Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Washing Conrad - Hilton Laundry Bags (non-plastic)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Washing Conrad - Hilton Laundry Bags (non-plastic)?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Curious...why would anyone steal that many laundry bags?
Well, interesting perspective. I use them. During a stay I place all my daily dirty laundry in them before housekeeping comes in so everything is out of the way for them. Then when I'm doing my final packing I just place the bag in my bag.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cymro
I'm sure you're interested in being green, but honestly, the environmental impact of making a durable bag like that which is then taken home and basically never used is far greater than the very few plastic bags that are required, especially if they themselves are repurposed.
Actually, my wife and I resuse them all the time. Nowadays I place one in my suitcase before I put it away so I don't forget it and have to grab a new one when I go on a trip. Before I would simply forget to add the bag when packing, now that is not a problem.

And I can assure you, from the hotels perspective these are single use products due to hygiene concerns with dirty laundry.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:11 am

I know what the OP is talking about and I've taken those types of bags before as well to hold dirty clothing in transit. I'm not exactly sure that they're cloth in the traditional sense - it's a very loosely formed, almost paper-like material, with the Conrad lettering screen-printed on it. OP isn't talking about sewn, embroidered cotton laundry valet bags like you see at a Ritz, etc.

The only point of comparison I can think of for the material is that it's similar to what's used on the underside of furniture, and the closest I can find with moderate searching would be at this link - https://www.fabricfarms.com/UP110.html

To the OP's original point, if you've ever accidentally washed a Kleenex, that is what I picture happening to one of these in a washing machine. But anything is worth a try once to find out!

And on the sustainability topic, I've had two carefully-selected "disposable" plastic laundry bags from higher-end hotels/stores that I've been using weekly for my dirty travel laundry now for over a year. I think it's a happy medium - pretty low impact across the board.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes of course hotels wash them.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Aren't these things made from some sort of peeled foam? I wouldn't think they would hold up well in the wash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.