Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Punta de Mita {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by djibouti
How are the F&B prices? They don't post menus with prices online, and I'm thinking of booking here for a family vacation with some more price-sensitive relatives. I'm trying to gauge how much subsidization I'm signing up for :-)

Specifically, typical cocktail price? Beer? Lunch/dinner entrees? Thank you in advance!
Prices are in line with what you would expect from a US based Conrad.
Breakfast at Arbol runs $22 p/p for continental to $35 p/p for hot breakfast.

Lunch at Paleta (the pool Bar and Grill) was very reasonable. For lunch most items are between $10 and $20. We dont drink but Virgin Pina Coladas were $3 each.

Dinner at Mezquite (the outdoor beach grill) was definitely the most expensive. Most dinner entrees range from $30 to $60. The two of us had dinner a couple times and the bill came to $87 one night and $103 the next. In room dining entrees range from $15 to $40.

Overall Prices were a bit high but what you expect from a Conrad, and food was excellent. If you are HH diamond you also get $44/day dining credit that you can use for any dining purchase.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:40 pm

Can’t post a link yet but if you google: “dining Conrad punta de mita” the first result has links to menus with prices.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by SoonerMagic
Can’t post a link yet but if you google: “dining Conrad punta de mita” the first result has links to menus with prices.
I'm not seeing it. I see the menus but they don't have prices.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 12:23 am

You’re right. Prices were on there a couple of weeks ago. Must have taken them off. I remember thinking the prices weren’t too bad.

Edit: From memory, nachos at the pool bar were $10 or $12. Most alcoholic drinks were $10. I think most beers were $7. At Mezquite, steaks were $40-$50 with the Tomahawk steak (which serves two) at $80 being the most expensive. Seems most entrees were in the $30-$50 range. Of course, this assumes they haven't changed the prices.

Last edited by SoonerMagic; Dec 23, 2020 at 12:12 pm
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I am a Hilton Diamond member and considering a stay here, I usually stay at the St Regis in Mita, i have some questions:

- does anybody have a contact email for the hotel?
- what type of Ocean front suite are Diamond members being upgraded to? I see a couple of options is it the Premier or regular?
- if i book a rate with breakfast included, i am assuming that i will get full breakfast and can use my Diamond credit for lunch etc
- how far is the hotel from local restaurants such as si senor?
- does hotel have a house car to take u around locally?

Last edited by navatwal; Dec 23, 2020 at 5:51 pm
Old Dec 25, 2020, 9:18 am

I booked a King Bed Partial Ocean View Room (650 sq ft) with HH points & an Amex certificate. Got upgraded last night via the Hilton App to a King Bed Partial Ocean View Suite (1,460 sq ft). The app is showing either room 811 or 911 available to me. I'm not going to online check-in. When I check in tomorrow, I'll ask about further upgrades (free & paid), but am pretty happy with the upgrade that has already been offered.

The Premier Ocean Front Suite offered via eStandby was very tempting, but with taxes & fees likely would have cost $225/night. Would have definitely been worth it over the room I booked, but not sure that it's worth it over the free diamond upgrade being offered.

Looks like as a general rule, diamond members are being upgraded one level so from a room to a regular suite with the same view and bed as the original room. I'm guessing, without knowing, that booking a regular suite may trigger a diamond upgrade to a premier or higher level suite. Of course, occupancy is going to be a factor. With them being capped at 50% occupancy right now due to COVID this is probably the best upgrade opportunities we will ever see.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
I am a Hilton Diamond member and considering a stay here, I usually stay at the St Regis in Mita, i have some questions:

- does anybody have a contact email for the hotel?
- what type of Ocean front suite are Diamond members being upgraded to? I see a couple of options is it the Premier or regular?
- if i book a rate with breakfast included, i am assuming that i will get full breakfast and can use my Diamond credit for lunch etc
- how far is the hotel from local restaurants such as si senor?
- does hotel have a house car to take u around locally?
Hotel email: [email protected]

I booked a King Oceanfront room and was upgraded to the King Oceanfront Plunge Pool Suite which was amazing.

The rate I booked included breakfast. However we were disappointed the included breakfast (which is also the breakfast they offer HH diamonds) is a continental and I thought it had a very pool selection. If you book a rate with breakfast included, they give you $22 p/p ($44 total) per day that you can use at any dining outlets.

