contact email for this hotel. I am trying to use "be my guest certificate" and would like to let hotel know.

TIA!
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:37 pm

Booking 3 nights here next spring and am looking for a room rec. Want to spend 3 quiet days sitting on the balcony looking at the ocean, feeling the breeze, sipping cold beverages. Looking DIRECTLY at sunset is cool, but if we can't see the actual sunset exactly that's cool too - I'm sure the sea/sky is pretty no matter which way you're looking.

1 King Bed Grand Balcony Room

or

1 King Bed Premier Ocean View?

That big ol balcony on the Grand Balcony Room looks attractive, but I see that those are only on the 2nd floor - would I rather be up on the top floor with a smaller balcony?

Hilton Diamond paying with points, not trying to book low and hope for an upgrade.

thanks
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
I am going to Tahiti in a week. I need a shower after a day tour to Moorea on the last day before flying back on UA at 9pm.
Do they offer a courtesy shower by any chance? I cannot get a response by email or Facebook msg.
I don't want to take chances at PPT Air Tahiti Nui Lounge (does anyone know if the shower is open?)
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by ericw
I am going to Tahiti in a week. I need a shower after a day tour to Moorea on the last day before flying back on UA at 9pm.
Do they offer a courtesy shower by any chance? I cannot get a response by email or Facebook msg.
I don't want to take chances at PPT Air Tahiti Nui Lounge (does anyone know if the shower is open?)
Showers inside the lounge were open in April.
Xyzzy and ericw like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by pzpa
Showers inside the lounge were open in April.
LoL, Hilton Tahiti just replied to my email and asked for US$505 for a day use room from 12 noon to 10pm.
I guess I will take my chances at the lounge - or airport restroom lol
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:19 pm

Breakfast pics….

melh99 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:22 pm

Sushi restaurant….

lsquare and melh99 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Do you want a free shower at the hotel? Why would you have expectations like that? I've never heard of any hotels allowing free showers for non-paying guests.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:05 pm

Was in the lounge a couple days ago. I did not shower, but was in the bathroom and saw showers. Assume they were usable?

TD
ericw likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:21 pm

Do you want a free shower at the hotel? Why would you have expectations like that? I've never heard of any hotels allowing free showers for non-paying guests.
I am staying there - just need to check out before flying out in the evening. They did eventually respond to me and told me the shower by the pool can be used. But I will probably just go straight to the airport after the day trip to moorea and try my luck at the lounge

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.