Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Doubletree Miscellaneous Questions & Observations" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2020, 3:35 pm
formerly Will Stonehocker
Original Poster

Doubletree has been around since 1969? Which one is your favorite design Doubletree, exterior as well as interior?
Old Apr 14, 2020, 11:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Doubletree Wroclaw, Poland
fed planner, MarcD and paul00 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 12:36 am

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Used to be Kuala Lampur,not anymore!
Old Apr 15, 2020, 3:45 am

Doubletree Amsterdam, appreciate others will disagree.
365RoadWarrior and JetSet05 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I like the Doubletree Tower of London a lot, but not sure if it counts here as it's a reflagged Mint.
Leonvomp likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:20 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Without a doubt, the Emily Morgan, a DoubleTree property in San Antonio, Texas. Has quite a history, nearly every room is different from the other, and it is haunted.
troop891 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
The Doubletree Arctic Club in Seattle was pretty unique (though not great lately with the growing homeless problem outside it's doors). Also not very unique, but I liked the views from the old Doubletree in Pittsburgh (it's now the Westin, and the Doubletree is a dumpier older building down the street).
Old Apr 25, 2020, 12:37 pm
formerly Will Stonehocker
Original Poster

Great choices.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 12:59 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker
Great choices.

Last edited by curiositykillsacat; Apr 26, 2020 at 1:26 am
Old Apr 26, 2020, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BearX220
I like the Doubletree Tower of London a lot, but not sure if it counts here as it's a reflagged Mint.
Doubletree is the brand that Hilton uses for re-flagged hotels, so this entire thread is about which re-flagged hotels people happen to like... (except I suppose for a handful of hotels that pre-date Hilton's purchase of DT/Embassy/Hampton)
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Doubletree is the brand that Hilton uses for re-flagged hotels, so this entire thread is about which re-flagged hotels people happen to like... (except I suppose for a handful of hotels that pre-date Hilton's purchase of DT/Embassy/Hampton)
That is not entirely true. Quiet a few Doubletree hotels were newly build and have always been a Doubletree (like Doubletree Wroclaw). There are also several hotels that used to belong to different chains and have been re-flagged into a Hilton Garden Inn (like in Brussels) or even a 'normal' Hilton.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Reflagging is common practice across the industry, and there are plenty of reflafgged HGIs, Hamptons, Hiltons, etc. Doubletree has gained a rep as the flag they hang on properties added to the system that don't fit neatly into one of the other brands, and there are indeed plenty of purpose-built "original" Doubletrees around from the pre-acquisition days, so the resulting lineup is a sort of formless grab-bag.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:34 am

Doubletree Melaka in Malaysia, the infinity pool and lobby lounge are so beautiful.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:44 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
Doubletree has gained a rep as the flag they hang on properties added to the system that don't fit neatly into one of the other brands.
Maybe the case in the US. Less so in Asia/ Aus
Malasyia DT KL and Penang were a full refurb as is the upcoming Putrajaya, DT Johor Bahru and Melaka new builds
China there are now 30+, most new builds afaik
Australia Melbourne and Perth new builds, flags in Alice, Darwin
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I would have to agree. For interior design I also think Doubletree Goa Panaji is worth a mention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.