Punta Mita (and Si Senor) is about a 10-15 minute drive from the hotel. I dont know if they have a courtesy car or not.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 3:28 pm

This place is beautiful. No further upgrades offered except for $900/night + fees & taxes extra for a penthouse suite. Not disappointing at all though. Our partial ocean view suite is amazing, is a two minute walk from the ocean, less than that from the pools, and has a plunge pool. Can’t imagine anyone not being pleased with any of the suites here.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:01 pm

If this link works, it has dining prices:

https://dining.conrad.rdmenu.com/
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:13 pm

If this link works, it has dining prices:

https://dining.conrad.rdmenu.com/
Perfect, thank you!
Old Dec 28, 2020, 9:26 pm

Just got home. It's an amazing & beautiful place. Staff was extremely attentive to guests with very few exceptions.

Will probably add some pics and a more complete review later, but just to let you know prices on the menu are very approximate. When we ate at Mezquite, the paper menu we were given had the Tomahawk steak at $80 rather than the $130 on the QR code menu that I linked to above. Guess what? It's neither! When the bill arrived it was $103.17, but sides were $4.76 instead of the $6 listed on the menu. Mimosas at Arbol were listed at $16 on the menu but came in at $12.xx. The bill was always something of a surprise, but overall seemed to be a wash so I didn't complain. I think the prices in USD probably varies based upon the exchange rate because none of the USD prices were round numbers.

Overall, highly recommend Conrad Punta de Mita. Wish I was still there ...
Old Dec 28, 2020, 9:59 pm

Interesting... $103.17 is almost exactly $80 + 29%, so perhaps it didn't include the tax (19%) and service (10%)?

But that doesn't explain the other discrepancies.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Just got home. It's an amazing & beautiful place. Staff was extremely attentive to guests with very few exceptions.

Will probably add some pics and a more complete review later, but just to let you know prices on the menu are very approximate. When we ate at Mezquite, the paper menu we were given had the Tomahawk steak at $80 rather than the $130 on the QR code menu that I linked to above. Guess what? It's neither! When the bill arrived it was $103.17, but sides were $4.76 instead of the $6 listed on the menu. Mimosas at Arbol were listed at $16 on the menu but came in at $12.xx. The bill was always something of a surprise, but overall seemed to be a wash so I didn't complain. I think the prices in USD probably varies based upon the exchange rate because none of the USD prices were round numbers.

Overall, highly recommend Conrad Punta de Mita. Wish I was still there ...
thanks much for the info. Looking forward to some detailed pics and info. Did you just eat at the on-site restaurants or did you also try out places around the place ? Am considering it for a 5/6 night stay in Feb and would like to explore some places to eat outside as well.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by djibouti
Interesting... $103.17 is almost exactly $80 + 29%, so perhaps it didn't include the tax (19%) and service (10%)?

But that doesn't explain the other discrepancies.
My dinner bill at Mezquite was Ironically $103
SoonerMagic likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by arshi007
thanks much for the info. Looking forward to some detailed pics and info. Did you just eat at the on-site restaurants or did you also try out places around the place ? Am considering it for a 5/6 night stay in Feb and would like to explore some places to eat outside as well.
Sorry, I've been slacking!

We didn't have a car and were only there two nights so rather than spending a lot of time & money on taxis we walked down the beach to Litibu Grill one of the nights. I recommend doing that. It's about a 20 minute walk each way which I enjoyed. I had the BBQ ribs. They food was good, but the views & atmosphere are what make it awesome. You have to make reservations, place a credit card deposit in advance, and they only accept cash (USD or MXN) . That and some of the rules on their website may be off putting to some, but once we were there it was super laid back and relaxing. Very glad we did that.

The only other place we went off the resort was El Barracuda but only had drinks since we had just eaten a heavy brunch at the Conrad. The El Barracuda is the opposite direction from Litibu Grill. I walked there and back, but it was an adventure involving climbing a pretty steep trail, crossing a barbed wire fence, and walking down a dirt road for about 3/4 of a mile. My gf took a taxi there from the Conrad ($17 charged to the room) and we walked back together. That was actually one of my favorite parts of the trip, but not for everyone especially anyone with mobility issues. I have some pics of that I will try to post later.

Some other guests, who had been there a week, recommended some other off resort restaurants. I will try to remember what those were ...
arshi007 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.