Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Hilton Award Calendar is (?) broken...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2020, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat

Checking availability for Waldorf Astoria Rome, Italy for July using the flexible award calendar.
There is NO availability for standard room nights with points. Minimum points are 114,000+ per night.
However, searching without the flexible award calendar, I can see numerous possibilities for two night awards for regular rooms during different times of the month.

Is the flexible award calendar broken?
Old Apr 7, 2020, 4:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
No, it just sounds like they are only offering standard room inventory for 2+ nights.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Allow me to rephrase my question

If I try to book award nights for 23-25 July, I get availability for 80k points a night

If I try to book award nights for 23-25 July, with my dates being flexible, I get availability for 114k points a night for the SAME NIGHTS.

Why?

Is the flexible award calendar broken?
OR
Are they trying to make it difficult for us to find award nights using the flexible award calendar?
Old Apr 7, 2020, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
Allow me to rephrase my question

Are they trying to make it difficult for us to find award nights using the flexible award calendar?
They try to make it difficult!
Old Apr 7, 2020, 5:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying.

Have checked the same and got the same result as you, although when clicking through from the flexible dates it does then return the correct 80k per night available for your selected dates.

Checking a few other Rome properties, there is the same issue, so yes there is an issue with the flexible view. As always with most things to do with Hilton IT, I would lean towards cock-up over conspiracy, so it will be another of their IT mess ups.
DiverDave and gottaluvNW like this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 8:12 am

Yes, it’s an IT issue, have also noticed this recently in other destinations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.