Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How Will 2019 Novel Coronavirus Affect Hilton Honors Elite Status?

Old Mar 18, 20, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond

so most of us are grounded and unlikely to make our status this year......any idea if theyll hold the status from last year over??
Old Mar 18, 20, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nlkm9 View Post
so most of us are grounded and unlikely to make our status this year......any idea if theyll hold the status from last year over??

Wouldnt expect any mention of this till they know how long the disruption will last. eg everything is back up and running 5/1, I doubt they will grant same status, maybe a Challenge. However things dont start up again till 9/1 then most likely status will be rolled over, same applys to the Airlines
:D! likes this.
Old Mar 18, 20, 9:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by nlkm9 View Post
From Hilton's announcement:

We will make updates to the requirements for earning tier status for 2021. Since the situation is still evolving, it is too early to make and announce specific changes. We are committed to sharing details as soon as possible.
https://www.hilton.com/en/corporate/coronavirus/
Old Mar 18, 20, 12:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Gold
Gotta say... with as many posts as OP has, I would think you could come up with a more descriptive thread title. Probably missing responses from people who just skip by...
Old Mar 18, 20, 1:01 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by xooz View Post
Gotta say... with as many posts as OP has, I would think you could come up with a more descriptive thread title. Probably missing responses from people who just skip by...
Is there really anything to add other than what craz already said? Nobody can plan until we have some idea of how long travel restrictions will last.

If I can start travelling from June I'll easily be able to retain Diamond (even though I scrape by with 30 stays each year and so far 0 stays in 2020). If I can't travel until September then maybe not.
Old Mar 18, 20, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xooz View Post
sorry, not terribly creative today
Old Mar 18, 20, 1:38 pm

Programs: MSC (Miles Slut Club); Cunard- Diamond 300+; Princess- Elite 200+; RCCL- D Plus; QF LTG; CA P
Hilton announced following policy to Greater China members by Chris Nassetta:

1, If a member did not re-qualify for his/her elite membership in 2019, his/her current elite membership will be extended to 31st March 2021.
2, If a member qualified for elite membership (Gold/Diamond) in 2019, his/her elite membership will be extended to 31st March 2022.

I would expect Hilton to extend such hospitality to all members.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Mar 18, 20, 4:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond + Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by craz View Post
... I doubt they will grant same status, maybe a Challenge.
Apparently they have already offered same status through 2021 for customers in China. But nothing yet for other locations.
Old Mar 18, 20, 5:37 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by chongcao View Post
Hilton announced following policy to Greater China members by Chris Nassetta:

1, If a member did not re-qualify for his/her elite membership in 2019, his/her current elite membership will be extended to 31st March 2021.
2, If a member qualified for elite membership (Gold/Diamond) in 2019, his/her elite membership will be extended to 31st March 2022.

I would expect Hilton to extend such hospitality to all members.
I am wondering if Greater China will expand to the Philippines, Conrad Manila just cancelled my March 22 reservation, closed until further notice, at least until April 16. Hilton Manila is still open at the moment, I have 2 reservations coming later this month, when asked, I was told they were open but with limited services, closing the EL and moving it to the 3rd floor, no room service and limited food options. If this last longer than expected I may have trouble getting 30 stays in this year.

Last edited by craig44485; Mar 19, 20 at 5:40 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 18, 20, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Well, on a side note, Radisson sent me an email the other day stating that all of us who had their elite staus expiring at the end of February 2021, will now have that status expiring at the end of February 2022.
Old Mar 19, 20, 3:41 am

Programs: MSC (Miles Slut Club); Cunard- Diamond 300+; Princess- Elite 200+; RCCL- D Plus; QF LTG; CA P
Originally Posted by craig44485 View Post
I am wondering if Greater China will expand to a the Philippines, Conrad Manila just cancelled my March 22 reservation, closed until further notice, at least until April 16. Hilton Manila is still open at the moment, I have 2 reservations coming later this month, when asked, I was told they were open but with limited services, closing the EL and moving it to the 3rd floor, no room service and limited food options. If this last longer than expected I amy have trouble getting 30 stays in this year.
I don't know the answer. But I do hope Hilton to extend such hospitality to everyone in the world. It is no longer a China issue. Everyone is suffering. If Hilton can not match its own policy to its extensive goodwill to Chinese members, I would be very disappointed with Hilton for such direct regional discrimination.
craig44485 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 20, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by chongcao View Post
I don't know the answer. But I do hope Hilton to extend such hospitality to everyone in the world. It is no longer a China issue. Everyone is suffering. If Hilton can not match its own policy to its extensive goodwill to Chinese members, I would be very disappointed with Hilton for such direct regional discrimination.
This Greater China extension was announced almost 2 months ago when the virus was not yet prevalent in the rest of the world. I would be optimistic they extend it elsewhere fairly soon.
Old Mar 19, 20, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Bawble1 View Post
This Greater China extension was announced almost 2 months ago when the virus was not yet prevalent in the rest of the world. I would be optimistic they extend it elsewhere fairly soon.
The greater China extension to 2022 I quoted was announced exactly on 18th March 2020 (which is yesterday). Email was sent yesterday. It is an updated version from previous announcement. The announcement you mentioned few months back was to extend to end of 2020 and then 2021, not 2022.
:D! and SPBanker like this.
Old Mar 21, 20, 7:43 am

Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
They should expand the definition of Greater China to include Europe.

Both Chinese nationalists and Europeans trying to hold on to status will be happy.
:D!, chongcao and nacho like this.
Old Mar 21, 20, 4:36 pm

Programs: HHonor Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS, Malaysia Airlines Enrich Platinum
I, like you, have a number of reservations that have been cancelled at Conrad Manila. I have more going out through May that remain, for now.

Due to the lockdown, Conrad Manila currently is not accepting guests, whether walk-in or with current reservations (which have been cancelled).

All restaurants are closed and any open space (pool, garden, balconies etc) are closed and not accessible. Food is being supplied to the handful of guests who are trapped, via room service (with limited menu) only.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: