2 stays short of Diamond Status

Old Mar 13, 20, 1:12 am
Original Poster

2 stays short of Diamond Status

Lost Hilton Diamond status
I miscalculated our stays and found out we had 28, not 30. In late Dec., we rented a Hampton in our hometown to get to 30 (or so I thought). Are there any options to change this? How can I make this work?
thank you.
Old Mar 13, 20, 8:15 am

Get the HH AmEx Aspire card and consider the $450 annual fee the cost of those two extra stays.
Old Mar 13, 20, 11:09 am

Programs: UA MP HH
So, last year, you didn't make it to 30 stays...correct? Didn't make it on base points or nights, correct?

Why should there be an exception to the clear rules? If there should be an exception created, get out of the way...the rush for others to get exceptions will be a stampede.
Old Mar 13, 20, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by tillytoo9 View Post
Lost Hilton Diamond status
I miscalculated our stays and found out we had 28, not 30. In late Dec., we rented a Hampton in our hometown to get to 30 (or so I thought). Are there any options to change this? How can I make this work?
thank you.
Simple answer...be more careful about tracking your stays this year and in the future. Problem solved.
Old Mar 13, 20, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
There is the diamond status extension if you qualify.
From the terms and conditions:
Eligible Diamond members will have a one-time opportunity to extend their Diamond tier status if they will not requalify via stays/nights/Base Points.
  1. Diamond status extension
    • Eligibility requirements:
      • Three total years at Diamond status (years do not have to be consecutive)
      • At least 250 nights (paid or reward) OR 500,000+ earned Base Points since joining Hilton Honors.
      • Members may submit the request at https://diamond-status-extension.hiltonapps.com/
Besides getting the credit card, your only other option is to contact Hilton Honors after 1 April and ask if there is a challenge or fast track that they might be able to offer to you to get back to diamond quicker. Occasionally such fast tracks have been offered.
Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps
Miscalculated diamond renewal
tillytoo9 and tynmar like this.
Old Mar 13, 20, 1:02 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Otherwise try contacting hilton Honors on twitter
when I enquire about the possibility of extending my gold status,they asked me are you 1 stay short from achieving the target
tillytoo9 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 20, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

This answer applies to how I can change the behavior in the future. Thank you. I am looking for help in solving the issue as stated.

Originally Posted by BlueZebra View Post
So, last year, you didn't make it to 30 stays...correct? Didn't make it on base points or nights, correct?

Why should there be an exception to the clear rules? If there should be an exception created, get out of the way...the rush for others to get exceptions will be a stampede.
Why? That is not the issue I'm interested in at the moment. I'm interested in knowing if it exists.

I'm looking for help not to be scolded. If you aren't interested in helping don't indulge by submitting. It serves no purpose but to further your own agenda.
As it happens, my Hilton Honors App shows 31 stays. Thank you to those that offered help- I'll pursue this elsewhere.
craig44485 likes this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Mar 14, 20 at 9:26 pm Reason: merged poster's three consecutive posts
Old Mar 13, 20, 2:57 pm

This answer applies to how I can change the behavior in the future.
I would say that if you check in and out of Hilton properties 30 times in future calendar years that should solve your problem.
moa999 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 20, 4:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
I'm looking for help not to be scolded. If you aren't interested in helping don't indulge by submitting. It serves no purpose but to further your own agenda.
As it happens, my Hilton Honors App shows 31 stays. Thank you to those that offered help- I'll pursue this elsewhere.
I see you are new to FT....welcome. I think what you are seeing here is this site is filled with veteran and frequent travelers who work very hard for their statuses and rely on each other to learn. You are learning a valuable lesson here, you must track and monitor your stays better. There is not a person on here who has not made a mistake or miscalculated something, I think the frustration comes from the approach you feel you should be awarded the status anyway and that somehow Hilton and those who actually met the requirement should feel bad for you. With the overloading of people with status, especially from CC spend, there just is not much sympathy which is what you are seeing.
Old Mar 13, 20, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer View Post
I see you are new to FT....welcome. I think what you are seeing here is this site is filled with veteran and frequent travelers who work very hard for their statuses and rely on each other to learn. You are learning a valuable lesson here, you must track and monitor your stays better. There is not a person on here who has not made a mistake or miscalculated something, I think the frustration comes from the approach you feel you should be awarded the status anyway and that somehow Hilton and those who actually met the requirement should feel bad for you. With the overloading of people with status, especially from CC spend, there just is not much sympathy which is what you are seeing.
The lesson here is don't work hard for status and don't confuse "status" with actually being important, powerful, intelligent, or anything but a being some sort of customer..

Get the aspire if at all possible and don't think of any of this as earned.
Old Mar 13, 20, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Were you diamond in 19? Hilton will grant a one time exception and give diamond status for the year.
Old Mar 14, 20, 8:36 am

Programs: AMEX MR, Southwest, HH Diamond, M Life, Hertz, Amtrak
Don't "excess" days carry over into 2020 status calculations? If there hasn't been an error, then that would be good start to status this year.
Old Mar 14, 20, 8:32 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
Originally Posted by awesomeness2 View Post
Don't "excess" days carry over into 2020 status calculations? If there hasn't been an error, then that would be good start to status this year.
Rollovers are for “nights”. OPs original issue is about “stays”
Old Mar 14, 20, 9:29 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Exclamation Moderator's note....

If you have helpful and civil suggestions for the o.p. other than what has been offered, please feel free to offer.

Otherwise....

Snarky and off-topic posts have been deleted.

Let's stay helpful. Thanks

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Hilton forum
Old Mar 14, 20, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
If you are a US citizen just get the aspire card for this year. The diamond status will count towards the required ten years of diamond for lifetime diamonds and since you are staying at Hiltons a lot the bonus points on Hilton charges will add up plus you get the $250 resort fee credit that can be used towards the room rates and the free night.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: