Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How Will 2019 Novel Coronavirus Affect Hilton Honors Elite Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Will 2019 Novel Coronavirus Affect Hilton Honors Elite Status?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond + Marriott Gold
According to a message posted to the hilton.com web site this morning, "We are extending your 2020 member status through March 31, 2022. This means you will continue to enjoy all the Diamond, Gold or Silver benefits you have access to today for the next 24 months"

In addition, anyone whose status was set to be downgraded at the end of this month will have their current status extended until March 31, 2021.

This is a nice move and very much appreciated.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jerry Vandesic
According to a message posted to the hilton.com web site this morning, "We are extending your 2020 member status through March 31, 2022. This means you will continue to enjoy all the Diamond, Gold or Silver benefits you have access to today for the next 24 months"

In addition, anyone whose status was set to be downgraded at the end of this month will have their current status extended until March 31, 2021.

This is a nice move and very much appreciated.
Yes much better than other hotel groups. And I am glad Hilton did extend the courtesy to worldwide members. I will stick with them after everything is going back to normal.
Jerry Vandesic likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Is this really a big deal? What percentage of Hilton members get their status from having a Credit card - like Gold from AmEx Plat. Or Diamond from the Aspire card?
CC status (assuming you keep the CC), doesn't change regardless of number of nights.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by cova
Is this really a big deal? What percentage of Hilton members get their status from having a Credit card - like Gold from AmEx Plat. Or Diamond from the Aspire card?
CC status (assuming you keep the CC), doesn't change regardless of number of nights.
Outside the US, probably a lot of them.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS, Malaysia Airlines Enrich Platinum
Originally Posted by Mordac
Outside the US, probably a lot of them.
I am one of them (outside US, with no credit card option).....but I already have my Diamond status renewed through stays in 2020....so what do I get for my loyalty?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SG Pirate
I am one of them (outside US, with no credit card option).....but I already have my Diamond status renewed through stays in 2020....so what do I get for my loyalty?
Whilst I sympathise with you, this was never headlined as a "Corona Freebie".

The idea was the ensure that no-one's status and status renewal would be prejudiced by COVID-19 such as losing status in 2021 because of inability to complete stays this year. Hilton have achieved that and arguably more.

So whilst you have not had a windfall you are in the same position that you would have otherwise been. I suppose there will likely be more people with Status in 2021 so there will be "benefit dilution" but Hilton might solve that by not status matching next year.

Overall, H have done a good job.

Last edited by flieduk; Mar 26, 2020 at 7:23 am Reason: Insert quoted text
Old Mar 26, 2020, 8:13 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nlkm9
so most of us are grounded and unlikely to make our status this year......any idea if theyll hold the status from last year over??
Since the o.p.'s question has now been answered
Hilton Renewing Status for All 2020-2021-2022
I'll close this and invite the discussion to continue there.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator
Hilton forum
Zurich likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.