I need minus 52 stays!?!

Old May 18, 20, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
I need minus 52 stays!?!

We all have things to say about Hilton IT. This is rather funny!
See the attached screenshot from my status. It says that I am a Lifetime Diamond. That's correct. Then it says that Lifetime Diamond is in my reach. And that I need -52 nights (MINUS 52) to reach the status!!!
😆
How can I book a negative stay? And do they pay me for such a stay?

😂
Old May 18, 20, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by runarbg View Post
See the attached screenshot from my status. It says that I am a Lifetime Diamond. That's correct. Then it says that Lifetime Diamond is in my reach. And that I need -52 nights (MINUS 52) to reach the status!!!
😆

😂
Well it does at least state that you’re already LT Diamond.
Old May 18, 20, 1:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could you actually be exactly just 52 nights over the requirement for lifetime Diamond?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 18, 20, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Could you actually be exactly just 52 nights over the requirement for lifetime Diamond?
Yes, I am. The purpose of my post is to show a "funny" result of Hiltons bad IT. They just take 1,000 nights and subtract my actual nights (1,052) and tell me that's what I need to be LDT. Without first testing that the number is negative. Poor programming!
Old May 18, 20, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
You're required to do 52 Marriott nights and submit proof in order to retain your status.
Old May 18, 20, 9:52 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta
Just curious where this screen is located. I have looked both on computer and phone app and can't seem to locate it.
Thanks.
Old May 18, 20, 10:11 am

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by BBQMonster View Post
Just curious where this screen is located. I have looked both on computer and phone app and can't seem to locate it.
Thanks.
Looks a lot like the "Account Overview" in my Hilton monthly statement e-mail except mine doesn't show the LT Diamond info. Maybe that is triggered by being within X nights of LT Diamond. I'm still at least 300 nights away I think.

My Account Overview in the e-mail just has current tier as Diamond and point balance. Though it does show the correct tier expiration date of 31 March 2022.
Old May 18, 20, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks.
It's in the monthly status e-mail.
Old May 18, 20, 10:35 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta
Originally Posted by DiverDave View Post
Looks a lot like the "Account Overview" in my Hilton monthly statement e-mail except mine doesn't show the LT Diamond info. Maybe that is triggered by being within X nights of LT Diamond. I'm still at least 300 nights away I think.
Thanks for the info. Just noticed that I never setup monthly email statements so maybe I will see it when I get a statement. According to my calculations I am about 16 nights short of LT Diamond. Probably would have been there this weekend if everything hadn't shut down.
Old May 18, 20, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave View Post

My Account Overview in the e-mail just has current tier as Diamond and point balance. Though it does show the correct tier expiration date of 31 March 2022.
They must not like me. Mine says Diamond expiration in 2021 and no indication of lifetime status. Oh well lol
Old May 18, 20, 2:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Thanks for the info. Just noticed that I never setup monthly email statements so maybe I will see it when I get a statement. According to my calculations I am about 16 nights short of LT Diamond. Probably would have been there this weekend if everything hadn't shut down.
Recommend contacting Hilton directly to get your most current lifetime night count toward LT Diamond.

David
Old May 18, 20, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1k, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
Originally Posted by runarbg View Post
😆

😂
I've got the same, I'm -252 nights away. It's been like that for two or three months.
Old May 18, 20, 4:47 pm

LOL...
SPN Lifer and DiverDave like this.
Old May 18, 20, 5:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
To Hilton Honors Ambassador (aka William):

Is there a good way to get feedback to the team that generates our monthly account overview e-mails? It seems a bit ridiculous for those who've already achieved Lifetime Diamond to get these messages that they have negative nights to go to achieve their already achieved lifetime status.

David
Old May 18, 20, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA MP HH
I won't make it on nights. Wonder if it will tell me how many base points I need. Pre-Covid, I was figuring I would make Lifetime about this time in 2021. Now...who knows. Maybe I will sign up for the monthly e mails closer to when I think I am almost there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: