Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Sydney - All sold out end Nov /early Dec?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2020, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

I was trying to find rooms in Sydney during the last week of November and first week of December (for a 2-night stay) and keep getting "Sold out" messages, for both the Hilton as well as the Curio. What gives?
Old Nov 1, 2020, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by puchong
I was trying to find rooms in Sydney during the last week of November and first week of December (for a 2-night stay) and keep getting "Sold out" messages, for both the Hilton as well as the Curio. What gives?
May be used for the 14 day quarantine for entering Australia/NSW
Had seen a report that the Hilton was being used a few months ago. But cannot find a list (official or unofficial)
Old Nov 1, 2020, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that info. Just for the heck of it, I tried a 15-day stay during the period and got the same Sold Out message. However, January & February dates do show availability - so you must be right - as usual!
Old Nov 1, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
The Curio is currently closed and has been since the start of COVID , the Sydney Hilton is a quarantine hotel till at least January
craig44485 and jelky like this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:08 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
yeh must b a medi hotel - trying to book a couple of nites late decemeber or early january hilton is sold out but curio is open
Old Jan 27, 2021, 8:47 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Hilton Sydney now open for bookings in February.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 10:48 pm
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Hilton Sydney is no longer a COVID quarantine facility it seems.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:07 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by shillard
Hilton Sydney now open for bookings in February.
It apparently re-opened to the public yesterday (January 27) I'm told after a week of "deep-cleaning". No Executive Lounge and restrictions on other services. I am there from Monday so I'll report unless beaten to the gun.
DC9 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:45 am
DC9

Originally Posted by puchong
.... keep getting "Sold out" messages, for both the Hilton as well as the Curio. What gives?
‘Sold out’ is a term being used by some hotels in Australia (including Hilton Sydney, Cairns DT and Brisbane Marriott) instead of advising that they are COVID quarantine facilities and are not taking bookings from the general public.
shillard and Sisosig like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
It apparently re-opened to the public yesterday (January 27) I'm told after a week of "deep-cleaning". No Executive Lounge and restrictions on other services. I am there from Monday so I'll report unless beaten to the gun.
They should offer you free minibar items in lieu of the exec lounge. Or have a povo version of the lounge in the Zeta bar area.

I've had both when staying there since the world lost its mind over the commie cough.
turtlemichael and SlickRick46 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 5:45 pm
DC9

They should offer you free minibar items in lieu of the exec lounge. Or have a povo version of the lounge in the Zeta bar area.

I've had both when staying there since the world lost its mind over the commie cough.
In the case of Hilton Brisbane, the minibar fridge had been completely empty on the last few times that I’ve stayed, the most recent being in December 2021. Not sure what hotels are stocking minibars at the moment.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by DC9
In the case of Hilton Brisbane, the minibar fridge had been completely empty on the last few times that I’ve stayed, the most recent being in December 2021. Not sure what hotels are stocking minibars at the moment.
BNE Hilton offer Elite members free drinks and bar snacks 5pm - 7pm each night in the lounge bar.

Reception will tell you house wine only but that's garbage, just tell the staff that you're Diamond and they'll sort you out.
DC9 and turtlemichael like this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by DC9
I have been staying at QT in Sydney and Canberra all last year and their mini bars have not been removed.
DC9 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by ozztraveller
I have been staying at QT in Sydney and Canberra all last year and their mini bars have not been removed.
I'm not hip enough to stay in QTs.
DELee likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 1:05 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
I'm not hip enough to stay in QTs.
I tried and gave up so now I just look out of place.
DC9 and shillard like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.