Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus - does Hilton waive nonrefundable bookings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus - does Hilton waive nonrefundable bookings?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:57 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
That is odd/concerning. Keep
us posted?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:12 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Abidjan
That is odd/concerning. Keep
us posted?
Hasn't come through as an actual charge yet, so I might be overreacting to what could be a processing error that could have already been corrected.

In happier news, Hilton Tallinn has processed a refund within 2 days of cancelling. Impressed that they were able to get to it so quick. Have started rebooking parts of this trip for October as some airline tickets could be moved but not refunded.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm trying to cancel a non-refundable booking via the Coronavirus form on the website. It always fails with a generic "An error has occurred, please check that you have completed the form correctly" (or similar). Anybody else having the same issue?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:29 am

Have received a full refund from Hilton London Olympia overnight, though did take a $21 hit on exchange rate - had actually expected a bit more than that as the GBP is down to $1.18 today. Looks like it was processed a few days ago at a better exchange rate. Appreciative that Hilton has the refund policy in place and hope to replicate these stays in the fall on a new trip.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I called the Diamond Desk to cancel 2 nonrefundable rates, one at the Waldorf Astoria in Cairo in March, and one at the Martinique over Memorial weekend. I called Sunday, there was no issue with the WA, but the NYC hotel was beyond the time scope. I told I booked there simply to use my free Aspire night and booked a second night to go with it. She said she would have to check with the hotel, and I also told her that credit with them for a year was fine. I got a FORM letter from Hilton saying they would get back to me about my stay problem (which I haven't had), and both stays are still pending.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Still waiting on my refund. How long does it take?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:54 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'm trying to cancel a non-refundable booking via the Coronavirus form on the website. It always fails with a generic "An error has occurred, please check that you have completed the form correctly" (or similar). Anybody else having the same issue?
I eventually got this to work. However, it now says that it will take 7-10 days to process. Of course, my reservation is this weekend.

So, I phoned to cancel, and this seems to have been done. I got a cancellation email while I was on the phone, and a zero priced folio. Now, let's see if I actually get the refund
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by demkr
Got mine within 48 hours.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by florens
Got mine within 48 hours.
Going on almost a week now for mine...
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:44 pm

It took 7 days from the time I filled out the web form until my London refund posted.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan
https://www.hilton.com/en/corporate/...7e3c3972ab78c6
  • Existing Reservations. All reservations – even those described as non-cancellable (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are scheduled for arrival before April 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
Just wondering when this will be hopefully extended to May.

Our stay is at a Hilton Grand Vacation in Vegas. Should I call them directly? I did book through HH site. Or just wait to see if HH extends the no penalty cancel policy since this was booked as a nonrefundable.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by demkr
Just got mine after about 10 days wait. Called Diamond desk March 13 and they said no problem canceling and it should be quick. Refund hit my credit card yesterday March 23. Reservation was for Hilton Berlin.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by OB one
Just got mine after about 10 days wait. Called Diamond desk March 13 and they said no problem canceling and it should be quick. Refund hit my credit card yesterday March 23. Reservation was for Hilton Berlin.
Thank you!

On day 10 now myself, hasn't come yet.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tom911
How many of those are in Europe and do you have any concerns about flight cancellations to get there or get home? I have stays coming up in the next two weeks in Estonia and the UK, flying home from Dublin, and with today's announcement
that EU members will not be able to fly out from the UK or Ireland I'm worried my U.S. flight from DUB end of month might not operate. Also concerned about seeing travel restrictions in Denmark and Norway and wondering how long until Finland or Estonia enact something and I get stuck there. There's a lot more in play here than someone wanting to stay home.

Hope you enjoy your stays.
We stayed domestic and did not travel to international hotspots for fear of getting stranded, not fear of any virus. Had a great time in FL got back a few days ago. Got treated better by hotels then I ever have before.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:06 am

Happy to report that my credit from Hilton Euston in London posted, albeit 12 days after the request. I lost about $150 with the exchange rate.
Abidjan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.