Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton IT issue - Doesn't recognize name and room # - 2 different hotels

Old Feb 12, 20, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT (2.6+ MM), UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold.

So I am trying to figure out an issue that I think is Hilton, but they say not. At a 2 day stay at hotel A this week during which the first day worked fine with premium internet access granted after putting my name and room # into the web page that opens when you have connected to HHonors. For the second day at hotel A it timed out after 24 hours. I did them same dance as described in the last sentence, only this time it said I had put the wrong name or room #. No matter what I did the web page said it didn't recognize me. I got a code from the FD and moved on. Well today, at hotel B I am getting exactly the same darn error, i.e. not recognized name or room #. I got a code from the FD but this is a band aid as it is only regular internet, not the premium I should be getting as a Diamond. Secondly I am wondering if this is a Hilton IT issue or something with my machine? I don't have any other devices I can connect to WIFI. Is anyone else familiar with this issue or seeing it elsewhere and what I can do about it?
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:07 pm

Happens at many properties IME. Just get a code from FD.
Old Feb 12, 20, 9:24 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Iím experiencing the same issue at (2) Hilton properties this week.
First was the Hampton Inn Rochester, MN. Second is the Hilton MSP airport.

Both hotels seem mystified as to the issue.

I was planning on emailing Hilton after my current stay.

Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
Happens at many properties IME. Just get a code from FD.
Didnít see this had more than one thread. First off, Iíve been at a Hilton brand property four of the past five weeks. This week is the first time Iíve had this issue and it has been at two different hotels.

Neither hotel had a code for premium internet, only standard. Thatís an issue Hilton needs to fix.

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 12, 20 at 11:48 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Feb 12, 20, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by DCAproducer View Post
Didnít see this had more than one thread. First off, Iíve been at a Hilton brand property four of the past five weeks. This week is the first time Iíve had this issue and it has been at two different hotels.

Neither hotel had a code for premium internet, only standard. Thatís an issue Hilton needs to fix.
Odd, Iíve been given a code for premium just about every time.
Old Feb 13, 20, 7:42 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, DL Gold, AA Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Gold, National EE, AVIS President
I had this issue last night and, unfortunately, spent a while on the phone with technical support. It is a known issue and they (AT&T) don't know the source of the issue. My tech-support rep put my device (hardware ethernet) address into the system and I only received the slower speeds. He couldn't override it to provide me with the premium speed. The front desk didn't know about any of this as I was trying to explain that it's something between how they "authenticate" that Geekboy is in Room 404.
Old Feb 13, 20, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by geekboy View Post
I had this issue last night and, unfortunately, spent a while on the phone with technical support. It is a known issue and they (AT&T) don't know the source of the issue. My tech-support rep put my device (hardware ethernet) address into the system and I only received the slower speeds. He couldn't override it to provide me with the premium speed. The front desk didn't know about any of this as I was trying to explain that it's something between how they "authenticate" that Geekboy is in Room 404.
Both hotels I was at this week seemed equally surprised. The Hampton Inn told me that Hilton controls the premium internet and it wasn't something they could get me on locally. The Hilton at MSP didn't have a premium code either, so it sounds like that could be the case.
Old Feb 13, 20, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT (2.6+ MM), UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold.
Hmm, so it's not just me. That's comforting to know. Both the hotels I stayed at this week swore blind it was only me and "they would have heard about it from other customers" if it were a widespread issue. I think they were lying or mi-informed...
Old Feb 18, 20, 11:19 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5 Star
Same thing happened to me on the 13th last week at a Homewood Suites in the Memphis area. Pain in the arse.
Old Feb 18, 20, 7:08 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM
Happened to me at Hampton Inn, Skokie IL on the 15th. Was told that it was an ongoing issue and gave me a code that worked.
Old Feb 19, 20, 3:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Gold
Happened to me as well at the Hampton Inn Downtown St Paul MN last week. Had to use a guest code on both my work laptop and my IPad.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: