Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

iOS Hilton app new update: how to add stays into Apple Wallet?

iOS Hilton app new update: how to add stays into Apple Wallet?

Old Feb 13, 20, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Question SOLVED | iOS Hilton app new update: how to add stays into Apple Wallet?

Solved. See post #10 .

--------------------------------------
Original Post:

Hilton Honors app automatically updated in my iPhone to version 3.28.2 and I cannot find the tab to add new reservations in Apple Wallet. Is it hidden somewhere or disabled? Ability to add the reservations in Apple Wallet was a helpful feather of the app. This new version has a poorly redesigned interface of the upcoming stays (the old interface was much better in my opinion).

Last edited by Tintin; Feb 14, 20 at 8:17 am
Old Feb 13, 20, 5:28 am

Hmm, looks like I'm still running 3.27 so I guess I'll try to hold off on updating if the stays interface isn't as good in that version. But what specific functionality do you wish to get from having stays in apple wallet? Personally I've always hated wallet and never understood the point of it. It pulls stuff in randomly and hijacks it (i.e. my airline BPs always showing up in it instead of the native app) which for me has created annoyances in the past.
Old Feb 13, 20, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
Hmm, looks like I'm still running 3.27 so I guess I'll try to hold off on updating if the stays interface isn't as good in that version. But what specific functionality do you wish to get from having stays in apple wallet? Personally I've always hated wallet and never understood the point of it. It pulls stuff in randomly and hijacks it (i.e. my airline BPs always showing up in it instead of the native app) which for me has created annoyances in the past.
I like Apple Wallet! Every important information stored at one place. I just move the cards and organize them according to the dates/time above the membership/status card. It is a good reminder of all upcoming trips etc. It was Steve Job's one of the last innovation.

Regarding Hilton's new app version, on a 2nd thought, the redesign isn't absolutely terrible. But the old design was much more functional. Now the background image of the stays looks better but the big square tabs (with important information, such as, digital key, etc.) are gone and you have move up-and-down on the page to find some of them. I cannot find the tab to add new stays in the Wallet. Personally, I like the last version a lot better. Perhaps this is a beta version.
Old Feb 13, 20, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
I like Apple Wallet! Every important information stored at one place. I just move the cards and organize them according to the dates/time above the membership/status card. It is a good reminder of all upcoming trips etc. It was Steve Job's one of the last innovation.
Yeah I dunno - I guess I like having everything in my Outlook calendar and then working in native apps. But I'm also a really, really late, begrudging adopter of iOS - I'm personally an Android / Windows guy and only first used an iPhone when issued a couple years ago by my current employer. So probably just a general dislike of change thing.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Feb 13, 20, 10:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I just updated to 3.28.2 and when I scroll down on an Upcoming Stay, there is a button to Add to Apple Wallet.
Old Feb 13, 20, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by birdiedouble View Post
I just updated to 3.28.2 and when I scroll down on an Upcoming Stay, there is a button to Add to Apple Wallet.
Not in my iPhone. I am using iPhone SE iOS 13.3.1, Hilton Honors app version 3.28.2. I will delete and reinstall the app later tonight. Will post if anything changes.
jefftiger likes this.
Old Feb 13, 20, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
I wish they would update the app to allow you to enter your digital key in the apple wallet on stays
Old Feb 13, 20, 10:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
The new layout is terrible!
Old Feb 14, 20, 7:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Not in my iPhone. I am using iPhone SE iOS 13.3.1, Hilton Honors app version 3.28.2. I will delete and reinstall the app later tonight. Will post if anything changes.
I just updated to iOS 13.3.1 on an iPhone X and it's still there.
Old Feb 14, 20, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb Solved!

I deleted the app and reinstalled it, and that solved the issue. The old interface is back and now I have the button to add the trips in Apple Wallet. Here is what I did:

(1) Delete all trips from Apple Wallet.
(2) Delete Hilton Honors elite status card from Apple Wallet.
(3) Log out in Hilton Honors app.
(4) Delete the Hilton Honors app.
(5) Reboot the phone (turn phone off and then on).
(6) Download the Hilton Honors app from Apple app store.
(7) Launch it, give all the security permissions asked, allow finger print to log-on.
(8) Log in into Hilton Honors app.

That's it. It worked. Now I have the old interface with the square tabs and the button to download trips in Apple Wallet. You can add your Hilton Honors elite status card from Account > Account Tab on top panel > Hilton Honors card > tap on "View in Apple Wallet" button.

Hope it works for you.
birdiedouble likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: