Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New app...Where is the Floor Plan

Old Feb 23, 20, 9:08 am
Original Poster

The new app has worked pretty well, although I can not seem to find the floor map of the hotel any more. Can anyone help direct me to where this is located on the new app. I have multiple reservations booked and before I check in to a hotel, I like to look at the floor map to see how many floors there are to get the top floor for domestic hotel stays. Once the check in window happens, I can check in and see which floors have rooms and which ones are available, but I can't tell if there are other floors available unless there is a room open there. Appreciate any help Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 20, 9:16 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Gold
You can get the floor plan before checking in, but it won't tell you the rooms that are open.

Looking under stays, I find a specific stay. Scrolling down I find the tile that says 'floor plan'. Its a generic floor plan.

Hope that helps.
Old Feb 23, 20, 10:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Clearly this is not an improvement and shows once again the incredibly frustrating development in IT (website / app). Losing functionality is unacceptable.

Apparently, Hilton is not interested in improving anything and doesn't listen to the frequent travelers at all.
Old Feb 23, 20, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by bitterproffit View Post
You can get the floor plan before checking in, but it won't tell you the rooms that are open.

Looking under stays, I find a specific stay. Scrolling down I find the tile that says 'floor plan'. Its a generic floor plan.
Just to be 100% - are you running the newest build, which I believe to be 3.28.2? The functionality you mention exists in 3.27 and previous versions; I'm still on 3.27 because I haven't been force-upgraded yet, so I haven't seen 3.28. But users on FT have complained of loss of other functionality in 3.28 and this thread title references the "new app" so I just want to clarify.
Old Feb 23, 20, 11:47 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I had no idea there was a new app? That sucks. Sorry if I gave wrong info.
Old Feb 23, 20, 11:58 am
Original Poster

It was there on the old app. But not on the new version unfortunately. I tweeted Hilton Honors and they said it was still there, but I think the tweeter was thinking of the old app. I have tried. I am not the most tech-savvy person I know, but I just can't find the floor guide anymore for my upcoming stays I hope they bring that function back.
Old Feb 23, 20, 3:18 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
I'm on 3.11.1 which according to Google was released 2.5.20 and it shows me the floor plan during current stay or when picking a room during OLCI but not for a future stay.
Old Feb 23, 20, 6:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Iím running 3.28.2 on an iPhoneX with the current iOS and can see the floor plan for my current stay (HGI) , another one later this week (Hilton) one in March (same Hilton) and one I have booked in July at a Curio. Seems fine for me.
Old Feb 23, 20, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

I have 3.28.2 in iPhone X as does my husband. His app looks different than mine and is the older version that shows the floor plans. I have 24 stays upcoming and can see the floor plan for none of mine. So frustrating.
Old Feb 23, 20, 7:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VS Silver, SPG Gold
Running 3.28.2. I can see floor plans on the iPad app but not iPhone XS.
Old Feb 23, 20, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ctbarron View Post
Running 3.28.2. I can see floor plans on the iPad app but not iPhone XS.
I just downloaded it on my iPad and I can see the floor plans there as well. For some reason the app looks very different on the iPhone X and no floor plan available. Weird.
Old Feb 24, 20, 3:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Priority Pass Select, TSA Pre-Check, US Global Entry
See my Post #10 below. It may help...

iOS Hilton app new update: how to add stays into Apple Wallet?
Old Feb 24, 20, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
I will try this tonight at my hotel...on way to Boston now for work. Thanks so much!
Old Feb 24, 20, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by xiphoid76 View Post
I have 3.28.2 in iPhone X as does my husband. His app looks different than mine and is the older version that shows the floor plans. I have 24 stays upcoming and can see the floor plan for none of mine. So frustrating.
I can see floor plans for some of my upcoming stays but not others.

I know some of the properties have never showed floor plans to me.

Android app 3.11.1.
Old Feb 24, 20, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xiphoid76 View Post
I will try this tonight at my hotel...on way to Boston now for work. Thanks so much!
didnt work unfortunately- no floor plans available. So frustrating.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: