Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Lowering Point Pricing at Several US Hotels

Hilton Lowering Point Pricing at Several US Hotels

Old Oct 13, 20, 10:14 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
duplicate

Last edited by fwfdan; Oct 13, 20 at 10:20 am
Old Oct 13, 20, 10:20 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by strayersong View Post
Are you able to share the dates? I can see Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach at ~50,000 points but the cash rate is just about $200, which is the regular exchange rate.
I am seeing it for 49,000 in February / March 2021. I was able to grab it (I had it for 70,000/night) for 44,000 before the Hilton Ambassador posted this thread and then again when I first posted in this thread.

You can check March 11-16 2021 for an Ocean View Jr. Suite King that is showing at 49,000 points a night with best cash rate of $357 night. That is a total of $2,225.98 (including resort fee) or 196.000 points for five nights or over 0.011 cents per point. I use .005 as my decision mark for point versus cash so this is over double that redemption rate.

I personally would not pay that cash rate (I have stayed at this hotel) but think the five night points rate is pretty good!
Old Oct 13, 20, 12:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Melia Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by fwfdan View Post

You can check March 11-16 2021 for an Ocean View Jr. Suite King that is showing at 49,000 points a night with best cash rate of $357 night. That is a total of $2,225.98 (including resort fee) or 196.000 points for five nights or over 0.011 cents per point.
I thought that the fifth night free on award stays is only valid for standard rooms...? Wouldn't 5 nights in a junior suite cost 245k points then?
Old Oct 13, 20, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Delectatio View Post
I thought that the fifth night free on award stays is only valid for standard rooms...? Wouldn't 5 nights in a junior suite cost 245k points then?
That is a standard award.
Old Oct 13, 20, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by fwfdan View Post
I am seeing it for 49,000 in February / March 2021. I was able to grab it (I had it for 70,000/night) for 44,000 before the Hilton Ambassador posted this thread and then again when I first posted in this thread.

You can check March 11-16 2021 for an Ocean View Jr. Suite King that is showing at 49,000 points a night with best cash rate of $357 night. That is a total of $2,225.98 (including resort fee) or 196.000 points for five nights or over 0.011 cents per point. I use .005 as my decision mark for point versus cash so this is over double that redemption rate.

I personally would not pay that cash rate (I have stayed at this hotel) but think the five night points rate is pretty good!
Thanks a lot. Although it appears to be a different deal, very interesting find!
Old Oct 13, 20, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
They wouldn’t be getting anything from you if it wasn’t a Hilton. Why not offer them something between the reimbursement and the cash rate? A wise manager would accept the offer.
A wise manager does not undercut their own room rates.

A few extra bucks here and there does not compensate for word getting around that you can get a better room rate by calling and threatening to use points...
lowfareair and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Oct 13, 20, 2:47 pm

Happens all the time. It did before Covid, to top-up the redemption amount and now. We have discussed this before.
Old Oct 13, 20, 3:21 pm

Thanks a lot. Although it appears to be a different deal, very interesting find!
I am not sure how you see it as a different deal. Standard award was 70,000. I think that has pretty much been the best I have seen for this hotel in the last two years. And then it was dropped to 44,000 around the time that the Hilton Ambassador posted here. And shows up on the points explorer.

Am I missing something? I think it is clearly the deal that the OP referenced.
Old Oct 14, 20, 9:13 am

Sorry I was referring to the Junior Suite being bookable as standard award, but yes indeed the ratio is also a lot better.
Old Oct 14, 20, 9:25 am

Sorry I was referring to the Junior Suite being bookable as standard award, but yes indeed the ratio is also a lot better.
Ah, I understand. That hotel has pretty big rooms and I think the Jr. Suites have always been part of their "standard" inventory (or at least they have been the last two years that I have been looking at it). When we were there last year they were upgrading the hotel rooms and started playing with the room types and whether they are standard or not... I would think they are close to being done by now.
Old Oct 14, 20, 9:48 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (airline status-free leisure traveler), HH Diamond
Grand Wailea did not get the memo

Apparently, the Grand Wailea on Maui, did NOT get the memo! They are at least 322K points per night for every date in January.

You would think that a hotel in Hawaii, a place that travelers can hardly get to right now, would give travelers some incentive.
Air Houston likes this.
Old Mar 7, 21, 2:11 am

Going forward, with some reduced award pricing still in place with IHG, Marriott etc, do we expect Hilton to offer a reduction in their award rates? I can’t see them scrapping their dynamic pricing, but at the same time generally speaking their award pricing seems higher now compared to cash rates.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: