Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New promotion mattress run feasibility?

New promotion mattress run feasibility?

Old Sep 12, 2020, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pinniped
since the UK probably doesn't have a lot of ridiculously-cheap Hiltons?
Actually the UK does have a fair number of ridiculously cheap Hiltons at the moment.

Day use rates are one possibility. Also just random Hiltons outside of the major cities.

But still... the points aren't going to be worth a lot and until executive lounges re-open (or you research which hotels are being generous with bar drinks/food as a replacement) Diamond won't be worth much either...
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by estedman
Are you doing it to gain Diamond? If so isn't it easier to just get a Spire AMEX card that gives you Diamond and would be much cheaper.

Originally Posted by pinniped

I've done my share of weekend stays over the years to top off a promotion or status requal, but 20 nights?!? $1000+ cash out of pocket, if not more since the UK probably doesn't have a lot of ridiculously-cheap Hiltons?
I think someone had mentioned in other threads that quite many of the rates in UK are cheaper than paying for AMEX annual fee if you are doing on 10 separate stays.

2020 earned nights will roll over to 2021, so basically you will get same status in 2022/23

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
I am wondering in this context whether the promos will not be even better in 2021 so that a mattress run now may not be needed. But who knows... 2021 looks far away in terms of certainty around travel etc.
The vaccine likely will be widely available sometime in 2021, once the vaccine is out, more people likely to travel

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Or, if reward stays count, find a 5k a night property to do an extended stay at.
That would incurred cost to travel, as that wont happen anywhere in UK

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 12, 2020 at 9:08 am Reason: merged poster's three consecutive posts
Old Sep 12, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
So I can upset the system by just opening and closing the door. Maybe out of boredom or devilment........ maybe just to allow room service to enter.
Yes, or to put the DND sign on my door, I guess the hotel thinks I left, and will now check me out. Ridiculous
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.