Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Aspire Amex points no longer posting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2020, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond

Just wondering if anyone has experience of this?

my last time in the states was march, points of which posted correctly. When I’m not in the states I use other cards and my bill drops to 200-300 a month, for the usual sort of monthly bills etc. April posted correctly and since then nothing.

Ive only just noticed this now, I cant see any section in the “my account” section that shows points transferred to Hilton, so not sure there is one?

I do have my British Hilton card linked to my account but they two of them have been running simultaneously for a couple of years with no issues, so unless something has changed there I can’t think what’s happened.

any thoughts?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
The points are posting okay for my Aspire card. What did Hilton and/or Amex say when you contacted them?
Old Sep 17, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by aceman

any thoughts?
Did you receive a refund on your card for anything?
Old Sep 17, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
If you have a negative points balance due to a big refund, the points would not post until you'll pass to the positive point balance realm - that at least how it was explained to me when I had no posting for several months due to a big refund. The moment it went to the positive balance, all the points were posted, including a minus for the refund and all the positive points since then.

Quite strange, but it worked out at the end.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
This was my experience as well. It eventually sorted itself out and everything was in-synch.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The points are posting okay for my Aspire card. What did Hilton and/or Amex say when you contacted them?
I havent contacted them yet. I'm stuck in the uk so didnt fancy running call from here. Since the charges were small I was going to see about it later when the borders open again. However I'm about to run through a $8k charge, so want to know its all ok.

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Did you receive a refund on your card for anything?
No refunds, nothing at all. Just stopped all by itself

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.