Hilton Mall of Istanbul

Old Dec 16, 20, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Hilton Mall of Istanbul

Has anyone stayed here? It opened in late October from what I can see. It has a Lounge, though I suspect its shut. Rooms look really nice. Perhaps the highest standard that Hilton offers in IST?
Old Dec 16, 20, 3:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
That's nowhere near the "touristy" must-hits, but otherwise looks like a nice business hotel, if not a little cold.

I thought it's claim of "nearest to the new airport" was a little puzzling, because... yeah, it's "nearest" but not "near" so who cares?

I've never been to that mall it's centered around, and would rather stay at the Bosphorus Hilton/Conrad area or the new Hagia Mansions, personally.
Old Dec 16, 20, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant View Post
That's nowhere near the "touristy" must-hits, but otherwise looks like a nice business hotel, if not a little cold.

I thought it's claim of "nearest to the new airport" was a little puzzling, because... yeah, it's "nearest" but not "near" so who cares?

I've never been to that mall it's centered around, and would rather stay at the Bosphorus Hilton/Conrad area or the new Hagia Mansions, personally.

There are certainly hotels much closer to the airport, but the Hilton's the nearest "big name" and it's on a Havaist shuttle route. Taxi should be 25 minutes or so, a little longer if you take Havaist.

But apart from that, until the new M9 metro line opens it's in a pretty awkward location.
Old Dec 16, 20, 10:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
But apart from that, until the new M9 metro line opens it's in a pretty awkward location.
I think it's the M11 line that will go from the IST new airport and the Levent area?"The terminal will be linked to Gayrettepe and Halkali M11 which is currently under construction and will extend underground from end to end. The airport can also be accessed by bus, namely IETT buses and Havaist buses"
Old Dec 17, 20, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant View Post
I think it's the M11 line that will go from the IST new airport and the Levent area?"The terminal will be linked to Gayrettepe and Halkali M11 which is currently under construction and will extend underground from end to end. The airport can also be accessed by bus, namely IETT buses and Havaist buses"
Indeed, the M11 will (eventually) link the commercial centre of Istanbul to the airport. Sadly this will go nowhere near Mall of Istanbul and the Hilton ..... unless/until the second phase of the line (in yellow on the map) opens.

However the M9 is a line that will start at Atakoy (near the old airport) and head north to Itikelli, where access to Mall of Istanbul is planned. when this happens there will be connections to more useful metro and tramway lines.

Old May 30, 21, 7:34 am

Stayed 28-29 May. Trip to/from IST was about $20 each, via a yellow taxi via Uber, less than 30 minutes. As a Diamond, I was upgraded, in advance of check-in to a king one bedroom suite, 1809; a true suite - separate bedroom, 1/2 bath attached to living area, full bath with a deep tub and rain shower. (I had booked the cheapest room I could obtain as I was there for less than 12 hours.) Pics on the Hilton site exactly reflect the room. My observation was that the large lamp over the circular work table was quite low - bumped my head twice (takes me awhile to learn) and that there are not any outlets hear the work table.

Note that the security staff unloaded my bags from the taxi and took the bags directly to the scanner and placed the bags on a luggage cart afterwards.

Buffet breakfast - hot and some cold items were served by staff including eggs cooked to order; great variety of items. Beverages and breads were self-service. I peeked in the executive lounge - it is closed, but looks to be very nice when it is opened.

Downside and partially my doing. I arrived at 1 AM or so. Bellhop grabbed my bags, but all I had was US $20s. I asked the front desk agent to exchange one $20 for TKL knowing I'd get a poor rate, but wanted to tip the bellhop as I know times are tough (and explained as such). Worked about to be about a 10% loss. By the time I checked in, the bellhop was busy with another customer. The front desk agent offered to take my bags, but I said I could handle it. He seemed disappointed and seemed to be trolling for a tip. He then called the room about 15 minutes after I got in the room (and was getting ready for bed) to 'make sure I liked the room he had assigned me'; again I had the sense he was looking for a tip. I will not tip front desk staff. And maybe it is a cultural thing that I am not aware of.

Can't comment on the area other than what I could see out the windows - retail/commercial/residential apartment area (including Hilton Residences). Not sure about any public transportation to the airport or into touristic Istanbul.

One note re: Uber pickup at IST. Uber simply connects you to a yellow (cheaper) or blue taxi. Not sure what those differences are. Determining the pickup area was a bit challenging. I had the impression that you exit to the bottom level (some signage indicated so, but I'm a foreigner). The pickup spot for me turned out to be the top level at the exact opposite end of the terminal. Fortunately the Uber app in Turkey (or at least Istanbul) has a translate feature so I was able to figure this out.

Last edited by lamphs; May 30, 21 at 6:42 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: