Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Benchmark For Hilton Points Earned Per Night?

Old Aug 19, 20, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Just wondering what's a good benchmark for # of points earned per night when it comes to staying at a Hilton property? Using the Aspire card + stay bonus, I'm averaging 4000ish points per night right now for $100ish per night. What's good for comparison? What's really really good?
Old Aug 19, 20, 3:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Looking solely at hotel activity (not the additional 14 points per dollar from the Aspire card), I'm around 40 points per dollar. This includes the 10k point bonuses every 10 nights and a few 7 award nights so far this year.
Old Aug 19, 20, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
Looking solely at hotel activity (not the additional 14 points per dollar from the Aspire card), I'm around 40 points per dollar. This includes the 10k point bonuses every 10 nights and a few 7 award nights so far this year.
So that's a similar rate to me right? That would be 4000 points per $100 ya?

When I was in consulting I know that people would just switch the hotels they used based on whichever had the best ongoing promotion at the given moment. So I know that points per dollar is something I should be trying to optimize, just don't know whether you're doing a good job or not hahaha.

Also, it works if I stay in 3 different hotels in 3 different nights to collect that sweet 2000 point bonus every night right? Is there any hidden fees there with checkout/taxes that would deter this strategy?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: