Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What are current Hampton Inn breakfasts during the pandemic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are current Hampton Inn breakfasts during the pandemic?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:56 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BobOscar
It's not a big deal for a Hilton hotel that only has a few guests to ask if they plan on having breakfast the following morning. They can even take their order in advance and ask what time they'd like it to be ready. Instead of just doing "no breakfast for you".
Exactly why, as I mentioned, the pre-order method that the HI Mexico City seems to have adopted is a good compromise
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I can answer that. One of their marketing points pre-Covid was that breakfast was available from 4:00 a.m. onwards since there were several 6 a.m. flights departing COS.
When they told me the, "4am to 6am breakfast," it sounded like a cop-out. But I wasn't going to eat there anyway.
There were maybe 20 vehicles (max) in the hotel parking lot, although if people have early flights they might be doing shuttles and such. I arrived around 5-6pm the night before and left around 8am, and other than the FD clerk, I might have seen 2 other people.
I selected the property fairly late, maybe 2-3 weeks before my stay, and it was the cheapest in town at that point, which is why I did (it was a roadtrip and I was playing with my route for a while). I didn't want to stay in a downtown area either.
That said, Colorado Springs isn't a very big town, so it might have taken me 15-20 minutes (at the most) to drive there from Garden of the Gods.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by KenH_Atlanta
We have stayed at several Hampton Inns and Homewood suites while on a road trip from the southeast to western national parks. Each breakfast arrangement has been different (including within chains) but all have included a food serving that was flexible, nutritious, indicative of thoughtful planning and served by pleasant, helpful staff.

i just wish Hilton was a bit more serious about their published masking policy. Enforcement has been nonexistent at every single property we have stayed at. Many hotel staff representIng nearly every property we have stayed at have also been maskless (wearing one on your chin does not count). Hilton gets a miserable fail on this and leaves us uncomfortable about scheduling any further stays until the pandemic has ended.
Like everything else right now there is simply no way for Hilton to ensure compliance/enforcement that the mask rule is being followed by guests or by staff at every hotel. At the Hampton I moonlight at, there are no temperature checks for staff or screenings or really anything. It's all on the honor system that you're good. The same as all guests need to have a mask on indoors per Hilton and state policy but plenty of guests see the signs and laugh at them/ignore them/say that their state doesn't require masks so they're not doing it here or one last month gave me the line of "as long as my president doesn't wear a mask, I'm not either." Technically per Hilton verbiage if you don't wear a mask the staff working can refuse service but I don't see that happening in most cases because to do that would risk a confrontation that you don't have the resources or training to handle if things go wrong especially when chances are, you're the only employee in the building.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
Like everything else right now there is simply no way for Hilton to ensure compliance/enforcement that the mask rule is being followed by guests or by staff at every hotel. At the Hampton I moonlight at, there are no temperature checks for staff or screenings or really anything. It's all on the honor system that you're good. The same as all guests need to have a mask on indoors per Hilton and state policy but plenty of guests see the signs and laugh at them/ignore them/say that their state doesn't require masks so they're not doing it here or one last month gave me the line of "as long as my president doesn't wear a mask, I'm not either." Technically per Hilton verbiage if you don't wear a mask the staff working can refuse service but I don't see that happening in most cases because to do that would risk a confrontation that you don't have the resources or training to handle if things go wrong especially when chances are, you're the only employee in the building.
Exactly; I was at a few properties in the greater Omaha area a couple weeks ago and generally mask compliance (both on and off property) is lower than I've become accustomed to in my dual homes of Cleveland and Washington DC -- I did appreciate, though, that at least one of the properties while the FDAs weren't universally masked when they saw me approaching with mask on they pulled one on before I got close enough for mask-or-no-mask to actually have any significance. Guests, on the other hand were all over the place (fully masked, mask around neck, no mask in sight, etc.) and I was a little disheartened to not see hotel staff even make an attempt to "remind" the guest.

That said, as you mentioned even if the hotel did eject the guest its going to be a more significant issue and bigger exposure vector than just letting it be. Given that the masks are to contain respiratory droplet spread by the wearer I'd much rather just quickly pass by an unmasked stranger and risk that they may exhale a couple times while I'm in the vicinity than engage in a conversation where they're likely to yell at me and I can virtually guarantee droplets will exist. So there's no good way for a confrontation to end even with multiple employees in the building.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BobOscar
All Hilton variety of hotels should be able to do this.
Not necessarily. For some it might require a redesign of their restaurant / breakfast area.. And it'd be complicated for ones who want to discriminate against HHonors members (giving them only access the "continental" part of the breakfast buffet during pre-Covid times), because it would require checking ID's/names/something.

So it's much simpler for hotels that give the same breakfast to everyone, like a Hampton, than for DoubleTree's, FS Hiltons, etc.

