Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

hilton closed my account with over a million points please help with your advice ty

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hilton closed my account with over a million points please help with your advice ty

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2020, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Thank you in advance to whoever can take a moment of their time to help and address my concern with just a quick second of your potential valuable advice or input. I had 3 amex hilton cards with a hilton honors diamond account with over a million points. however during covid, I was furloughed from work and desperately needed money so i sold my hilton points and transferred it into that persons account hilton flagged me and put me on a suspension after back and forth emailing hilton the fraud department contacted me and informed me that My account was being closed for violating terms and conditions. is there anything I can do to try and get it back? I have over a million hilton honors points that I have lost. I have read that american advantage members whose accounts were closed becuase of selling were able send an email apologizing and have their accounts reinstated. would that work with hilton and if yes to whom can I send the email? In addition, I have 3 active amex hilton cards with free night certificates that are currently pending with no hilton honors number linked up to my credit card. I have tried opening new honors account using a new email address with hilton but have been promptly closed without even receiving an email from hilton. is it because My name and address is flagged in hiltons system. if so, if I open a new hilton account with the same email as my amex profile but with different names and addresses would amex still transfer the points to my hilton account? or does every last piece of information have to match between amex and hilton in order to initiate the transfer? i have a lot of hilton points pending with 3 weekend night certificates in limbo and I am at a loss as to what to do. Thank you again for your time to read and respond very grateful for anyones thoughtful input
Old Aug 19, 2020, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by pace123
\i sold my hilton points and transferred it into that persons account
TL;DR you broke the T&C, there's not much you can do at this point. You know what you were doing and that it wasn't allowed.
cawhite, 360guy, missamo80 and 6 others like this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

I know i broke the rules but I am still looking for some input thank you
Old Aug 19, 2020, 8:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Selling points/miles is playing with fire. Some times you're going to get burned.
BigFishDave, lsquare and msp3 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 8:57 pm
Suspended

what you havent provided is how long have you been with Hilton, how many nights do you stay most years, where did the majority of your points come from stays or CC etc etc, if w/o the CCs youd have next to no points and nights then SOL on this, if the vast majority of your points was from actual stays and your status was based on having the stays then maybe you can beg go the route you didnt know and wont do it again and hope they reinstate you not sure if they will give you back the pts you sold (probably not) or the free night certs
DiverDave likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
You can plead your case to Hilton and see if they would change their minds due to the circumstance.

But there is no guarantee. You also have to plead someone who is high enough to reverse the actions taken.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 12:20 am

OP gives no indication of value to HH as a frequent guest. Add in the game-playing by opening new accounts, and it's no surprise that OP has been fired as a customer. You could take one shot at a mea culpa, and move on if not successful.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
beg them.. to help you out a little.. but knowing that you broke the rules.. well you can pretty much guess where the call is going to go.
sorry OP, but I dont take nicely to people that have broken the rules on purpose , reason aside...
Redhead and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
OP knowingly violated Hilton's rules and want help to get back those points? LOL! OP got what he deserves.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Don’t sell points. At most 1 million points is worth 4-5k. Surely there must have been a better method of coming up with emergency cash.
aztimm, lsquare and hhdl like this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I have over a million hilton honors points that I have lost.
Not exactly "lost." You sold therm. Hilton makes very clear what the penalties are for this. You can try apologizing, but if every transgression could be easily vacated with a facile apology it'd be a different world. Hilton has no incentive to be lenient with you; in fact there's a clear disincentive, as Hilton doesn't want to encourage more actions of this nature.

Maybe you can plead the stress of 2020 pandemic / economic / chaos factors drove you to rash acts that you now sincerely regret, but if I were an Honors supervisor it wouldn't fly with me.
writerguyfl and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Don’t sell points. At most 1 million points is worth 4-5k. Surely there must have been a better method of coming up with emergency cash.
I'm confused as to whether he still had 1 million points in his account when Hilton closed the account or if he had already sold those million points and therefore had the money and no HH points left?
Old Aug 20, 2020, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm confused as to whether he still had 1 million points in his account when Hilton closed the account or if he had already sold those million points and therefore had the money and no HH points left?
It’s somewhat doubtful he sold them all. Unless he turned his account over, you can only transfer so many points a year.

Also, the opening of new accounts, with different email addresses certainly shows continuing disrespect for the rules.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 9:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
It’s somewhat doubtful he sold them all. Unless he turned his account over, you can only transfer so many points a year.

Also, the opening of new accounts, with different email addresses certainly shows continuing disrespect for the rules.

yep its looking ,more and more that the OP went from being the Player to being the one being Played and rightly so, doubt we will ever hear from them again
deker0 and msp3 like this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Here's some input: Don't try to fix something by doing another violation (second account/new email).

You have already communicated with Hilton and they made their decision. Nothing more to add here.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.