Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Family MVP Rate -- 2020 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cblaisd
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

ARCHIVES FOR PREVIOUS MVP THREADS ARE HERE:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1811953-archive-2015-hilton-family-mvp-rate.html?highlight=mvp

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/932556-archive-hilton-family-mvp-rate-2016-through-2019-a.html?highlight=mvp
Print Wikipost

Hilton Family MVP Rate -- 2020 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by birdiedouble
I've never seen an MVP rate at the same level as the regular room rate. It's only been lower or not available. I also don't think I've ever seen (AAA/AARP) prepay rates higher than flexible (AAA/AARP) rates either. This doesn't seem like an availability issue. It seems to me that either MVP has come to an end or something is coded wrong.
I agree birdiedouble...i follow the MVP Rates over years and booked it for every USA Vacation. Hope it is coded wrong.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by BobH
Not a data base issue per se because rates can change by the hour depending on available capacity.

Bob H
Sorry, but you're missing the point. Everyone knows that rates fluctuate. What's different is that the MVP rate is now the same as the normal Honors discount rate, not 20% off BAR.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by zachary
Sorry, but you're missing the point. Everyone knows that rates fluctuate. What's different is that the MVP rate is now the same as the normal Honors discount rate, not 20% off BAR.
That's not published (just seems to be the case recently). Either way, it's currently same but with better cancellation benefits. So still somewhat better.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
That's not published (just seems to be the case recently).
I'm not sure if this is a reference to MVP rates being 20% off BAR. Just to be clear, until the last few days, MVP rates have been 20% off BAR for over a decade. I know that I've been using them since at least 2009.

You are correct that the 20% off was not published anywhere. It was just what happened when the MVP rate was available.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It continues to say 20% off BAR under the rate details with these new prices.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:08 pm

Something has definitely changed. William, can you please research to determine if this is a glitch or a permanent change to the MVP rate? Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Hilton Honors Ambassador
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Today's Loyalty Lobby newsletter says the MVP rate is no more:
Hilton Retires 20% Off Americas MVP Rate Plan
Any creative ideas for good discounts, other than the ones that have already been mentioned (AAA, AARP, etc.)?
Someone mentioned the government rate, and it is often 25-30% lower than rack rate, but that might be risky if you are not, in fact, a government employee.
Thoughts?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Any creative ideas for good discounts, other than the ones that have already been mentioned (AAA, AARP, etc.)?
Someone mentioned the government rate, and it is often 25-30% lower than rack rate, but that might be risky if you are not, in fact, a government employee.
Thoughts?
I get due to the abuse they found with MVP (including how easy it is to even get a card, not their intented audience) I wouldnt be at all surprised to start to see any and ALL forms of Codes being carded
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:37 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Just confirming that changes were made recently to the MVP rate to make it accessible only by guests who are qualified to use it by their association with targeted sports programs.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
Just confirming that changes were made recently to the MVP rate to make it accessible only by guests who are qualified to use it by their association with targeted sports programs.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
William, what about reservations we all have made prior to this change? Do we have to cancel and rebook at different rates or are existing reservations grandfathered in?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:35 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
William, what about reservations we all have made prior to this change? Do we have to cancel and rebook at different rates or are existing reservations grandfathered in?
Even those bookings technically require proof of sports affiliation at check-in, so the best I can tell you is existing reservations will be honored with the terms and conditions agreed upon when reservation was made and let you decide what actions you want to take.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by spainflyer
Thoughts?
MVP was great while it lasted. Wonder if TeamUSA rates (which were 15% off BAR) are still available?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eujeanie

. I dont have a leg in this game = havent used MVP for a long time. But if I had any reses that I used MVP for and I didnt have an affiliation with a Sports Club that HH accepts or any where theres a DP saying I showed a card from "....." and it was accepted. I would CX all the reses outstanding. If its past the CX period then Id try and come up with some ID and hope it works. But going forward Id want to have ID from an accepted Group (not just for MVP but any Code that will be used).
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by craz
. I dont have a leg in this game = havent used MVP for a long time. But if I had any reses that I used MVP for and I didnt have an affiliation with a Sports Club that HH accepts or any where theres a DP saying I showed a card from "....." and it was accepted. I would CX all the reses outstanding. If its past the CX period then Id try and come up with some ID and hope it works. But going forward Id want to have ID from an accepted Group (not just for MVP but any Code that will be used).
That's exactly what I have done, and I mentioned it several posts back. Between AAA and AARP I really only had minimal upcharges, and one reservation I switched to Marriott. I was really asking for general guidance in case any one else was curious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.