Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100% Bonus Points on Points Purchase Promotion

Old May 27, 20, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE

Got this email today:

"Daydreaming about your next vacation?" Even if you're not traveling right now, build up your Hilton Honors Points balance for the future with this limited time offer. Buy up to 160,000 Points and get up to 160,000 more Points free, now through June 3rd"
The fun begins when the T&Cs state "Members may purchase a maximum of 80,000 points per calendar year."

In Chrome, the "Buy Points" page doesn't work.

In Firefox, you're finally presented with the ability to purchase points. Pre-promotion points are $0.01 each, and with the double-value promotion, points are $0.005 each. The landing page has corrected T&Cs stating you can buy up to 160k points per year.

We've been doing a ton of research on a points-stay vacation and have found that standard and premium rewards are fixed between $0.003 and $0.004 per point.

Is this considered a purchase through Hilton if I pay with my HHonors Aspire? An additional 14 points per dollar would make this enticing. However, it appears the promotion is through Points.com.
Old May 27, 20, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
Is this considered a purchase through Hilton if I pay with my HHonors Aspire? An additional 14 points per dollar would make this enticing. However, it appears the promotion is through Points.com.
It'll code as through points.com, so only 3x, not 14x. This is how it works for all the airlines and programs using points.com to outsource points/miles sales, the cobrand credit card (or travel card) won't give you anything extra, it's unbonused spend.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 8, 20, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Lifetime: UA United Club, UA 540K mi., AA Admirals Club & Marr. Gold
This same offer, with a maximum purchase of 160K points, has been resurrected from 1 October through 31 December 2020.

Is this generally considered a good value? 🤔
Old Oct 8, 20, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hilton LT diamond, Hyatt diamond, Marriott LTte, AA LT plat, Seabourn diamond elite
NO Sorta proven by the activity on this tread. Post #1 is accurate with a few high end exceptions and potentially squeezing a fraction more on a five night redemption.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by hedoman; Oct 8, 20 at 6:32 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: