Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers {ARE}

Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers {ARE}

Old Nov 4, 2022, 7:31 am

During Covid this hotel was on top of my to do list when the world opened again. As a Hilton Diamond member I was looking forward to experience the lounge and service. Unfortunately the exec lounge has disappeared from hilton website, so I asked the hotel via email which diamond benefits I will get. They answered me that there is no exec lounge and that the rooms on level 45 (which has a lounge) is "not a part of the Hilton Honors Member Entitlement".
Old Nov 4, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by sorenoesterbro
During Covid this hotel was on top of my to do list when the world opened again. As a Hilton Diamond member I was looking forward to experience the lounge and service. Unfortunately the exec lounge has disappeared from hilton website, so I asked the hotel via email which diamond benefits I will get. They answered me that there is no exec lounge and that the rooms on level 45 (which has a lounge) is "not a part of the Hilton Honors Member Entitlement".
Ah so the Nahaam offering is now gone? Pity...
Old Nov 4, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I just had a stay here 2 weeks ago. I'm Diamond. Yes, it's true. There is no more executive lounge for Diamonds. There is the Level 45 concept where you only get access to the Level 45 lounge if you book a room type with this access.

Even if you are upgraded into a junior suite as a Diamond, that will not give you access. I was disappointed finding out that the executive Diamond lounge access is scrapped, but it's still a beautiful hotel and service everywhere was impeccable.

There is still the Nahaam offering in which Diamonds get complimentary happy hour for 2 hrs in the evening. There are also light snacks available as well. At Ray's bar, there is a 50 percent off happy hour (I forget the times)
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I just had a stay here 2 weeks ago. I'm Diamond. Yes, it's true. There is no more executive lounge for Diamonds. There is the Level 45 concept where you only get access to the Level 45 lounge if you book a room type with this access.

Even if you are upgraded into a junior suite as a Diamond, that will not give you access. I was disappointed finding out that the executive Diamond lounge access is scrapped, but it's still a beautiful hotel and service everywhere was impeccable.

There is still the Nahaam offering in which Diamonds get complimentary happy hour for 2 hrs in the evening. There are also light snacks available as well. At Ray's bar, there is a 50 percent off happy hour (I forget the times)
Do any of these upgrades give you access to the level 45 lounge ?

Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:36 pm

This is the most ridiculous thing EVER.
Checking in as HH Diamond, asking for a check in at the Club lounge - they reply "we have no club lounge". I show them the hotel's site that actually SELLS Club rooms - they say "no, Club 45 is special and we don't give it to Diamond members".
I mentioned that this policy is only applicable at Waldorf Astorias and not on Conrads.
They said "sir, do you want to check in or not?". I cancelled my reservation immediately and took my business elsewhere.
Absolutely dreadful!!!
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by TheShis
They said "sir, do you want to check in or not?". I cancelled my reservation immediately and took my business elsewhere.
Absolutely dreadful!!!
Different Story but same result

Late may I ask for a high floor one day before. Booked a junior suite and they reply that depends on availability and the dont will upgrade above junior suite. Was really impressed about that warm welcome. As it was flex, cancellation and thank you for nothing.
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 6:50 am

Is the Observation Deck still free for Diamonds?
Old Dec 6, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: SQ VA QF CX JL NH AA
Originally Posted by wienerwinner
Is the Observation Deck still free for Diamonds?
Yes it is. I went up yesterday. I am staying here now so any other questions please ask.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Isnt the observation deck free for all guests?
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: SQ VA QF CX JL NH AA
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Isnt the observation deck free for all guests?
Yes it is. I checked today.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Do any of these upgrades give you access to the level 45 lounge ?

To answer my own question.. short answer is NO.. the level45 thing is completely separate from anything hilton... from memory they want 500AED PP/Per night to have access to the level45 lounge.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the update on the lounge guys, was going book 3 nights here but will give it a miss, for the same price (in fact less) I can have have a Shangri-La Horizon club room and won’t have to quibble about lounge access.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 1:19 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by Gomac
Thanks for the update on the lounge guys, was going book 3 nights here but will give it a miss, for the same price (in fact less) I can have have a Shangri-La Horizon club room and wont have to quibble about lounge access.
Very different properties, in very different locations. Shang is very traditional/dated. Conrad is not. Just an FYI.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Very different properties, in very different locations. Shang is very traditional/dated. Conrad is not. Just an FYI.
Yeah I quite like the old school Shang, stayed a few times and it works for me in that region. I always wanted to try the Conrad though but it just doesnt add up, maybe towards the summer when rates come down.
NoY and babyg_wc like this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the reviews everyone. Looking for a 1 night stopover hotel on the way from ORD to BKK in May, and was thinking about booking the Conrad through AmEx FHR and use that $200 credit. I am also HH Diamond. Any data points on getting benefits from both HH and AmEx? My first and only stay at a Conrad was in Vegeas last year, and they honored benefits from both programs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.