How does Hilton calculate days?

Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:26 am
Original Poster

How does Hilton calculate days?

What are 60 days after January 5 for Hilton?

That day, I enrolled in a promotion for additional points. Though the offer says "Offer valid through March 31, 2021" the small print says "Offer valid for stays completed within 60 days of registration".

My next check-in could be March 5. According to Google, that is exactly 60 days after January 5. The Hilton Honors chat agent, however, told me that only stays until March 4 will be eligible - that's after he said it was February 4. I think he just used a calendar himself.

How does the HHonor computer calculate that?

Last edited by sokolov; Feb 11, 2020 at 11:38 am
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by sokolov
What are 60 days after January 5 for Hilton?

That day, I enrolled in a promotion for additional points. Though the offer says "Offer valid through March 31, 2021" the small print says "Offer valid for stays completed within 60 days of registration".

My next check-in could be March 5. According to Google, that is exactly 60 days after January 5. The Hilton Honors chat agent, however, told me that only stays until March 4 will be eligible - that's after he said it was February 4. I think he just used a calendar himself.

How does the HHonor computer calculate that?
This is the issue that comes up as to whether you count the first day of a promotion (is 5JAN day 1?) or do you start counting the day after. Would a stay on 5JAN count for the promotion? If so, the agent is correct. If you registered on 5JAN, imo a 60 day period within that registration date would end 4MAR.
writerguyfl likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.