FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   What are current Hilton Garden Inn breakfasts in US during pandemic? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/2020451-what-current-hilton-garden-inn-breakfasts-us-during-pandemic.html)

englisha Oct 14, 2020 3:03 am

I stayed at 2 different hotels (non Hilton) in Europe recently where breakfast was still self served from a buffet but everyone was asked to wear disposable plastic gloves while selecting breakfast items...Everything else was as before.

Superguy Oct 14, 2020 9:29 am

I got Hamptoned at the HGI Woodbridge, VA a couple weeks ago. Got the Hampton breakfast bag - muffin, breakfast bar (either Nutrigrain or a fruit and nut bar), a piece of fruit (apple or orange) and a bottle of water.

Extremely disappointed and let them know.

Would have been nice to order breakfast to go or have at least a breakfast sandwich in a bag, but only the Homewood next door was doing hot to go. Kitchen was only open for business meetings/catering. They said the restaurant wouldn't open until occupancy rate increased. No room service either.

Pool open, but hot tub closed.

Everything else was great, and staff was very nice.

Bottom line - I'd call ahead to any property at this point and find out what breakfast is. If it's not to your liking, change your perk for that stay.

tom911 Oct 17, 2020 7:06 am

Breakfast this morning at Hilton Garden Inn in Crystal City near DCA. Also available for purchase for $6. No beverages included.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1b23bb3318.jpg

fwfdan Oct 21, 2020 3:51 pm

Breakfast HGI made to order Morgantown WV - pretty happy with this for hitting the road!

We ended up staying at this HGI for a fall foliage road trip rather than the one in Uniontown, PA as we called both and the one in Uniontown was doing a grab-and-go rather than made to order.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...69493331c5.jpg

BobOscar Oct 23, 2020 9:25 am

Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Old Town handed out a sheet at check-in that the restaurant was closed but they were offering a Grab & Go breakfast for $12! It did not indicate if it was free for Diamonds or not; I didn't ask since I was not interested in a sack of carbs for breakfast..

Would not have been that difficult for them to offer a cooked-to-order breakfast to go such as the post above shows.

Thanks HGI! Oh, and thanks for the $21 a night parking fee to park on your open lot. I get that you need to pinch pennies to keep open these days, but really...

storewanderer Oct 23, 2020 11:57 am

Originally Posted by BobOscar (Post 32767961)
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Old Town handed out a sheet at check-in that the restaurant was closed but they were offering a Grab & Go breakfast for $12! It did not indicate if it was free for Diamonds or not; I didn't ask since I was not interested in a sack of carbs for breakfast..

Would not have been that difficult for them to offer a cooked-to-order breakfast to go such as the post above shows.

Thanks HGI! Oh, and thanks for the $21 a night parking fee to park on your open lot. I get that you need to pinch pennies to keep open these days, but really...

That parking fee has been in place at that location for a number of years now, perhaps ever since it opened, or shortly thereafter.

Pretty typical the past 5-7 years that midscale and up hotels in San Diego and even 30-40 miles outside San Diego charge a fee for parking on surface level lots in areas where there is lots of space and no real reason to be charging for parking, other than that they can... real money grab and one of the things I am hoping we see adjusted in the upcoming hotel business depression that is going to be happening. But cutting a fee when they are already in financial trouble is probably a pipe dream on my part.

general45 Oct 26, 2020 9:39 pm

HGI Freeport Maine

This hotel offered a limited variety of breakfast. You could do take out or eat in the restaurant. My wife and I chose the restaurant. Covid restrictions were observed (masks by servers and diners until seated, spacing). We chose from a menu presented to us by the server. Unlike typical buffets, you were limited to one large item like pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs or an omelet. The omelet was made one way only, no deviations but I liked what they offered so no problems there. I chose a fruit plate of fresh fruit but if you wanted only a couple of styles of fruit you were out of luck. It was prepared one way. My wife had scrambled eggs. You could order bacon, sausage, toast or home fries with your order, no matter what you ordered off the menu. Yogurts, pastries, coffee , tea and a variety of juices were also available. Overall, it was a very good breakfast and I appreciated the friendly staff and the hotels efforts to go over and above. Another note: my breakfast was as a Diamond benefit so there were no restrictions to what I could order. For those just dining and no status, most items on the menu were between $9.95 and $11.95. Juices, coffee and other items that might be on a buffet menu were at a additional cost. This could add significantly to the overall bill for those not having Gold or Diamond status.

txrus Oct 28, 2020 6:42 am

Stayed 1 night @ the Hilton Logan Airport-absolutely no mention of ANYTHING to do w/breakfast (lounge closed, of course)-grab & go, cooked to order, or anything other than the coffee stand in the lobby. Considering the argument I got from Billy @ the front desk over my request for a laundry bag, I'm not really surprised.

CMK10 Oct 31, 2020 12:41 pm

Hilton Garden Inn Kitty Hawk / Outer Banks:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Travel/Fl...MG_4248-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Travel/Fl...IMG_4249-L.jpg

First hot breakfast I've seen at an HGI since March.

Global Adventurer Nov 4, 2020 7:21 am

Not sure where to post this, but I'm at the Embassy Suites at LAX North and this is their grab & go breakfast service reductions:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8944d42eb6.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f5cda0658d.jpg

hedoman Nov 4, 2020 11:58 am

HGI Twin Falls ID.....Full service, sit down. order from menu. Charge was $10......lowest I've noticed anywhere. $2.50 might have been a fair price. Filled online survey and my breakfast comments passed to restaurant manger. She sent email asking for more detail and I spelled it out to her. Give 'em credit for good employees and follow up.

general45 Nov 7, 2020 5:39 pm

Boston Fanuiel Hall Hilton

I reserved a room for 2 persons using points. I was given 2-$10.00 food voucher’s towards breakfast. The restaurant was open, so I asked why we weren’t receiving my benefit of a complimentary continental breakfast as was described under the my choice benefit and was told it was because of Covid. We had to spend some $$$ since $10.00 each doesn’t get you to far in Boston. This Covid excuse for lowering or copping out of member benefits is getting old real fast.

txrus Nov 12, 2020 8:15 am

Am at the HGI PNS & was excited when I got here & saw a big sign in the lobby about breakfast from 6-10 & restaurant for dinner starting @ 5. There were even menus for dinner in the airport shuttle. You know the saying about if it seems too good to be true...according to the server in the restaurant last night, the menus in the shuttle are 'old, from before' (why are they still there then?) & breakfast is very limited to basically eggs over easy or scrambled. She said they can't do omelets because 'you know, we can't chop up vegies because of COVID' (then where did the vegies in the dinner salad come from, or in the pot roast, or on my chicken sandwich? And let's face it, that stuff comes pre-chopped from Cisco anyway).

Allegedly there is daily housekeeping on request-not holding my breath now that it actually happens.

Like the general said above, the cooties excuse is getting real old, especially when it is as nonsensical as ones like this.

ORDnHKG Nov 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by txrus (Post 32814815)

Like the general said above, the cooties excuse is getting real old, especially when it is as nonsensical as ones like this.

Exactly, they can just do what other properties HGI/DT/ES/Hilton/Tapestry/Curio are doing, the waiter check what you want on the paper, once it is ready they put everything in a box then you have it to go.

CMK10 Nov 17, 2020 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by txrus (Post 32814815)
Am at the HGI PNS & was excited when I got here & saw a big sign in the lobby about breakfast from 6-10 & restaurant for dinner starting @ 5. There were even menus for dinner in the airport shuttle. You know the saying about if it seems too good to be true...according to the server in the restaurant last night, the menus in the shuttle are 'old, from before' (why are they still there then?) & breakfast is very limited to basically eggs over easy or scrambled. She said they can't do omelets because 'you know, we can't chop up vegies because of COVID' (then where did the vegies in the dinner salad come from, or in the pot roast, or on my chicken sandwich? And let's face it, that stuff comes pre-chopped from Cisco anyway).

The saddest thing is even this would rank as the second best HGI breakfast I've had since March :(