Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion thread for JFK hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2021, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by s777bg
I have an upcoming trip to USVI and looking for a hotel to spend the night before 8am flight ( Diamond member) . I see two Hilton options:

1. Hilton JFK , suites available , shuttle , lots of negative reviews, lots of complaints of no Diamond upgrades even in COVID era.

2. Hilton Garden Inn, no suites , shuttle
reviews than the two Hiltons, priced in between them.
I checked last November there was no shuttle, I just checked again there is still no shuttle, I don't know what gives you the impression it does, covid had cancelled out many airport properties shuttle service

Only hilton and hampton has shuttle currently
Old May 7, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
They did pre COVID, but I am not sure if the EL is even open at this time.
Old May 7, 2021, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by craig44485
They did pre COVID, but I am not sure if the EL is even open at this time.
Of course they did pre covid, every property around the airport have shuttles, however, covid changes everything since March of last year and should not use pre covid experience to compare and assume everything is still the same, no lounges are open in US since covid start
Old May 8, 2021, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Sorry, I was referring to this question; "When I was last there years ago, the club lounge had free beer and wine. Is that still the case (or at least up until Covid)?"

The Hilton did offer free beer and wine along with a few food options around dinner time before COVID.
Old May 9, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Stayed at the Hampton Inn a few months ago. Totally basic. All common areas blocked off. Plastic sheets over external door (it was cold outside), no food. Many people seemed to be ordering delivery. Next door (they are side-by-side) at the Hilton, only a little better. Bar / restaurant open with limited menu. Could get drinks to take away, but couldn't sit at the bar. Everything closed at 9:30 pm (perhaps this is standard?).
One hint - if you do book either of these hotels, they have different shuttles (goodness knows why), but grab the first shuttle that comes along. The wait can be long, so just get on board either the Hampton Inn or the Hilton shuttle. Driver questioned me: "Hilton? You go to Hilton? Wait other bus." I insisted I was going to the Hilton, then walked across to the Hampton. But gave the driver a good tip.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 8:42 am

Any recent DPs about what the diamond breakfast is at the Hilton JFK currently? Was told my rep at front desk that its a hot breakfast, but they were unable to provide further details.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays at the Hampton Inn JFK?

Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
I gave him my Subway ticket
That would involve an underwhelming sandwich, and Jared (if he is back on the street ).

No initial cap on the NYC mass transit reference
DELee likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question Parking at midnight at Hilton JFK, or use shuttle

I will land at JFK at 11pm. I booked the Hilton JFK because they advertise 24 hours shuttle.
I consider 2 options:
1) Get a rental car when I land. But what-if the hotel valet parking lot is full? I was told I can park near hotel for free, but I doubt that I want to walk at midnight in this area.
2) Take shuttle from JFK to Hilton-JFK. The next morning take the hotel shuttle to Federal Circle to get a rental car.
I will appreciate pros & cons from those who did either (1) or (2). Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by IntFF
I will land at JFK at 11pm. I booked the Hilton JFK because they advertise 24 hours shuttle.
I consider 2 options:
1) Get a rental car when I land. But what-if the hotel valet parking lot is full? I was told I can park near hotel for free, but I doubt that I want to walk at midnight in this area.
2) Take shuttle from JFK to Hilton-JFK. The next morning take the hotel shuttle to Federal Circle to get a rental car.
I will appreciate pros & cons from those who did either (1) or (2). Thanks.
I recently had a one-night stay at the Hilton JFK. I arrived at 6:30 PM in my personal car and was told that there was no parking available. The parking attendant told me that my options were to park on the street or see if the adjacent hotel would allow me to park in their lot. Having driven around and around trying to find the hotel, I was aware of the limited on-street parking, and I would not have elected this option in that neighborhood even if a spot were available. As to the second option, the next door hotel was a Marriott property. I doubt that even my Lifetime Titanium status would have swayed them to cooperate.

I'll note that the Hilton has a park-and-fly option, and the parking attendant suggested that the hotel had oversold that program, thus filling up the lot.

The on-duty manager would take no responsibility for resolving the situation, until I told him that I was not going to take NO for an answer.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My experiences with Hilton properties at airports (even "full service" Hiltons) is that they all-too-often fall way short on amenities and customer focus when contrasted with Hilton properties elsewhere.

I'm left with the impression that the attitude is "You're only going to be here one night. What do you expect? Just be grateful that you are close to the airport."

Thoughts?
Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
My experiences with Hilton properties at airports (even "full service" Hiltons) is that they all-too-often fall way short on amenities and customer focus when contrasted with Hilton properties elsewhere.

I'm left with the impression that the attitude is "You're only going to be here one night. What do you expect? Just be grateful that you are close to the airport."

Thoughts?
In the US maybe. Had many great airport Hilton stays around the world (including the US as it happens!).
Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schwann
In the US maybe. Had many great airport Hilton stays around the world (including the US as it happens!).
Point well taken.

My experience has been that there often is night and day difference between the service received in the US versus the service received in Europe or Asia, with Europe and Asia being superior.
SkyLich likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Recommendation for a JFK area hotel?

My wife and I need to book a hotel close to JFK on July 31 for our overnight layover (9:00 a.m. flight the next day). With the closing of the Hilton, would you recommend the Hampton Inn or the Hilton Garden Inn? With AAA, there is only a $6 difference for our date. Any feedback on the shuttle service?

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: AY Platinum (Lifetime Gold), HH Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mglvrug
My wife and I need to book a hotel close to JFK on July 31 for our overnight layover (9:00 a.m. flight the next day). With the closing of the Hilton, would you recommend the Hampton Inn or the Hilton Garden Inn? With AAA, there is only a $6 difference for our date. Any feedback on the shuttle service?

Thanks!
I have recently stayed on both of these properties. Both are very basic and typical JFK hotel service concept.
Garden Inn was using Lyft as their "shuttle". You go to Federal Circle and call hotel. They will send you a Lyft as free of charge. Lyft from hotel will take you directly to terminal.
Hampton Inn had traditional shuttle service once per hour IIRC.
If I would stay there again, I would likely select Hampton Inn due to decent hotel gym and free of charge breakfast (if you can find something edible) rather than credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.