Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slow Refund to credit card

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2020, 2:48 pm

Cancelled my stay at the Aleph Rome Hotel the day the COVID cancellation form went live, disappeared from the app within a couple of days but haven't heard anything from Hilton, the hotel or received a refund.

Anyone had any luck with getting a refund from the Italian hotels?
Old May 8, 2020, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by dmahon
I’ve had to cancel a 12 day stay in early June, which I booked on a dinner, bed and breakfast deal. I was hoping to be able to go but the hotel isn’t providing dinner, my airline has just cancelled my flight and there’s still a 14 day quarantine in place.

I have therefore filled in the form on the website for a refund. All my previous cancelled stays were flexible bookings that I could cancel directly.

I fully understand it might be a while before I get my money back, but will I receive email confirmation of my cancellation? I believe you can cancel up to 24 hours before your arrival so I’d expected a quick, even automated, acknowledgement after filling in the form - but I have heard nothing and the stay still shows as live online. Have I potentially filled in the form incorrectly, or do I just need to wait?
No email confirming cancellation for me except one
I have used the online form to cancel three stays, only one email was received stating "late cancellation".
That was back in March. Since then I have received two refunds and the third is still pending after the hotel offered me a voucher and I have declined,
Old May 8, 2020, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by adenzin7
Hi, of course I paid 120€ non-cancellable advanced purchase rate for June 7th. It all looks very strange and besides my invoice I haven't heard anything from the property. I'll call again.

LateCancel!?

No reservation or cancellation number, all my other cancelled stays in the past have them. I also never received a confirmation email.

It's meaningless and likely ought to have been intercepted. There was a charge of EUR 119.12 when booked and that was then credited when the reservation was cancelled. Results in a balance due of nothing. Keep a PDF just in case something ever pops the wrong way.
Old May 14, 2020, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by shorty11857
Cancelled my stay at the Aleph Rome Hotel the day the COVID cancellation form went live, disappeared from the app within a couple of days but haven't heard anything from Hilton, the hotel or received a refund.

Anyone had any luck with getting a refund from the Italian hotels?
Hilton Garden Inn Milan North sent me an email yesterday with an attached "credit voucher" to use at their property before April 2021. Clearly not the refund I was waiting for. I am following up with Hilton
Old May 14, 2020, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by MP001
Hilton Garden Inn Milan North sent me an email yesterday with an attached "credit voucher" to use at their property before April 2021. Clearly not the refund I was waiting for. I am following up with Hilton
At least they're contacting you! Hope you can get the refund

Think if I don't hear anything back in the next couple of days I'll call Hilton again
Old May 14, 2020, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
If doing a credit-card chargeback, do not wait until too late. Make sure you know the applicable statement date deadline to file with your card issuer.
Old May 17, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
I canceled 9 prepaid bookings in total. Every booking has been refunded except 1 (Hilton Düsseldorf which I canceled March 25th). I emailed them to ask for an update. I received this reply Friday, I find this completely unacceptable?

"We hope this message finds you safe and healthy.

Please be advised that during this COVID-19 time the process of refund will take some time (expected around September/ October), because of the high amount of cancellations and refund-requests and because of the fact, that the accounting department is currently not fully occupied with staff."

Should it help if I email the general manager?
Old May 17, 2020, 2:01 am

I'm in a similar situation.
Most of my stays refunded but Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol emailed me asking to wait until October. I understand delays in this situation, however, I cancelled the reservation mid March...
I have a planned stay in August at the same property, so I'll wait and see what they will say at that time otherwise I'll open a Guest Assistance with Hilton
Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Hilton KUala Lumpur took over three months to refund my cancelled stay making all sorts of excuses about being busy and banks

London Olympia took 36 hours for it to appear back on my card

Hilton Corporate showed complete disinterest in the first situation .

You would think they would enforce some sort of reasonable standard
Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I think I may have posted some of this update elsewhere in a different thread, but as I had posted about my issue earlier this this thread, it's best to close mine off with an update as well.

My missing refund was for the DT London Excel. The hotel has postponed re-opening a number of time and is currently moved back to November. Having spoken to the office of the hotel owner, they were rather honest and suggested that it is more likely to be 2021. They also confirmed that they couldn't / wouldn't do anything to supply a refund, falling back on it needing to be done by the hotel when re-opened.

I took it up with Hilton Corporate and they offered to either pay me a cheque for the amount, but in USD. I wasn't keen on this due to bank charges and having to physically pay it in etc. As an alternative, they offered me a couple of free night vouchers, that I believe are electronic versions of Be My Guest vouchers. They offered one to cover the room rate and a second voucher for the inconvenience. I was happy to accept these and they sent a confirmation of the vouchers, plus a closing of the case later that day. The vouchers hit my account same day as well.

I had waited patiently for almost 6 months, but with the hotel dates being pushed further back, I wasn't willing to wait for much longer. Pleased with how the representative resolved it for me.
:D! likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.