FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Problems with Hilton website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/2009083-problems-hilton-website.html)

EasternTraveler Feb 14, 2020 10:20 am

Problems with Hilton website

:mad:Hilton now has the worst website. They keep making changes that make the site slower and more graphic. Obviously the two go hand in hand.

I do not want to see pretty pictures of rooms. I want to see the list of room rates and options to choose from when making a reservation.

To make matters worse, now they have pictures that make you have to scroll and scroll to look for the rate options.

They have also removed the ability to see room nights per year toward status and amount needed to next tier.

timfountain Feb 14, 2020 10:27 am

I agree, the #1 thing I want to do is check in and look at current and previous stays, points, nights etc. etc. None of that is on the home page, you have 2-3 clicks to get to that and it's not intuitive. It's ok to show pretty pictures of rooms and even prettier pictures of Anna Kendrick, but once you log in all of that should go away. As it stands I have actually stopped using the website. The iPhone app is so much more useful....

smmrfld Feb 14, 2020 10:44 am

Why even use the website? App is much quicker.

:D! Feb 14, 2020 11:25 am

1) I will always prefer looking at my 700mm × 300mm desktop screen over looking at my 140mm × 70mm phone screen, if I have the choice. (Obviously, it is now great that I can use my phone in situations where using a computer is not practical.)

2) You can click through cashback portals when using the website.

3) If mistakes are going to cost me money (such as when booking prepaid hotel rates) I want to have as much information as possible in front of me. This used to mean having lots of tabs and documents open on my computer, showing various maps and calendars and my flight schedule. Nowadays this means additionally having my phone next to my keyboard; nonetheless, using websites still give me more info than using apps even though "modern" web designers think that websites should just look like apps.

Cledaybuck Feb 14, 2020 12:00 pm

Can we just start with getting airport codes to work on the homepage?

aww3583 Feb 14, 2020 1:33 pm

I enjoyed the recent update that showed room rates on the hotel's icons on the map.

That functionality has been removed this week and we're back to the old map.

Just tried to login and the website is down.

DELee Feb 14, 2020 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583 (Post 32072845)
Just tried to login and the website is down.

"Too much graphi..."

<BSOD.>

David

CCIE_Flyer Feb 14, 2020 7:10 pm

Well, I logged into my HH account for the first time in I don't know how long today, and it asked me where my 0 points would take me? :p

skydve1 Feb 14, 2020 7:45 pm

I really hate the new site, the new 'maps' , and how much of a pain it is to book efficiently.
They need to bring back the old interface !!!

CHCflyer Feb 14, 2020 10:26 pm

Hilton website is a dream compared to the redesign over at the Accor website. Try finding a button to simply make a booking.
Who are these experts they use - clearly they never ask users?

hedoman Feb 14, 2020 11:08 pm

The crummy website coincides with dropping the MVP rate. 1 + 1 = 0

serpens Feb 15, 2020 7:30 am

Just piling on in case anyone from Hilton is here and wants to consider customer perceptions. The "phone interface on a computer" is a major stumble. I especially echo the sentiment of more information, fewer pretty pictures. Please, make the old interface available!

hugolover Feb 15, 2020 8:36 am

Are Accenture being the website as well as the HH system?

EasternTraveler Feb 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Someone from HILTON needs to come and read this!

I clicked on the website, came to this tab and read all the comments and typed the reply above. The site is still loading! :(

It just finished loading. Oh yes, I am watching it on a different computer. So SLOW!!!

TomMM Feb 15, 2020 6:03 pm

Teach them a lesson and book on a third party travel site!