And other brands need other solutions. You can't get a cooked-to-order breakfast in the same way at an HGI that you get a buffet-served-to-you breakfast at a Hampton.

At an HGI, the solution would be to place an order, get it a few minutes later in a bag, and take it back to your room. But that's still a different solution, and points out the need for different solutions at different brands that do breakfast differently.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Hampton Inn ARCATA, CA. Breakfast was a crappy grab&go bag with only the orange with nutritional value. Special K bar was the lousy sugar pack. My wife refused to touch any of the stuff for our 3 night stay to visit Redwood National and State Parks.
Westcoaster likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Three Hampton Inn stays last week, three different breakfast scenarios. Hampton Inn Bainbridge GA, basically full breakfast served completely by staff. Hot items dished onto a plate, pastries and bread items, as well as hard boiled eggs all bagged. Juice available, again, serviced by staff. Coffee available 24 hours in the lobby. Hampton Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park, standard Grab and Go bags with water, muffin, fruit bar and fruit. Coffee only in-room coffee maker. Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, full hot and cold breakfast. Hot items, including coffee, served by staff in to-go containers. (No coffee available outside of breakfast hours other than coffee maker in the room.) Cold items like juice, milk, yogurt and cold cereals self serve. Interestingly, this hotel provides a wrist band at check in for breakfast. I assume they must have had problems with people crashing breakfast from the beach...
Old Sep 29, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Hampton Inn in Jacksonville, FL....

Full hot breakfast is back including waffles, smoothies, etc. Self-serve, but closely monitored by breakfast attendant. Guests must don rubber gloves before entering food-service area. No additional sneeze guards, etc.

No housekeeping. If you wish to have toiletries refreshed, you complete a written order form and submit to the front desk by 8AM. Then, someone will hang a bag with your requested items on your doorknob by 4PM.
SPN Lifer and sdsearch like this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 9:29 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Self-serve breakfast at the Hampton Inn in Truckee CA this morning. Plenty of open tables to social distance, but I brought my items back to my room. They had bagels, cereals, yogurt, greek yogurt mini cakes, apples and bananas. Coffee available on request.

SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by tom911; Oct 12, 2020 at 9:35 am
Old Oct 13, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Hampton Inn and Suites Middlebury IN

Sausage patties and scrambled eggs for hot items, self serve, bagels, toast, cereals, fresh fruits, juices, coffee, tea also self serve.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by tom911
Self-serve breakfast at the Hampton Inn in Truckee CA this morning. Plenty of open tables to social distance, but I brought my items back to my room. They had bagels, cereals, yogurt, greek yogurt mini cakes, apples and bananas. Coffee available on request.

That breakfast format with the cardboard box is the new minimum standard arrangement that all Hamptons need to be doing either now or by I assume the end of the month (I only moonlight part time and skimmed the memo) unless you've got a government restriction somehow preventing it from occurring. My Hampton just transitioned to it last week. Only tweaks for us is that Sysco is currently back ordered on the eggs and we're not doing any juice or V-8 as our management company has decreed that to be too expensive.

Last edited by The Road Goes On Forever; Oct 14, 2020 at 8:55 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 14, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
July (two separate 1-night stays) - Hampton Inn I-26/Harbison Blvd, Columbia, SC: Standard full breakfast options as usual. Self-serve except for the hot buffet items and toasted breads were served by gloved & masked attendant behind plexiglass. Fruits and breads were individually saran-wrapped. Juice and coffee dispensers available for self-serve. Milk cartons in the fridge.

Last week (3-night stay) - Hampton Inn, Deadwood, SD: Disappointing. Bagged breakfast with the exact same items & flavors every day: mini bottled water, apple, yogurt, small granola packet, blueberry muffin, 2 mini (~silver-dollar diameter) quiche type things to heat up in the microwave. Coffee dispensers available.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:26 am

Hampton Inn, North Conway, NH had to go bags (not self serve) at the desk. Pre-packaged banana muffin (not wrapped like the bagels above but a crumbly dry convenience store one -- no other flavors), apple cinnamon nutrigrain bar, small unripe banana, and bottle of water. Ended up skipping it after the first day.

Both the DoubleTree and HGI I stayed at had much better mask enforcement + full to-order cooked breakfasts.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 2:51 pm

Kansas City Area and Rochester,MN

The Hampton Inn in Belton offered prepached muffins and Mandarines plus coffee/tea. Next time it was in a bag with bottle of water.

Hampton Inn North, Rochester MN offered 2 varm items such as turkey sausage, bagle topper and these small omelettes. yugurt, juices, toast etc. All served by the always friendly Joyce.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Hampton Inn Sherwood Portland - chosen for its location - offered a bagged breakfast with an optional banana. Inside the bag was a bottle of apple juice and a small sugar granola bar. That's it - pretty pathetic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.