Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[PROMO June to August 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Restaurant Credit (US only)

Old Apr 30, 20, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus, HHonors,Hyatt

Here is a screenshot I had with Amex. Looks good to me.
Old Apr 30, 20, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Wintertiger View Post
Great news! Did they by chance clarify if the "Food" category includes Grocery Stores / Supermarkets?
Old Apr 30, 20, 4:01 pm

Programs: A3 *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by Wintertiger View Post
Curious why would they only start from 01JUN, not some dates that are closer, like tomorrow, 01MAY.
Old Apr 30, 20, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus, HHonors,Hyatt
Originally Posted by MaxVO View Post
Great news! Did they by chance clarify if the "Food" category includes Grocery Stores / Supermarkets?
I didn't ask. I take FOOD as restaurant food. They may state differently if it includes grocery stores.

Originally Posted by geclub1 View Post
Curious why would they only start from 01JUN, not some dates that are closer, like tomorrow, 01MAY.
Maybe they haven't finalized the details, not official yet...
Old Apr 30, 20, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We are seniors who are even paranoid about getting delivered restauarant food...We have been indoors except for our weekly/even biweekly supermarket trips. While many restaurants in our area are offering take-out/delivery we are choosing not to partake, instead choosing to go to the supermarket during senior hours, and cooking everything at home, So we are being punished by the new Hilton/get your Resort credit/ with RESTAURANT visits. Where do you LIVE that has real restaurants to take advantage of this?
Old Apr 30, 20, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Spire, others
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
We are seniors who are even paranoid about getting delivered restauarant food...We have been indoors except for our weekly/even biweekly supermarket trips. While many restaurants in our area are offering take-out/delivery we are choosing not to partake, instead choosing to go to the supermarket during senior hours, and cooking everything at home, So we are being punished by the new Hilton/get your Resort credit/ with RESTAURANT visits. Where do you LIVE that has real restaurants to take advantage of this?
Half (WAG) the restaurants around here are doing takeout/delivery only. (The other half are closed.) But the charge still posts as the restaurant.
Old May 1, 20, 12:56 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by geclub1 View Post
Agreed. Total bs. My credit expires on May 31. I guess I'll be reaching out again....
Old May 1, 20, 4:54 am

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
You're not being punished. No matter what they came up with absent a cash payment, different people would find different value. (And there are plenty detailed explainers out there explaining why food delivery is no more risky than your going to the supermarket even during senior hours.)
Old May 1, 20, 7:17 am

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Official announcement has been made that $250 credit can be used this summer for restaurants. This is extremely generous, as more people will be able to use this than the resort credit. As noted above, no matter what they did short of just giving everyone $250, some people would be able to benefit more than others. As for why the June 1 date to start, there could be a range of reasons including the notion that summer was when most people would be traveling, or just that they couldn't code the system for a May 1 start date.
Old May 1, 20, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
Official announcement has been made that $250 credit can be used this summer for restaurants. This is extremely generous, as more people will be able to use this than the resort credit. As noted above, no matter what they did short of just giving everyone $250, some people would be able to benefit more than others. As for why the June 1 date to start, there could be a range of reasons including the notion that summer was when most people would be traveling, or just that they couldn't code the system for a May 1 start date.

I used my 2019-2020 credit. My next Fee posts in July.

Will July - August 31 restaurant charges apply to my "new" fee window? It seems written to suggest it's for last year, but as I have cancelled my mid-summer "resort" trips I would think it's fair to let qualify in this window.
Old May 1, 20, 8:16 am

If you are paranoid about getting delivered food, you are obviously paranoid against going anywhere or buying ANYTHING. Better to just close your card and get a refund to be safe.

If you step back for a second and be realistic, there is not real threat from contactless food delivery, which many many many places have right now. This is a GREAT perk.
Old May 1, 20, 8:22 am

Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
Maybe gift cards will work? Get them mailed.
Old May 1, 20, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
You are all correct. Hilton has been exceedingly generous and anyone could make this work.
Old May 1, 20, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
To clarify the offer, it explicitly states that the restaurant credit includes takeout and delivery.

This change, plus the now-better-than-any-other-credit-card-I-have bump on grocery purchases to 12 points/$ (I value this at $4.20/$) plus the use of the award certificates for weekdays are all very nice accommodations to the current situation.

Now if they did something with the airline credit...not so much that I don't expect to fly in the next year but rather because with my preferred carrier I don't have incidental charges (except change fees which are being waived anyway)...
Old May 1, 20, 10:57 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Amex MR, Chase UR
Does anyone know if it includes delivery services though, like UberEats, Caviar, DoorDash etc? Or only direct from the restaurant?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: