Website, App Issues

Old Feb 13, 20, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, SkyMiles, Hertz
Website, App Issues

I tried to book two stays today and the website just isn't cooperating. I managed to book the first stay (I think..). After I hit the button to book my reservation I got the "It's not you, its us..." error message. When I clicked on my account button it took me back to the login screen and had logged me out. I eventually got a confirmation email for that booking, but I'm going to call the hotel later to make sure it went through on their end. For the second booking, after I search for the city I'm trying to book, it basically freezes up and never shows the hotels. I've tried several different times and can't get to the step of even selecting a hotel. I've never been a fan of the new website format, but this is really annoying.

Meanwhile, on the app... It doesn't show any of my upcoming stays anymore (not the ones above, previously booked ones). For the second stay above I need to look for flexible dates, so the app isn't much help on that front.

Has there been an update recently that is glitching everything up?
Old Feb 13, 20, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton
Various things are a mess at the moment. Simply trying to change the date in the opening website booking screen fails. And the app has "enhanced" the Previous Stays activity to now show wonderful photos of the properties you have stayed at, but can not give any more detail than the total number of points earned. I want details so that I can check that everything has posted correctly (bonus points, milestones etc). Fortunately the web version still gives this breakdown.
jefftiger and Sisosig like this.
Old Feb 13, 20, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select, CAM Card
My stays have been disappearing occasionally this afternoon with the new app. Besides this obvious problem, I agree with others on this thread and the other one that a lot of functionality has been lost. I don't see a way to display details about my upcoming stay. Despite reports on the other thread, I also don't see any means of adding a wallet card. And, I checked the version number (it's the same as others noted: 3.28.2).
Old Feb 14, 20, 12:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
My stays have been disappearing occasionally this afternoon with the new app. Besides this obvious problem, I agree with others on this thread and the other one that a lot of functionality has been lost. I don't see a way to display details about my upcoming stay. Despite reports on the other thread, I also don't see any means of adding a wallet card. And, I checked the version number (it's the same as others noted: 3.28.2).
To access stay info, you need to tap on the confirmation number and then a window opens with the rate etc.

I agree it is not ideal.

On a few occasions the new window would open but not fully load.

Disappointing that information I require most is a pain to access.
jefftiger likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: