Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Disney Hotel Recommendation

Old Feb 14, 20, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Never been to Disneyworld and would like to take the family there this year, sometime between June and early August. Any recommendations on Hilton Hotels to stay at that maybe include perks, fast pass, discounted tickets, transportation etc. (I'm currently a Diamond member).
Old Feb 14, 20, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Plt Pro/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH Diamond
There are loads of options. See the Orlando thread for lots of good information. The Waldorf and Bonnet Creek are my choices.
writerguyfl and jalves like this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
I recommend the Hilton Anaheim. Next door to Disneyland. Disney world is overrated.
Old Feb 14, 20, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul View Post
See the Orlando thread for lots of good information.
DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

And be sure to check out the individual threads for the various hotels for more detailed reviews:
Waldorf Astoria Orlando {US-FL}
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek {US-FL}
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}
Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs Area {US-FL}
Old Feb 15, 20, 9:27 am
Original Member

Pick one of the hotels that has the Disney perk of 60day FP:-
hilton bonnet creek and Waldorf, or one of the 3 along hotel blvd - Hilton LBV, Hilton Buena vista palace, or the doubletree Disney springs

off these, the bonnet creek are newest and are nice modern hotels with shared facilities. One of these would probably be my choice.

the Hilton LBV or BVP are older but both walking distance to Disney springs.

the doubletree is likely to be cheapest for points or cash

watch out for resort fees and parking fees, both are pretty steep
Old Feb 15, 20, 2:58 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk View Post
I recommend the Hilton Anaheim. Next door to Disneyland. Disney world is overrated.
This is false. Disney World is far better, unless you go during peak season where you stand in line for 3 hours for each ride
Old Feb 15, 20, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Plt Pro/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by United16 View Post
This is false. Disney World is far better, unless you go during peak season where you stand in line for 3 hours for each ride
There is also so much more to do in Orlando/surrounding area for the under 16 demographic: Universal, Seaworld, Legoland, Busch Gardens, hell even Gatorland .
Old Feb 16, 20, 6:23 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by United16 View Post
When is off peak? I have experienced(?) the rat factory more than a dozen times over 25+ years. Chaperoning small groups with my children and their children and larger school and sports groups and I have yet to experience sub 2 hr lines or great weather at the same time. I find the outdoor experience in Orlando to be the least attractive of all the Disney parks. Comparing Anaheim, Orlando, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Paris I much prefer to total experience in Anaheim. But YMMV.
Old Yesterday, 5:09 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk View Post
When is off peak? I have experienced(?) the rat factory more than a dozen times over 25+ years. Chaperoning small groups with my children and their children and larger school and sports groups and I have yet to experience sub 2 hr lines or great weather at the same time. I find the outdoor experience in Orlando to be the least attractive of all the Disney parks. Comparing Anaheim, Orlando, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Paris I much prefer to total experience in Anaheim. But YMMV.
Maybe I've just had good luck in October when we've gone (will again this year) with not have the ridiculous lines and we've had good weather the entire week. Last year only one storm which lasted less than an hour. As far as the international locations, I can't speak on those since I've yet to be able to make it to those.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Yesterday, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Diamond
I check into the Doubletree Disney Springs next week so Iíll let you know. I also suggest booking one that is annotated with Disney Perks so you can get your fast passes 60days out.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: