Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Royal Senses Resort & Spa Crete, Curio Collection by Hilton {GRC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Royal Senses Resort & Spa Crete, Curio Collection by Hilton {GRC}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:19 am

Has anyone stayed here yet with kids? Website and Hilton reservations line stated kids under 5 eat free, but front desk said that is only for breakfast. Not a huge deal as kids meals are cheap here, but just wanted to make anyone aware if they were expecting that benefit.

Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Fly613
Thanks for the feedback.

Is the water park open? That's the only thing my kids care about and while I've asked the hotel the question 5 times, they have always eluded the answer
FYI, both water parks are fully operational today.
BaseG likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 6:01 am

No kids with us - sorry cant answer that one.

However - I will say the buffet dinner was good / OK. Not amazing, questionable if it was worth 40 eu/pp (other than for the sunset view which is amazing)

Though I didnt try it I’d ask if someone could try the Mitato restaurant and see if thats better.
BaseG likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Fiberwalker
No kids with us - sorry cant answer that one.

However - I will say the buffet dinner was good / OK. Not amazing, questionable if it was worth 40 eu/pp (other than for the sunset view which is amazing)

Though I didnt try it I’d ask if someone could try the Mitato restaurant and see if thats better.
We have reservations at Mitato tonight for dinner, so will report back. Also, we had Plateia for lunch and it was delicious. Huge portions and relatively cheap. No signage, but it is outside Mitato and only open during the day.
BaseG likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:05 am

Waterpark pictures for anyone wondering. The bartender and lifeguard up here are great. The wifi is also very strong everywhere I've been on the property.

nazca8, Schwann, Fly613 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR, SPG, HHonors
Thank you both, easily the most insightful reviews of the property I have seen thus far!
Travelling to Crete in a couple of weeks' time - will spend a week at Domes of Elounda, a few days in nearby Rethymno (I recommend going if you haven't) and finishing off with 3 nights here. Seems to strike the right balance based on the above!
Booked on points (2 rooms, for us and the kids) but only Hilton Gold, so guess we'll just turn up for breakfast and hope they let us all have it...
Kids should love the waterpark, which was one of the main draws when we booked
Old Jul 10, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Seems like a reasonable option, not sure it's 400EUR a night good though!

Did you get any photos of the room bmrisko ?
Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:44 am

I checked out today and was informed they were unable to process Amex cards. I stressed I was not going to pay with another card and eventually signed a promissory note-type receipt stating they would charge my HH Amex (also on file in my HH profile) once they can process Amex again. Growing pains, but added a significant amount of time to the checkout process.

Here are some quick pics I snapped of the Family Jr. Suite (will verify room type) before departure. As you enter, toilet is to the right and shower is to the left. Not much privacy for changing after a shower as you have to stand in the entryway to dry off as shower room is slow to drain and still full of water.

Last edited by bmrisko; Jul 12, 2021 at 12:35 pm
Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:46 am

jeffers, nazca8, Schwann and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:41 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmrisko
I checked out today and was informed they were unable to process Amex cards. I stressed I was not going to pay with another card and eventually signed a promissory note-type receipt stating they would charge my HH Amex (also on file in my HH profile) once they can process Amex again. Growing pains, but added a significant amount of time to the checkout process.

Here are some quick pics I snapped of the Family Jr. Suite (will verify room type) before departure. As you enter, toilet is to the right and shower is to the left. Not much privacy for changing after a shower as you have to stand in the entryway to dry off as shower room is slow to drain and still full of water.

Have they been able to process the Amex yet? I have an upcoming stay and was hoping to use my Aspire resort credits there. Thank you!
Old Aug 8, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Stayed here for a week just now, and happy to answer any questions anyone has (yes, they accept Amex).

The resort is nice, and although the landscaping isn't totally finished but that didn't particularly bother me. The rooms are nicely equipped, and to be honest I thought of near-Conrad standard. The pool area is great and drinks service is fast, efficient and friendly. Breakfast buffet is large.

Service is a little rough around the edges, but I got the impression a lot of staff are still new. Wouldn't let this put you off.

We stayed on points - and enjoyed the stay - but don't think I would pay the current rates of 500EUR+ per night.

One thing about the deluxe private pool rooms...some (I think most) views from your pool are blocked when you're down in the pool. The buildings below block the sea view, so it's quite not the infinity pool you might think. Also some of these rooms have a path going right in front of the pools so lack privacy.

Example of pool view:
EqualOpp, ranskis, Schwann and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by 54austin
Have they been able to process the Amex yet? I have an upcoming stay and was hoping to use my Aspire resort credits there. Thank you!
Yes, they did 2 weeks after I checked out. Of course, it posted after my Aspire renewed, so I missed out on last year's credits. As of now, the Aspire resort credits still haven't hit, so will contact Amex after the 8 weeks or whatever they state to allow.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 10:33 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by jeffers
Stayed here for a week just now, and happy to answer any questions anyone has (yes, they accept Amex).

The resort is nice, and although the landscaping isn't totally finished but that didn't particularly bother me. The rooms are nicely equipped, and to be honest I thought of near-Conrad standard. The pool area is great and drinks service is fast, efficient and friendly. Breakfast buffet is large.

Service is a little rough around the edges, but I got the impression a lot of staff are still new. Wouldn't let this put you off.

We stayed on points - and enjoyed the stay - but don't think I would pay the current rates of 500EUR+ per night.
We are looking forward to our stay in 2 weeks. One quick question - does the hotel offer the option of arranging a COVID test or do we need to find some local clinic? We will have a car so we have no issues driving somewhere to do a rapid test for our return trip to the USA.

Is the spa open yet? If so are there any information on prices?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golfingboy
We are looking forward to our stay in 2 weeks. One quick question - does the hotel offer the option of arranging a COVID test or do we need to find some local clinic? We will have a car so we have no issues driving somewhere to do a rapid test for our return trip to the USA.

We were told that the Spa wasn't open yet, but treatments could be arranged at the sister resort. We didn't do any though.

Regarding COVID tests, we arranged one through Aegean (you can book here if you have a flight with them) which we took at Heraklion the day we left for Athens (had 3 days there before flying back to the US). It was extremely simple, we were in and out within 5 minutes and results came that evening via email.
golfingboy likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by golfingboy

As per a recent email from the hotel: We would like to inform you that at the moment the doctor is here in the hotel every day from 11.00 to 12.00 to perform rapid and PCR tests. No booking should be done in advance and the rapid test costs 30 euro, PCR test – 70 euro per person. The results are usually available on the next day, all the tests are recommended to be performed at least 48 hrs prior to your departure.

You should reconfirm if you plan to rely on it given how fluid the situation is.
golfingboy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.