Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Plant-based/Vegan Diets & Hilton Properties

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 16, 20, 12:28 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SgtRyan
Wiki Link
Hi all,

For those of us that are on a plant-based/vegan diet, I thought it would be useful to have a list of properties shown which cater to this. This will be helpful when picking where to stay.

Please update the wiki as this may be helpful to others. Happy travels!

Hilton Dublin - Various items listed on the menu in the restaurant. Worth noting their prices for both food and drink were very reasonable.
Conrad Hong Kong - Had a couple of items on the menu in the restaurant (had a really good Impossible burger).
Waldorf Astoria Bangkok - If you tell the staff in the restaurant, both for breakfast and dinner that you are looking for plant-based options they will cater to this and modify anything where necessary. There were a limited number of options for breakfast.
Hilton Singapore - There is a plant-based specific restaurant within the hotel. It is more like a lunch place rather than dinner. Didn't eat there as it closes early, however, everything served on the menu is plant-based.
The Waldorf Hilton, London - Various options at breakfast.
Hilton Da Nang - Lots of options for breakfast. Staff will cater to you if informed of you are looking for a plant-based menu. Worth noting the food is amazing at breakfast.

florens says:

Hilton London Bankside has a vegan room and excellent breakfast
Hilton Tallinn Park has soy milk on demand only
Hilton Helsinki Airport has vegan cheese and soy milk
HGI LHR Hatton Cross has vegetarian sausages (vegetable sausages) on demand

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 13, 20, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: None

Hi all,

For those of us that are on a plant-based/vegan diet, I thought it would be useful to have a list of properties shown which cater to this. This will be helpful when picking where to stay.

Maybe we can get a wiki going? I'll start by giving my input from places I have stayed in over the last year. Please do update if you stay somewhere.

Hilton Dublin - Various items listed on the menu in the restaurant. Worth noting their prices for both food and drink were very reasonable.

Conrad Hong Kong - Had a couple of items on the menu in the restaurant (had a really good Impossible burger).

Waldorf Astoria Bangkok - If you tell the staff in the restaurant, both for breakfast and dinner that you are looking for plant-based options they will cater to this and modify anything where necessary. There were a limited number of options for breakfast.

Hilton Singapore - There is a plant-based specific restaurant within the hotel. It is more like a lunch place rather than dinner. Didn't eat there as it closes early, however, everything served on the menu is plant-based.

The Waldorf Hilton, London - Various options at breakfast.

Hilton Da Nang - Lots of options for breakfast. Staff will cater to you if informed of you are looking for a plant-based menu. Worth noting the food is amazing at breakfast.
Old Feb 13, 20, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Plt Pro/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH Diamond
Not often you see "plant based" and "Vegas" in the same sentence.

Last edited by pauleeepaul; Feb 13, 20 at 3:24 pm
Old Feb 13, 20, 3:02 pm

I'd figure that most properties in India do this pretty darn well...
florens likes this.
Old Feb 13, 20, 5:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Ah, typos.

I spent a full 30 seconds trying to remember if the Waldorf LV had anything notable that was vegetarian on their breakfast menu during my stay there last month...

🤣

(Their pistachio French toast was goooood though!)
Old Feb 14, 20, 9:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I have to imagine most if not all of Hilton's full-service properties around the world are able to cater to vegan diets. It might even be required as part of brand standards for all I know. Seems like this thread is unnecessary?
Old Feb 14, 20, 10:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Good thread and not unnecessary at all!

Availability and choice of vegan products (for example soy milk) at breakfast for example varies a lot.
  • Hilton London Bankside has a vegan room and excellent breakfast
  • Hilton Tallinn Park has soy milk on demand only
  • Hilton Helsinki Airport has vegan cheese and soy milk
  • HGI LHR Hatton Cross has vegetarian sausages (vegetable sausages) on demand
Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
I'd figure that most properties in India do this pretty darn well...
​​​​​​​Indeed.
Old Feb 14, 20, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MS02113 View Post
I have to imagine most if not all of Hilton's full-service properties around the world are able to cater to vegan diets. It might even be required as part of brand standards for all I know. Seems like this thread is unnecessary?
Actually no. In the last 12 months I have stayed at the following properties which do not cater to a vegan/plant based diet;

Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area
Millennium Hilton Bangkok
Hilton London Gatwick Airport
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront

Thread might seem unnecessary to you, and thats fine. You don't need to post here.
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by SgtRyan View Post
Actually no. In the last 12 months I have stayed at the following properties which do not cater to a vegan/plant based diet;
What, exactly, does "cater to a vegan/plant based diet" mean? I am quite confident that all of the full-service properties you listed are able to accommodate vegan requests.

Thread might seem unnecessary to you, and thats fine. You don't need to post here.
Hilton Worldwide has something like 6,000 properties. Just seems kind of pointless to attempt to maintain a running list of the subset that caters to your diet.
Old Feb 15, 20, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Does a 'V' next to a menu item indicate a vegan/plant based item?
Old Feb 15, 20, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomMM View Post
Does a 'V' next to a menu item indicate a vegan/plant based item?
Good question. Typically that would mean vegetarian meal. Best to ask the person serving you. I have found that some restaurants list vegan items as "vg"....but each place is different.
Old Feb 15, 20, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

What, exactly, does "cater to a vegan/plant based diet" mean? I am quite confident that all of the full-service properties you listed are able to accommodate vegan requests.

Hilton Worldwide has something like 6,000 properties. Just seems kind of pointless to attempt to maintain a running list of the subset that caters to your diet.
If I am going to a city and know that a property can cater to what I want, I am going to pick that property over one that doesn't. As mentioned previously, you don't like the thread so don't post here. Simple really.
Leonvomp likes this.
Old Feb 15, 20, 9:15 pm

If I am going to a city and know that a property can cater to what I want, I am going to pick that property over one that doesn't.
Naturally. We all do the same. Guess I am just curious about what, specifically, you want.

I find it very hard to believe that Waldorf Astoria Chicago, to take one of your examples, cannot accommodate vegan diets. What was the shortcoming you experienced there? Were you hoping for a separate vegan menu? Really just trying to understand what a property must offer to meet your criteria.
Old Feb 16, 20, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Naturally. We all do the same. Guess I am just curious about what, specifically, you want.

I find it very hard to believe that Waldorf Astoria Chicago, to take one of your examples, cannot accommodate vegan diets. What was the shortcoming you experienced there? Were you hoping for a separate vegan menu? Really just trying to understand what a property must offer to meet your criteria.
Within the bar is the restaurant. After a good few drinks, we were going to have dinner there. I had a look at the menu and there were no vegan options at all. As a result, we had to venture out to get some food. Worth noting staff were great, drinks were great (and prices were surprisingly not that bad either), but they didn't have anything we could eat and the staff was very apologetic. Is what it is. No big deal. Went out to get something...but yes, they didn't have anything for us to eat.
Old Feb 16, 20, 9:32 am

In the last 12 months I have stayed at the following properties which do not cater to a vegan/plant based diet;

Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area
You really expect a Hampton to cater to you in this way? Unrealistic, IMO. SMH.
Old Feb 16, 20, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
You really expect a Hampton to cater to you in this way? Unrealistic, IMO. SMH.
No of course not but mentioned it as it was a property I have stayed in recently.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: