Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Renewing Status for All 2020-2021-2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Renewing Status for All 2020-2021-2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:48 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cova
Would be interesting to know what percent of Hilton members who have status, got it from a CC, regardless of nights stayed. My guess - 50%. This may not be that big of a deal.

I am Gold from AmEx - and would have continued to be Gold even if I stayed zero nights this year.

Marriott doesn't give out its higher level status - Platinum and above from Credit Cards (that I am aware of).
Possibly 50% applies for the USA but down under in Australia and NZ it is probably 0%
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
@craigthemif@47: I've seen HH do more late-year teases than any other program I've been enrolled in.

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 26, 2020 at 12:14 am
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Boy - I've got a weird situation. Had an Ascend in 2019 - made Diamond on spend (would have been good till this year). Upgraded to an Aspire, still Diamond. Now that can't use the air fare and resort credit easily, thinking about downgrading to Ascend but don't know how status will be treated :/
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:23 am

Does this include those that got their status from status match in 2019? I haven't got the email so hard to tell if I'm included in the extension.

Last edited by Zuljan; Mar 26, 2020 at 1:31 am
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mgkelly
I think you stay gold through 2021, so have 2021 to requalify. Your reasoning is prob why they have been so generous with the extension.
You don't... you only stay Gold until March 2021.

I suppose if I end up inclined to come back to Hilton, that 3-month window in early 2021 could be useful...
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:52 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Any idea what will happen to Status Matches that were started earlier this year?

Here I started a Status match from Accor Platinum mid-January. At 9 nights currently and was due for 10+ nights more in March and the first 2 weeks of April when most of my travel was planned, but unfortunately these have been cancelled now...
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I have not received the mail up to now but I imagine that will get it soon, over 10y Diamond gained by stays.

Probably there was no need to confirm the extension so soon but is a good move to gain loyalty
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:20 am

Good move, Hilton.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
Great move by hilton, was happy to get the email last night
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: BA SIlver, Virgin Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
What a move by Hilton. Makes me relax about Diamond for a year.

Hospitality is a tough business in the best of times and it's probably the most challenging time in history for hotels right now.

I'll be doing all I can to support Hilton (and owners), first by staying at Conrad Hong Kong on Saturday night.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Synthesis
Any idea what will happen to Status Matches that were started earlier this year?

Here I started a Status match from Accor Platinum mid-January. At 9 nights currently and was due for 10+ nights more in March and the first 2 weeks of April when most of my travel was planned, but unfortunately these have been cancelled now...
Curious about this as well. I am in the middle of a status match started in late January and received the email i’m assuming everyone else received yesterday about the extensions. It didn’t mention anyone currently on a status match.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:38 pm

Hi so I have diamond due to end March 2020, will I get it through to 2021 or 2022?

thanks

Last edited by hash; Mar 26, 2020 at 2:32 pm
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
I took advantage of the Diamond Status extension for the upcoming year (ACL surgery interrupted a few months last year) -- they really are covering all the bases.

I wanted to follow up on the recent message you received from our CEO, Chris Nassetta, about everything Hilton is doing to support our guests, members, and communities during this time. Part of that message included the announcement that we will be extending your status through March 31st, 2022. With this extension, you will continue to enjoy all of the Diamond benefits you have access to today for the next 24 months.

We are specifically reaching out to you because you took advantage of our one-time Diamond Status Extension benefit this year. Given we are extending status for all Hilton Honors members, we wanted to let you know that you will be able to use your Diamond Status Extension benefit again another time in the future. There is no need for you to do anything, as this is being automatically updated in our systems.

We appreciate your continued loyalty and wish you the best as we navigate these times together. Our Team Members look forward to welcoming you again, whether you’re traveling now or in the future.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Hilton is definitely leading the travel industry with this policy. Have not seen another US Airline or Hotel Chain do the same, but I could be wrong.
cesco.g, DenverBrian and kaffir76 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by hash
Hi so I have diamond due to end March 2020, will I get it through to 2021 or 2021?
Yes.
:D! likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.