Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Punta de Mita {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by wahoyaho
Hey, would love getting info on the private driver. Planning on a trip down there later this year. Thanks!

Also, slightly off topic. I was also thinking of a few nights at Puerto Vallarta and was also eyeing the Westin. What were the issues, and if not Westin, which would you recommened? (Have 2 small children that likes the beach/waves)
PM me for info on driver.

Not sure if you've been to PVR before but the Westin is on the north side of the city, about 2 miles from airport. There's really nothing that intresteting in the area except the marina.

The issue with the Westin is that it's gigantic and old. And we got stuck in the very last room at the end of the hotel, which is a lot of walking just to get to the room.

I would not pay more than $200 a night or maybe 20k points at most. They also charge you $25 resort fee a night.

I think the Hyatt Ziva is a great value. The Ziva rooms are starting to get old but the location can't be beat with it's more longer "private" beach. It's also very close to the Romantic Zone, which is a fun area to walk around in.

If I were gonna use all points, I'd gladly do the Ziva.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:17 pm

Venture x credit

Fun fact. I paid a little bit at the hotel using my Venture X card as a test and I got reimbursed as part of the $200 vacation credit.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:03 pm

Anyone has experience renting a car from Enterprise on site? I am curious about the rate compared to online booking and insurance. TIA!
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Anyone booked or stayed at this property recently ? I was looking at the rates for Feb/March and i'm shocked to see the per/night rate being north of $800 on pretty much the next couple of months. I stayed there twice last year and while it is a pretty good property, i'm not sure its worth the $800+ rates that are being shown.

Has anything changed at the property that would "enhance" the entire experience ? At that rate, I might as well stay at the St Regis or FS.

Just wondering if this is somehow overhyped or that we just got really really lucky with the rates last year.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by arshi007
Anyone booked or stayed at this property recently ? I was looking at the rates for Feb/March and i'm shocked to see the per/night rate being north of $800 on pretty much the next couple of months. I stayed there twice last year and while it is a pretty good property, i'm not sure its worth the $800+ rates that are being shown.

Has anything changed at the property that would "enhance" the entire experience ? At that rate, I might as well stay at the St Regis or FS.

Just wondering if this is somehow overhyped or that we just got really really lucky with the rates last year.
Im curious if "The Bachelor" being filmed there has anything to do with their rates being so high??? I stayed shortly after the grand opening and had a rate of $232/night.

I'm thinking we might try the new Conrad Tulum on our next Mexico trip as their rates are about half of Punta de Mita.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arshi007
i'm not sure its worth the $800+ rates that are being shown.
At that rate, I might as well stay at the St Regis or FS.
Not sure you're comparing like for like. The rates at SR are a lot higher and FS are waaaay higher.
That said, I agree that the rates for the Conrad seem crazy. But as with any product, the price is the optimum reflection of supply and demand. In this region properties seem to be able to charge a lot higher than they would elsewhere, simply because people are actually paying it.
TravelingChef likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:36 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
National Car Rental lists the Conrad Puerto Vallarta as a rental location, which I believe refers to the Conrad Punta de Mita. Can anybody confirm whether or not they've seen a National desk at the Conrad Punta de Mita?
Thanks!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bostonbali
National Car Rental lists the Conrad Puerto Vallarta as a rental location, which I believe refers to the Conrad Punta de Mita. Can anybody confirm whether or not they've seen a National desk at the Conrad Punta de Mita?
Thanks!
Confirmed, though this was last October and I don’t recall ever seeing anyone there.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm doing some research about possibly staying here, I've got some free night certificates to burn.

I noticed that earlier in the thread posters reported a $22 p/p p/n F&B credit.
Then later in the thread people are reporting it's $15 p/p p/n.

So did they just reduce the benefit for no reason other than that they can?

Is there an a la carte alternative for breakfast and is that a better use of $15 or $32 than the buffet?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;
I too would love to know about the credits... I have a 4 night stay in June on certs coming up. I just read some new TA reviews, wow I might have to potentially reconsider based on at least one of those reviews. Seems food and service quality is an issue here? Thought i was going to be getting an awesome return on certs but man at least one diamond person had a crappy stay in April.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by tex1721
I too would love to know about the credits... I have a 4 night stay in June on certs coming up. I just read some new TA reviews, wow I might have to potentially reconsider based on at least one of those reviews. Seems food and service quality is an issue here? Thought i was going to be getting an awesome return on certs but man at least one diamond person had a crappy stay in April.
I just returned from a stay at the Conrad Punta de Mita. The daily diamond food credit is $17pp, or $34 per room (for 2+ people). It is taken off the bill each day you have a food expense - does not have to be breakfast.
For those bringing young kids, they have a 'under 5' free program, which includes a free kid's meal from the kid's menu, or 50% off for the child off a regular menu item. The 50% off regular items did not work at the pool restaurant, but at all other restaurants.
I would agree that it's not truly a 'luxury' hotel. Service was inconsistent and lacking, and minimal to no pampering at the hotel. I do understand it's cheaper than the 4S or St. Regis in Punta Mita.
Overall, we were not terribly impressed by this hotel, and will NOT be returning. PS - I used points / free night cert. Would have been REALLY disappointed if I paid $600-$1,000 per night here.
tex1721 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Trip Advisor Reviews.

Why do the majority of the 5* TA reviews look and smell obviously fake? Always perfectly placed right after a negative review by 1st time contributors.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;
Originally Posted by bostonbali
I just returned from a stay at the Conrad Punta de Mita. The daily diamond food credit is $17pp, or $34 per room (for 2+ people). It is taken off the bill each day you have a food expense - does not have to be breakfast.
For those bringing young kids, they have a 'under 5' free program, which includes a free kid's meal from the kid's menu, or 50% off for the child off a regular menu item. The 50% off regular items did not work at the pool restaurant, but at all other restaurants.
I would agree that it's not truly a 'luxury' hotel. Service was inconsistent and lacking, and minimal to no pampering at the hotel. I do understand it's cheaper than the 4S or St. Regis in Punta Mita.
Overall, we were not terribly impressed by this hotel, and will NOT be returning. PS - I used points / free night cert. Would have been REALLY disappointed if I paid $600-$1,000 per night here.
Was the food (dinner) at least worth the cost? Is the beach and pool etc. worth it- I am not looking for luxury but rather a nice/decent place to do beach things and relax. I planned on going to the 4S for golf and dinner one night.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by tex1721
Was the food (dinner) at least worth the cost? Is the beach and pool etc. worth it- I am not looking for luxury but rather a nice/decent place to do beach things and relax. I planned on going to the 4S for golf and dinner one night.
My opinion and comments are based on my two trips last year (Feb/Mar 2021). Overall the place is pretty nice, especially the rooms in the oceanfront casa. The pools were pretty good (although when we went, it was fairly empty so we practically had the pools to ourselves). The restaurants are pretty good (not over the top) and the staff is pretty nice. Given that its a luxury resort, the food is certainly a bit more expensive but i would say its pretty good. Having said that, if you are going to stay there for 3+ days and are going to eat all the time on the resort, you will kind of get bored (we did rent a car and went into Punta Mita/Sayulita for lunch/dinner on certain days and that made a big difference).
The basic buffet breakfast is ok so certainly don't pay for it (if you get it free as part of package or status, its fine). The breakfast with the hot items is a bit better (the hot items on the menu are pretty good). So this is where booking thru FHR or Virtuoso that includes this full breakfast would make a big difference in your overall experience.
Having said that, compared to last year, the rates this year have almost doubled and i'm not certain that the overall food and board is worth that much price (but its subjective and we may have just gotten spoiled by last year's prices). So overall its a step above the other "luxury" resorts in the area but probably nowhere near to FS or St Regis.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:21 pm

any recent stays? are the upgrades for diamond good?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.